• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok so ive been on the note 7 for a few days now, coming from several years of iOS and i cant figure out whats going on with my group messages with iphone users.
i just dont get their responses to come through... tried textra as well.

for example i was on a group with my wife and sister, sister sent the initial message, wife got it but i didnt. so i made a group on my phone with both of them on it, sent a message and it went through but i didnt get any responses, while they were messaging back and forth.

any help?

ok so ive been on the note 7 for a few days now, coming from several years of iOS and i cant figure out whats going on with my group messages with iphone users.

for example i was on a group with my wife and sister, sister sent the initial message, wife got it but i didnt. so i made a group on my phone with both of them on it, sent a message and it went through but i didnt get any responses, while they were messaging back and forth.

any help?

Try Textra.

any help?
Try Textra.
you have to deregister your number from imessage

any help?

Try Textra.
you have to deregister your number from imessage
This. Their phones probably still recognize your phone number as an iMessage account, so their phones are creating iMessage group threads.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203042

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Welcome to Android though, where you'll quickly notice that your group messages suck regardless of what SMS app you use.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys
but yeah I tried textra and that didn't work initially
I deregistered too but unfortunately that didn't do it either, w messages and also w textra
Looks like my messages go through but I don't receive any
Pretty frustrating

Last edited:
So what's the feature?

Crystal clear pictures, gifs, and videos.

Typing notification

The fact that it relies solely on an internet connection rather sms/mms makes it far superior

Seamless conversation between iPod, iPads, MacBooks, and iPhones.

It being enabled by default and a lot of people don't even know what it is.

yo i wish android could do this. pushbullet is clumsy to me. and frankly i don't want to depend on it. its ridiculous i have to use some other means to use my computer as an extension of my phone. and it makes for a less user-friendly experience compared to iphone..im obviously not a apple stan, but i can recognize user friendly when i see it, and having to download another app on the computer AND phone to do what iphone does out the box is absurd.

google voice, hangouts, etc. depending on what ur needs are they may serve a good purpose, but i want to be able to dive into my texts directly, and i want to be able to make and receive calls on my laptop which, like all laptops these days, is mic'd up already. this should be old news for android especially with wifi calling enabled phones.

its 2016 now, there shouldn't be this disconnect between communication of people with different platforms. trash hangouts and messenger and make something that does it all.

same goes for xbox and ps4...enough with that same console only play nonsense.

Thanks for the advice guys
but yeah I tried textra and that didn't work initially
I deregistered too but unfortunately that didn't do it either, w messages and also w textra
Looks like my messages go through but I don't receive any
Pretty frustrating
Not to concerned with my phone expoding and not excited about having to set up a brand new phone after I just got this one about 90% set. But today my phone started a lil restart loop for about an hour up til I got a chance to shut if off for a bit and now it's back to normal. 

Honestly I'm so satisfied with this phone I don't even know what kind of replacement I would want. Don't really care for Apple after the 5 and just completely prefer Android. At this point I don't care about the best phone, fastest phone, none of that
nah, I've had so many android phones..... That's unacceptable. Without rooting it, no new phone should ever go through nah, what nick is saying is that your friends are sending the group message to your imessage account. Tell them to reply to the other color (blue or green, I forget which is which)

Why hasn't MMS technology advanced to where you can send 5mb+ messages yet?

I should be able to send a song by now

Got my g5 back free screen replaced already
Whilst I'm still waiting for my cover and tempered edged glass screen cover off eBay I order way before I sent my screen to be replaced.
Man its nice to be back on android. I just need 7.0 now

So you are 3 times more likely to get struck lightning than to have a Note 7 that catches fire.

I'm swapping just cause I got some scratches. :lol:

So you are 3 times more likely to get struck lightning than to have a Note 7 that catches fire.

I'm swapping just cause I got some scratches. :lol:

When Google was doing the RMA with Nexus 5's, I swapped a perfectly working one because it had scratches on the back.

Insane how an $80 Amazon ad subsidized moto g4 play can work on all four carrier networks but these flagship devices still require you to get a new phone if you switch carriers :x :smh:

any help?

I had problems with my group messages before and had to go into the settings in the messaging app to enable it.

No go on a group messaging fix guys.. Tried all your recs except I can't change the APN Settings because they're grayed out on my phone for sprint.
I got a few more days to return the phone but hopefully I can figure it out by then

No go on a group messaging fix guys.. Tried all your recs except I can't change the APN Settings because they're grayed out on my phone for sprint.
I got a few more days to return the phone but hopefully I can figure it out by then
did you check this box?

Back
Top Bottom