Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolute Android/Evo newb - slightly embarassing

What are the customization options without rooting the phone. If someone could just tell me what I can do and you dont necessarily need to break it down how to do it. But what can I do in terms of background, icons, sounds, etc.

Thanks in advance as I know this is a novice post.

What are the customization options without rooting the phone. If someone could just tell me what I can do and you dont necessarily need to break it down how to do it. But what can I do in terms of background, icons, sounds, etc.

[h4]HTC Thunderbolt with LTE for Verizon pictured ahead of CES unveiling?[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Dec 28th 2010 6:35PM

So, that lovely 4.3-inch LTE smartphone with Android for Verizon we've been calling the Mecha and the Droid Incredible HD? Looks like it might come to market as the Thunderbolt, so says Droid Life -- and we tend to put some weight on the rumor considering that they've just run twelve leaked shots of the thing. As you can see, this is clearly Verizon's head-on answer to the EVO 4G, featuring similar stylings and, in all likelihood, an LTE modem swapped in for the EVO's WiMAX one. Sure looks like that "controlled" leak from a few days back, doesn't it? More on this at Verizon's press conference next week, we presume.

So, that lovely 4.3-inch LTE smartphone with Android for Verizon we've been calling the Mecha and the Droid Incredible HD? Looks like it might come to market as the Thunderbolt, so says Droid Life -- and we tend to put some weight on the rumor considering that they've just run twelve leaked shots of the thing. As you can see, this is clearly Verizon's head-on answer to the EVO 4G, featuring similar stylings and, in all likelihood, an LTE modem swapped in for the EVO's WiMAX one. Sure looks like that "controlled" leak from a few days back, doesn't it? More on this at Verizon's press conference next week, we presume.

You ever been in your sms inbox and the names and or pics you saved for the person you've sent messages to disappear? This happens to me maybe once every 2 weeks. I'll be in a text, press back to go to the main screen that shows the list of messages and there will be just numbers, no names.

You ever been in your sms inbox and the names and or pics you saved for the person you've sent messages to disappear? This happens to me maybe once every 2 weeks. I'll be in a text, press back to go to the main screen that shows the list of messages and there will be just numbers, no names.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Never. What phone you got?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Never. What phone you got?

Guys I need help with my Evo...

I did that update that they put out earlier this morning...

I went to go check out the Swype keyboard, but I don't like it over the stock one but it won't let me change back to the stock.

Can someone help me out on how to get back the regular stock keyboard please?

I went to go check out the Swype keyboard, but I don't like it over the stock one but it won't let me change back to the stock.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

How did you change it to the swype, I can't figure it out?

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

How I did it was I went to Settings > Language & Keyboard > and then just select Swype from there I guess, but I tried to reverse it back to the stock keyboard the same way but it's not letting me.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

How I did it was I went to Settings > Language & Keyboard > and then just select Swype from there I guess, but I tried to reverse it back to the stock keyboard the same way but it's not letting me.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

anybody got the samsung captivate for att?

my bb has no sound all i can do is text im thinking about getting this over a new bb
Sold my iPhone 4 for the Cap, best phone ive ever had
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

anybody got the samsung captivate for att?

my bb has no sound all i can do is text im thinking about getting this over a new bb
Sold my iPhone 4 for the Cap, best phone ive ever had
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

tempting
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

tempting
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

The majority of the docks, icons, apps, widgets, etc. that you see in this post can be done without rooting. You can do almost anything (within reason) without being rooted. Once rooted though, you can do anything (F REASON!). Xda-developers.com is the best place to get started, IMO. Every thing you need can be found there ...

Back
Top Bottom