• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah yeah explain to me why with the iPhones superior flash storage option it's still not "quicker or faster" than its high end Android counterparts. If iOS's animations are slowing it down and that's the culprit so be it because it's not "faster" like a lot proclaim it to be. Don't understand with its monster A9 chipset and low res display why it still struggles to play YouTube videos in the browser and forces u to go fullscreen while still stuttering to play even on strong wifi networks. My issue is that people aren't fair with their opinions on these said products. The iPhone excels in a few areas compared to flagship Android phones but speed is not one of them.

IOS is closed source, so no one outside of Apple engineers or someone with the ability to reverse engineer their code and hardware can give you a definite answer. What I can tell you is that all modern instances of iOS are based on the same framework, Cocoa Touch. The framework behind the scenes on an iPhone SE is identical to the framework on an iPhone 6+, so the limitations of that framework are shared amongst the family of devices. Thanks to Android being open source, it doesn't really have that problem.

My view on messaging is, it isn't Android/googles fault. It's more the cellphone provider companies, and the users still relying on SMS. It's an old technology that just cannot handle the type of messages modern day texting requires. Until providers upgrade from that, to RCS or something it probably won't change. On the otherhand, compared to other countries, US folks don't want to use whatsapp, line, etc. I travel internationally a lot so I use whatsapp and everyone else all over does too. But for some reason those messaging apps aren't pushed hard out here. It's 2017, it's simple enough to install an app.

I have 10GB 4G so I will live. I never opted to jump up to truly unlimited. I don't use enough and with data stash I'll be set.

If I'm trying to watch an HD video I'll do it on my laptop on wifi anyway. Non-issue for me. I'm cool with YouTube clips and videos on Twitter in SD.

Anyone know why on earth the Yahoo Weather app is using over 5gb of storage on my phone?

So you can't watch any videos at 720p or above? I'm good

like cats are not walking around with 5.5" quad HD AMOLED screens just to watch SD vids.....

Glad i still got my unlimited

Same here. Don't think I'll leave unless they force me out of the plan.

Im still on unlimited data with Sprint. Went to the store to try to order the phone and they told me the following.

1. They no longer do upgrades with 2 year extended contract with Partial payment of the phone.

2. My plan is old and they wanted to me to upgrade. The guy coulldnt get me a cheaper plan. All plans he was offering were more expensive and less data.

He also claims that with these unlimited data plans, as soon as you hit 25gb a month, they drop you down to 2g to slow you down.

ANY TRUTH TO ALL OF THIS?

Im still on unlimited data with Sprint. Went to the store to try to order the phone and they told me the following.

1. They no longer do upgrades with 2 year extended contract with Partial payment of the phone.

2. My plan is old and they wanted to me to upgrade. The guy coulldnt get me a cheaper plan. All plans he was offering were more expensive and less data.

He also claims that with these unlimited data plans, as soon as you hit 25gb a month, they drop you down to 2g to slow you down.

ANY TRUTH TO ALL OF THIS?

Where you been lol? This isnt new

Im on unlimited with AT&T .. no one does 2 year agreements anymore you either buy it outright or you do the payment plan.

As for slowing does your data that used to be a thing but a law was passed or something like last year or so that says they cant slow you down anymore. At least for AT&T idk bout Sprint tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom