• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As long as iPhones are the phones of choice for luxury and young consumers, they will always be top dog. Female demographic alone will keep the iPhone on top

So for this iMessage thing, my macbook would need to be on at all times right? I would be better off buying an iPhone 4 or something in that case.

No, just an iOS7/Maverick capable device. You could also run something like this on a virtual machine, wouldn't necessarily have to be a macbook.

But still a computer that has to stay on all the time right?

the numbers are really skewed tho, "ios has 43.6% market share in the US", OK but that's literally 1 company compared to Android which has better numbers but it's spread out between who knows how many companies

that right there is enough to keep it going. blackberry died cause better smartphones were available, there are already smartphones better than iphones but they're doing alright.

you can buy Android devices for so cheap, not surprising they do way better worldwide. I'm sure a lot of people worldwide still buying iphones tho.

the numbers are really skewed tho, "ios has 43.6% market share in the US", OK but that's literally 1 company compared to Android which has better numbers but it's spread out between who knows how many companies

that right there is enough to keep it going. blackberry died cause better smartphones were available, there are already smartphones better than iphones but they're doing alright.

you can buy Android devices for so cheap, not surprising they do way better worldwide. I'm sure a lot of people worldwide still buying iphones tho.
Samsung is at 28% on their own. Nothing to sneeze at. As far as girls being the driving demographic, they can be fickle creatures. I remember when the sidekick and the blackberry pearl were the go-to for girls. I really believe that if jobs was alive today, there would have been something that we can't see that's right in front of our faces, that he would popularize. And keep apple on top.

Samsung is at 28% on their own. Nothing to sneeze at. As far as girls being the driving demographic, they can be fickle creatures. I remember when the sidekick and the blackberry pearl were the go-to for girls. I really believe that if jobs was alive today, there would have been something that we can't see that's right in front of our faces, that he would popularize. And keep apple on top.

Without a doubt. Luckily for Samsung they don't have to worry about that...for now. Some company will figure it out though sooner or later

um, imessage isn't going anywhere.

bbm died because blackberry died, iPhone isn't dying so imessage never will.

As long as iPhones are the phones of choice for luxury and young consumers, they will always be top dog. Female demographic alone will keep the iPhone on top

Some of you seem to miss the point he was making.

This world is bigger than America. Take off your red, white and blue colored glasses.

There's countries with a billion people. They primarily use Android, and Apple has been unable to tap in to that market no matter much they've tried to lower their phone prices.

Nothing is number one forever.

I'm sorry y'all but I still to this day don't understand why you guys are on Android but not on Nexus devices.

I don't know man there is just something about phones with skinned versions of Android + time that just don't mix. It is the same thing every time. Every year. Cheese after cheese.

It ain't even debatable to me.

It should be game set match when it comes to whatever google releases.

Samsung and LG got sick cameras on their phones, I don't remember a Nexus that had a camera on par with those phones
My N6 photos have been comparable (and sometimes better) than the iphone 6s.

The camera still has plenty of faults but 95% of the time it does the job.

I wouldn't choose another phone just for the camera unless it could deliver SLR-quality pictures...

So I'll stick with Nexus for now.

edit: wireless charging is great. even without fast charging, it's so much more convenient, especially when you want to pick up your phone frequently while it's charging.

Last edited:
After seeing all the things about the Pixel, sign me up for the One Plus 4 provided it doesn't end up getting a price hike.

Wireless charger is convenient. It doesn't charge as fast as the standard one of course, but it's cool to just set it down and that's it. I keep it in the front and typically just use it when I know i won't be on my device for a while, like when I'm watching a show or if i have company over.

Only thing i miss using daily on my G3 since updating to G5
Was handy

Is it normal to loose 30 percent of battery by listening to music for 2 hours and light internet surfing??? I own a note 5 thanks guys

Some of you seem to miss the point he was making.

This world is bigger than America. Take off your red, white and blue colored glasses.

There's countries with a billion people. They primarily use Android, and Apple has been unable to tap in to that market no matter much they've tried to lower their phone prices.

Nothing is number one forever.

nah, I see what he was talking about, I just don't agree that iPhone will ever go the way of blackberry.

like you said not everyone can afford an iPhone.

nah, I see what he was talking about, I just don't agree that iPhone will ever go the way of blackberry.

like you said not everyone can afford an iPhone.

So you think a phone will be profitable when it's market is limited to 300 million versus 7 billion?

Without a doubt. Luckily for Samsung they don't have to worry about that...for now. Some company will figure it out though sooner or later

that company is Xiaomi

I don't think anyone can tell that Apple is losing market share. I'm seeing more iPhones than ever now.

I don't think anyone can tell that Apple is losing market share. I'm seeing more iPhones than ever now.
With more and more Andriod phones poppin' up everywhere else tho. I actually see the same amount of iphones just the newer versions. More often than not more people are keeping their old phones and not upgrading also

it's happening right now isn't it?
Yeah, it's happening right now. Apple is losing global market share.

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-market-share-by-country-2016-1
you asked if it was profitable and I told you it's happening right now. you know that iphone sales have gone up every year right?

market share is being affected by people who are probably buying phones for the first time, maybe because it wasn't a luxury they could afford and android phones are more affordable.

interesting in the link you posted shows that market shares for iphones in China increased, a place that has the most people in the world. smartly enough Google is going after the coounty with the second largest population.

iPhone will be fine, Apple is a consumer hardware company and generates most of their revenue from hardware sales. Sure, they can flood the markets with cheaper phones and expand their iOS user base but they'd lose the ability to charge premium prices on their hardware which is their biggest revenue driver. Tim Cook may not be a visionary on the tech front but dude is a cold blooded numbers guy and margins are most important to him. We all know Apple does not bleed money and they're hoarding cash lol. In the US, the iPhone is just a smartphone but Apple products around the world carry that luxury label. We can tell Apple is still unsure on how to approach emerging economies without devaluing their brand.

Google doesn't have this issue because they're a software and services company. They don't give a **** about premium hardware because they don't make any money off it. I think the only hardware they actually give a damn about are their servers which they actually do build. All Google cares about is that people are using their software and services, fragmented Android user base and crap messaging be damned because folks gonna blame the hardware manufacturer if their user experience sucks. Google does not get affected one bit by hardware manufacturers canibilizing each other for market share.

Apple not worried about Google. If anyone is worried about their market share, it's Samsung and others like LG and HTC. Those Chinese companies are not messing around, it's a race to the bottom for them. Samsung stuck chasing Apple for hardware revenue while simultaneously fighting off Huawei, Xiaomi and now Lenovo with Motorola because they're offering similar user experiences at basement level prices.

Although if google doesn't give a damn about premium hardware then what's the point of the pixel?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom