• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I legit don't see how people aren't flocking to the g5 with the battery promo. There's nothing an s7 can do that replaces the convenience of not having to charge my phone.

I legit don't see how people aren't flocking to the g5 with the battery promo. There's nothing an s7 can do that replaces the convenience of not having to charge my phone.

I like the idea of a modular phone, but it sounds like LG botched it with the G5. Plus they're not even offering the B&O DAC in the US which would be the only attachment I'd get if I'd gotten the G5.

If I had to go with an LG, I don't see a reason to go with the G5 over the V10. Hopefully LG will have the G series of phones be the experimental line & the V series the more refined version of the G that gets release in the latter half of the year.

Last edited:

I like the idea of a modular phone, but it sounds like LG botched it with the G5. Plus they're not even offering the B&O DAC in the US which would be the only attachment I'd get if I'd gotten the G5.

WHAT?! This is why people aren't flocking to the G5, lol. The v10 has a fully integrated DAC and just about all the features that the G5 has, plus a few more due to its size. The v10 is the better phone in my opinion, even with the 808.

The G5 just has way too much going on. A new UI design that mimics some aspects of iOS (do not want,) a cool modular idea that leaves much to be desired, the whole unpatented metal fiasco, smaller screen size... Just meh.

Haven't really looked into the G5 but I definitely will before coming to a decision.

Honestly, unless you're on AT&T, you should just go with the V10 man. It continues to be one of the best phones I've ever used.

Moto x Pure for me has been phenomenal. Better than any of the G serie and M series phone I have owned.

The charging is super fast as well and for the most part I can go with a full charge for an entire day.

HTC needs to at least jump to a 5.5" screen, other than that, it looks great. Too bad the S7/Edge has the masses on lock right now. They also probably won't offer any promo like Samsung and LG have offered and no Netflix doesn't count :lol:

If this is what we can expect from them w/ the next few Nexus devices, I aint eem mad

http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/12/h...ay-12-ultrapixel-camera-with-laser-autofocus/

Here are the HTC 10’s specs:

• Display: 5.2-inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels), super LCD 5
  • CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
  • Platform: Android 6.0 with HTC Sense
  • Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB storage expandable up to 2TB via microSD
  • Rear Camera: 12MP (HTC UltraPixel 2), laser autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture, Pro mode, Auto-HDR, Zoe Capture, hyperlapse, 12X Slow motion mode, 4K video recording with Hi-Res Audio
  • Front Camera: 5MP (1.34MICROm pixels), autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture with ultra wide-angle lens, Live Makeup, Auto-HDR
  • Sound: HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition, Dolby Audio, Personal Audio Profile, Hi-Res Audio Certified, Hi-Res Audio Earphones, Three microphones with noise cancellation, Hi-Res Audio Stereo Recording
  • Connection: USB Type-C
  • SIM card: Nano SIM
  • Connectivity: NFC, BT 4.2, Wi-Fi@: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
  • Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Sensor Hub
  • Battery: 3000 mAh

Though the HTC 10 will be available across multiple carriers, including T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon, HTC will also offer the device unlocked through HTC.com. It can be preordered today for $700, though it won’t ship until early May.

Is this real life?

V10 strong points:
Second screen (which I find very convenient and handy)
Manual video (which I rarely use)
Built in hi-fi audio
Larger screen

G5
Slightly better camera (front is 8mp)
slightly faster processor
Cool slide out battery (it's not easier, or faster to remove, just cool)
Modular attachments
Current battery promo, and if you're with tmobile, you get a free 360 cam (today is the deadline)

I have both. I like the size of the g5 better and the interface feels smoother. As I posted earlier, there's an easy fix to getting the usual Android launcher.

**** that, I"m not paying that price for the m10

I do think it is a cool phone though, and I would consider it over the s7 but for that price, I feel like the s7 still has a more attractive package

HTC/the carriers better do a BOGO or include a free Vive, cause I don't really see a reason to go with the 10 over an S7.

HTC/the carriers better do a BOGO or include a free Vive, cause I don't really see a reason to go with the 10 over an S7.

This will determine if they do numbers or not. Samsung and LG had offers, now if HTC doesn't compete w/ that, aside from the phone being overpriced for their position in the market, they won't move unites and it'll be another failed release.

The same goes for computational horsepower. Powering the HTC 10 is an expectedly high-end assortment of smartphone components. It's running Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 820 processor, along with a roomy 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD slot. (A scant few regions may get lucky and see a 64GB option.) Unlike some high-end rivals, HTC's new flagship includes support for Android 6.0's  Adoptive Storage feature, which lets you directly top-up the internal space using an SD card, as opposed to keeping it as a separate removable bucket of storage.
HTC's secret sauce — low-level performance tuning — promises to make its new flagship faster than rivals where it really matters.
As we've seen in phones like the LG G5  and Samsung Galaxy S7, Qualcomm's new chip packs more than enough power for a smooth Android experience. HTC's own low-level performance tuning aims to go beyond this impressive baseline performance level, however. The manufacturer's own tweaks make the HTC 10 faster than rivals at app launches and task-switching, it's claimed, while giving it an iPhone-beating score for touch response.

There's no doubt that the HTC 10 feels  fast — responsiveness has long been a hallmark feature of HTC's phones — but then all  phones are pretty fast these days. It's going to take more long-term use to see whether precious milliseconds shaved off here and there add up to a tangibly quicker experience.

Even then, the real test will come after a month or two of use, with a whole bunch of apps installed and background services chomping at the bit.

htc-10-sense-boost-jsidkghrorhjiej.jpg

For this, HTC claims to have another trick up its sleeve to counter the junk that can accumulate in smartphones over time. The new Boost+ application — HTC's own app, not a skinned version of someone else's utility — includes features for clearing out unneeded data from internal storage and RAM. There also are features for managing the battery cost of gaming on your phone, not unlike Samsung's Game Launcher on the Galaxy S7. And the new App Lock capability can lock away sensitive apps behind a passcode or fingerprint authentication. Most interestingly, the app also can monitor background tasks and highlight "unusual" activity from apps that might be using too much juice.

Sure, some of these functions — particularly those relating to memory management — probably should be handled by the OS itself and not a standalone app. Nevertheless, it's there, and the company's even releasing Boost+ in the Google Play Store for other Android phones to give owners of rival devices' a taste of what's waiting for them on the HTC 10. Whether the app will actually catch on with users remains to be seen.

Apps aside, the HTC 10's hardware tuning also extends to battery longevity, where the manufacturer says its "PowerBotics" tweaks — combining hardware and software to boost overall efficiency — can help eke up to two days of use from the fixed 3,000mAh battery. Cringeworthy name aside, PowerBotics' quoted 30 percent improvement in efficiency is a big deal, should it turn out to be accurate.
HTC 10 brings a new, smarter QuickCharge 3.0 charger, USB Type-C and USB 3.1 out of the box.
If it does run out of juice, however, the phone supports Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 through its USB Type-C port, with the promise of up to a 50 percent charge in 30 minutes. Unlike some USB-C phones, that connector is fully enabled for the latest USB 3.1 standard, meaning faster file transfers should be supported between the HTC 10 and a compatible PC or Mac.

In fact, the bundled Rapid Charger also includes some proprietary HTC charging technology designed to keep the phone and charger cool, along with built-in surge protection. HTC achieves the former by integrating power management circuitry into the charging brick itself, ensuring the power doesn't step up or down too quickly. In essence, it's a smart charger for your smartphone.

That's a huge focus on optimization and efficiency — something HTC will be hoping can differentiate the 10 despite the increasing homogeneity of smartphone hardware. If everyone has more or less equally capable hardware, HTC's going to push the message that it'ssqueezing more performance — more power, more battery life — out of it.

[h4]SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE[/h4][h2]HTC Sense with more Google[/h2]
The other big differentiator for HTC is software. The firm has long revamped its Sense user interface every 12 months or so, and this year there've been some significant changes. The short version is this: HTC is working a lot  more closely with Google, and the HTC 10's new version of Sense is the most minimalist and uncluttered to date.

It's a continuation of the re-tooled, Googlified version of Sense 7 we saw last year on the One A9. Only this time, the Sense of 2016 feels like it was designed from the ground up with the Google stuff in mind, as opposed to layering it on top of an existing HTC UI.
Google and HTC are working more closely than ever before. The result is a pared back Sense with fewer duplicative apps — and a whole lot of Google.
Visually, Sense is as close to vanilla Android as it's ever been, with UI elements like the notification pulldown brought over wholesale, and HTC's own apps adopting more of a Material-like  look and feel.

"We want to [apply] Material Design throughout our system," marketing head Darren Sng told us.

sense-8-screenshots.jpg

The partnership with Google also has cut down some of the duplicative apps found on most other Android phones. Many HTC apps, like the BlinkFeed launcher, HTC dialer, messages, clock and weather remain. However elsewhere there's a whole lot of Google going on: Google Calendar replaces the HTC calendar app, Google Photos replaces HTC Gallery and Google Play Music takes over music playback duties.

Of the very small number of preloaded apps, it's about a 50/50 split between HTC and Google. The major exceptions are News Republic — part of BlinkFeed — as well as Facebook, Instagram and Facebook Messenger. HTC tells us it's moving away from agreements with app providers for preloaded content, so if you're buying an HTC 10 unlocked directly from the manufacturer, you won't have any bloatware to worry about. (Unless your definition of bloatware includes Facebook, of course.)

As for what happens to the HTC 10 once the U.S. carriers get hold of it, well, that's anyone's guess.
http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-10s-features-get-showcased-official-videos

Last edited:
Att not going to carry the htc 10. The phone seems pretty good so far so the nexus phones should be lit.

Last edited:
As long as the monthly price is comparable to the S7, I can see it sell good. Only a small part of the this country's population buys phones outright.

I was going to hold off on the HTC10 because I've fallen in love with the V10's audio (da DAC is legit.)

But HTC also put a high quality DAC in the 10... Definitely gonna use a jump to grab it when its available for T-Mobile. Glad I held off on the Priv.

Last edited:
I was going to hold off on the HTC10 because I've fallen in love with the V10's audio (da DAC is legit.)

But HTC also put a high quality DAC in the 10... Definitely gonna use a jump to grab it when its available for T-Mobile. Glad I held off on the Priv.

You try out the official mm update on the v10 yet?

The audio quality is one reason I am considering the 10 as well, I like my s6's audio but I don't think it will compare to the 10 with flac and some good headphones. That is one area iPhones always get right. If it was more like $500 I would buy one with no hesitation, but at that price it is very hard to justify spending that much on a product from a company which has just not been very competitive over the last couple of years.

The audio quality is one reason I am considering the 10 as well, I like my s6's audio but I don't think it will compare to the 10 with flac and some good headphones. That is one area iPhones always get right. If it was more like $500 I would buy one with no hesitation, but at that price it is very hard to justify spending that much on a product from a company which has just not been very competitive over the last couple of years.
how is the headphone output on the S7?

Just wait a lil while, there'll definitely be some deals to grab it for cheaper

Back
Top Bottom