Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Htc is slackin in the design department, *!%+ looks EXACTLY like the evo
30t6p3b.gif
this...... except for the speaker, kickstand and battery door. It does look more sexy tho
tongue.gif

Htc is slackin in the design department, *!%+ looks EXACTLY like the evo
30t6p3b.gif
this...... except for the speaker, kickstand and battery door. It does look more sexy tho
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by ninjahood

to be fair there's only so many ways you can re-do a big 4.3 screen...
I agree.  The preferred form factors don't really lend themselves to a lot of different design schemes. 
^ cue mourningheadnod .gif

I agree.  The preferred form factors don't really lend themselves to a lot of different design schemes. 

And really I'm not bemoaning that fact.  I'm ok with it. There are reasons why things are shaped the way they are.  Things evolve to what works best and what is easiest.  A lot of times any huge digression is made just to be different than it is an evolution.  The Palm Pre isn't nearly as intuitive as it is different than the normal lot of smart phones.

And really I'm not bemoaning that fact.  I'm ok with it. There are reasons why things are shaped the way they are.  Things evolve to what works best and what is easiest.  A lot of times any huge digression is made just to be different than it is an evolution.  The Palm Pre isn't nearly as intuitive as it is different than the normal lot of smart phones.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

manamazing55 wrote:

I charged my droid 1, with the new battery last night..

I took the phone OFF the charger, fully charged at 1:30 am.......8 hours later at 9:30, I checked the battery, it was down to 40% charge.

When I looked at usage it said, "cell standby 32%........phone idle 21%" etc

so is that normal? I thought Android was smart in the sense that it shut everything down as its not being used.

I just find it fascinating that a phone just sitting on a desk can use 60% of the battery in 8 hours.

Help? Clarifications?

Phandroid/XDA Explains Battery Guage
Gizmodo Explains Why Batteries Die
Lifehacker Explains How NOT!!! To Use Task Killers

Read all of it.

But from reading your post, your battery might be defective or your not using the proper charger Output on the charger should say (5V=0.85A)

GOOGLE ANDROID DEV BLOG EXPLAINS GINGERBREAD STRICT MODE

Read that too, "Vital Information for your everyday life"

i'm running 2.3 Gingerbread Rom on my EVO right now, no more running task eating away at the cpu or the ram. Instead it runs in a cache state in the background. Saving you battery life and giving you CPU performance. I'm at 8hrs 50m with an over-clocked CPU @ 1.1136ghz, 3G and WIFI On, and my battery life is at 54%. I didn't use the phone much tough but that is pretty good for a phone in ideal state an a over-clocked CPU.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

manamazing55 wrote:

I charged my droid 1, with the new battery last night..

I took the phone OFF the charger, fully charged at 1:30 am.......8 hours later at 9:30, I checked the battery, it was down to 40% charge.

When I looked at usage it said, "cell standby 32%........phone idle 21%" etc

so is that normal? I thought Android was smart in the sense that it shut everything down as its not being used.

I just find it fascinating that a phone just sitting on a desk can use 60% of the battery in 8 hours.

Help? Clarifications?

Phandroid/XDA Explains Battery Guage
Gizmodo Explains Why Batteries Die
Lifehacker Explains How NOT!!! To Use Task Killers

Read all of it.

But from reading your post, your battery might be defective or your not using the proper charger Output on the charger should say (5V=0.85A)

GOOGLE ANDROID DEV BLOG EXPLAINS GINGERBREAD STRICT MODE

Read that too, "Vital Information for your everyday life"

i'm running 2.3 Gingerbread Rom on my EVO right now, no more running task eating away at the cpu or the ram. Instead it runs in a cache state in the background. Saving you battery life and giving you CPU performance. I'm at 8hrs 50m with an over-clocked CPU @ 1.1136ghz, 3G and WIFI On, and my battery life is at 54%. I didn't use the phone much tough but that is pretty good for a phone in ideal state an a over-clocked CPU.

im using the battery FROM Verizon, im using the charger that came with my Droid.

My first battery was dying quickly, so I went and bought a brand new Droid battery from the store

im using the battery FROM Verizon, im using the charger that came with my Droid.

My first battery was dying quickly, so I went and bought a brand new Droid battery from the store

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by sole vintage

[h4]HTC Thunderbolt with LTE for Verizon pictured ahead of CES unveiling?[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Dec 28th 2010 6:35PM

So, that lovely 4.3-inch LTE smartphone with Android for Verizon we've been calling the Mecha and the Droid Incredible HD? Looks like it might come to market as the Thunderbolt, so says Droid Life -- and we tend to put some weight on the rumor considering that they've just run twelve leaked shots of the thing. As you can see, this is clearly Verizon's head-on answer to the EVO 4G, featuring similar stylings and, in all likelihood, an LTE modem swapped in for the EVO's WiMAX one. Sure looks like that "controlled" leak from a few days back, doesn't it? More on this at Verizon's press conference next week, we presume.
tempting
pimp.gif
eek.gif
WHEN!!

i heard Jan. 6...i might trade in the Fascinate for it

So, that lovely 4.3-inch LTE smartphone with Android for Verizon we've been calling the Mecha and the Droid Incredible HD? Looks like it might come to market as the Thunderbolt, so says Droid Life -- and we tend to put some weight on the rumor considering that they've just run twelve leaked shots of the thing. As you can see, this is clearly Verizon's head-on answer to the EVO 4G, featuring similar stylings and, in all likelihood, an LTE modem swapped in for the EVO's WiMAX one. Sure looks like that "controlled" leak from a few days back, doesn't it? More on this at Verizon's press conference next week, we presume.
tempting
pimp.gif
eek.gif
WHEN!!

Finally got my free g2 from tmobile. I've entry had it for about an hour, and I'm loving it! I downloaded launcher pro, but now what do I do?

Also, what do you all recommend to download that will allow me to sync my itunes tracks to the phone, or can I do it with the standard apps??

Finally got my free g2 from tmobile. I've entry had it for about an hour, and I'm loving it! I downloaded launcher pro, but now what do I do?

Also, what do you all recommend to download that will allow me to sync my itunes tracks to the phone, or can I do it with the standard apps??

HTC is about being innovative and new, etc and overall they have been rather disappointing this year. The form factor of the phones they have been putting out has been rather lacklustre. HTC usually takes the approach, ok well it works but why not make it work better...

HTC is about being innovative and new, etc and overall they have been rather disappointing this year. The form factor of the phones they have been putting out has been rather lacklustre. HTC usually takes the approach, ok well it works but why not make it work better...

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

tempting
pimp.gif
eek.gif
WHEN!!

i will do that in a HEART BEAT! can you trade in phones to verizon for credit towards a new one? ive had the fascinate for about 3 months now

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

tempting
pimp.gif
eek.gif
WHEN!!

i will do that in a HEART BEAT! can you trade in phones to verizon for credit towards a new one? ive had the fascinate for about 3 months now

Question - I am using Handcent SMS on an EVO but I can not figure out how to turn off the standard loaded messenger as now when I get a text I really get 2.

I have cleared the default and tried to set it as default but no dice. Help.

Back
Top Bottom