• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know whats nicer? Not having to use an adapter to use headphones you already are accustom to or having to buy bluetooth headphones. Or having a battery that can last longer than a couple hours.

idk if the majority Want a super thin phone. Look at that moto z has a 2500 mah battery. That's freaking terrible. Just make it thicker and put a good battery in that ***

What's the point of super thin? Easier to break and super fragile

Htc camera sucks and this is coming from someone who has only owned htc phones until this year I finally switched to the s7. The quality is so much better on the galaxy I can't believe I didn't make the switch sooner

I had this for work and the S3 for personal...

The one X was by far my preference.

Guess the camera has fell off since then.

This is one of the many articles. I'm not banking on it, but I must say when there's smoke there's fire. A lot of major tech sites have been reporting it. I guess we'll find out this week

Apple to bring iMessage to Android at WWDC: report
Eli Blumenthal, USA TODAY 2:53 p.m. EDT June 10, 2016
AP_Apple_Event
(Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez, AP)
Apple's iMessage may finally expand to Android.

Citing an anonymous source that is said to be familiar with Apple's plans, MacDailyNews said Apple will "definitely" be bringing iMessage to Android this year, possibly announcing it as soon as next week at the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference.

The news follows a report from 9to5Mac earlier this year, where CEO Tim Cook discussed porting additional services to Android. While iMessage was not named by Cook, it would be a logical next service to be released across multiple platforms.

According to data released by the Pew Research Center in August, 36% of smartphone owners reported using messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Kik or iMessage on their smartphones. The percentage of users using messaging apps climbs to 49% when looking at the coveted millennial demographic of smartphone owners, which for Pew's study, were bracketed between 18 and 29. This type of popularity has lead to apps such as WhatsApp being acquired by Facebook for $19 billion in 2014 and Snapchat reportedly valued at $20 billion last month.

IMessage wouldn't be the first app Apple has brought to Android, having released the "Move to iOS" transfer tool and Apple Music apps last year. Making iMessage available on multiple platforms would also increase the company's position in the growing messaging apps battle. Nearly all rival messaging services, including Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Kik, Skype and Google Hangout, run on multiple platforms. Last month Google announced two new messaging apps, Allo for text and Duo for video, and said both would be available on Android and iOS this summer.

Bringing iMessage to Android would also allow Apple to offer secure, encrypted chats to more users. The company famously clashed with the United States government earlier this year over privacy, and iMessage on Android would allow Apple to secure chats even when not between iOS users.

IMessage is one of the few messaging apps with end-to-end encryption, which involves using a code to lock the data once the user sends it, while in transit, and up to the point when it's unlocked by the recipient. Apple's FaceTime also has end-to-end encryption, and in wake of Apple's fight, Facebook-owned WhatsApp announced it was adding the same feature to its apps. But many popular messaging apps only encrypt in transit.

Guys my G3 is doing something really weird. When I put the battery in and start it up it'll get to the home screen then shut down. I can't start it back up again unless I take the battery out and and put it back in. Once I do that it repeats the process. It's never done this before, anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?

This is one of the many articles. I'm not banking on it, but I must say when there's smoke there's fire. A lot of major tech sites have been reporting it. I guess we'll find out this week
Apple to bring iMessage to Android at WWDC: report
Eli Blumenthal, USA TODAY 2:53 p.m. EDT June 10, 2016
AP_Apple_Event
(Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez, AP)
Apple's iMessage may finally expand to Android.

Citing an anonymous source that is said to be familiar with Apple's plans, MacDailyNews said Apple will "definitely" be bringing iMessage to Android this year, possibly announcing it as soon as next week at the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference.

The news follows a report from 9to5Mac earlier this year, where CEO Tim Cook discussed porting additional services to Android. While iMessage was not named by Cook, it would be a logical next service to be released across multiple platforms.

According to data released by the Pew Research Center in August, 36% of smartphone owners reported using messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Kik or iMessage on their smartphones. The percentage of users using messaging apps climbs to 49% when looking at the coveted millennial demographic of smartphone owners, which for Pew's study, were bracketed between 18 and 29. This type of popularity has lead to apps such as WhatsApp being acquired by Facebook for $19 billion in 2014 and Snapchat reportedly valued at $20 billion last month.

IMessage wouldn't be the first app Apple has brought to Android, having released the "Move to iOS" transfer tool and Apple Music apps last year. Making iMessage available on multiple platforms would also increase the company's position in the growing messaging apps battle. Nearly all rival messaging services, including Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Kik, Skype and Google Hangout, run on multiple platforms. Last month Google announced two new messaging apps, Allo for text and Duo for video, and said both would be available on Android and iOS this summer.

Bringing iMessage to Android would also allow Apple to offer secure, encrypted chats to more users. The company famously clashed with the United States government earlier this year over privacy, and iMessage on Android would allow Apple to secure chats even when not between iOS users.

IMessage is one of the few messaging apps with end-to-end encryption, which involves using a code to lock the data once the user sends it, while in transit, and up to the point when it's unlocked by the recipient. Apple's FaceTime also has end-to-end encryption, and in wake of Apple's fight, Facebook-owned WhatsApp announced it was adding the same feature to its apps. But many popular messaging apps only encrypt in transit.
This happens, i'm going STRAIGHT back to android.  Note 6(7) HERE I COME

Yup, came here to say that... iMessage is the new BBM basically

They'll implement it when its to late and Google has the text messaging figured out... Might take few more years but we'll get it eventually

Anybody in here have a Blue phone? preferably the Vivo XL or the One Life X? I need reviews por favor

The only reason I think they'd do it is so that iOS user's messages could be encrypted on both ends.  More of a middle finger to the FBI basically

Back
Top Bottom