• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It should be better, but it is far from bad. The s6 has a Wolfson dac which is one of the highest quality mobile dacs you can buy (allegedly), and it sounds pretty decent to my ears. I am far from a huge audiophile, but I have a relatively large FLAC collection and they sound pretty good on the s6.

The s7 on the other hand is a downgrade from the s6, at least in terms of the US version; the US version uses the built in Qualcomm dac which is supposed to be inferior to the european s7's Wolfson, and I believe the s6's dac as well.

Last edited:
I was going to hold off on the HTC10 because I've fallen in love with the V10's audio (da DAC is legit.)

But HTC also put a high quality DAC in the 10... Definitely gonna use a jump to grab it when its available for T-Mobile. Glad I held off on the Priv.

You try out the official mm update on the v10 yet?

Yep. Its not a huge change visually, but things are definitely improved over 5.1.1. The only issue is that the official update relocks the bootloader, and it seems LG decided to disable some pretty major Fastboot commands needed for replacing stock .img files, so I'm stuck until the XDA Wizards save me. :frown:

It's not a major concern for me since I'll be upgrading to the HTC 10 anyways. :smh: @ myself

Last edited:
I have love for HTC, since it was my first Android phone. It's a shame it took them so long to finally do it right. They lost so much ground to Samsung and LG and turned off so many people. I don't know if they can get back to the Evo and G1 days.

the htc 10 looks like a good phone specs wise but cant really judge it until the final review is out and see some sample pics..i would of copped if i didnt already cop the s7 and i like the s7 better because of it being waterproof...maybe i should of waited but the m9 was so underwhelming i had to jump ship :lol:

I have love for HTC, since it was my first Android phone. It's a shame it took them so long to finally do it right. They lost so much ground to Samsung and LG and turned off so many people. I don't know if they can get back to the Evo and G1 days.
Agree 100x. They had a chance to minimize bezel and put in a better camera on the M8 and the M9, that's two years of customers ditching them along with more competition emerging to secure more customers(Moto G/X, LG Nexus 5, Hauwei, Xiaomi, One Plus, Oppo, BLU) in low, mid, and high-tier categories.

Damn that M10 looks beautiful. OS looks good. Miss the front facing speakers tho :frown:

I loved my M7.

It’ll ship in early May with Uh-Oh Protection, which will get you a free replacement unit if you crack your screen within your first 12 months of ownership, as well as a warranty that covers bootloader unlocking.
:pimp:

Last edited:
In terms of Specs, the HTC 10, LG G5 and S7 Edge all destroy the Nexus 6P. But, yes there is a but, if you throw in the fact that those 3 phones use TouchWiz, UX and Sense and add that they throw all this bloatware nonsense, the Nexus 6p is still the champ of Android phones. The 6P has been out 6 months already. This VR nonsense is cool and all but Pure Google is the truth and is a phone that will last it's lifetime until the next Nexus releases. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
In terms of Specs, the HTC 10, LG G5 and S7 Edge all destroy the Nexus 6P. But, yes there is a but, if you throw in the fact that those 3 phones use TouchWiz, UX and Sense and add that they throw all this bloatware nonsense, the Nexus 6p is still the champ of Android phones. The 6P has been out 6 months already. This VR nonsense is cool and all but Pure Google is the truth and is a phone that will last it's lifetime until the next Nexus releases. Sorry for the rant.

This is key, and the fact that the Nexus 6P still rivals all 3 says something about the device. You can have a Nexus and it still hold it's spark longer than bloatware and skin-laden phones; AND it's a couple hundred cheaper.

I'm still using the Nexus 5, and aside from copping the 16gb (Tmo didn't offer the 32gb(used EIP #brokeboy)) I have no issues w/ it. The battery is still going strong, durable, etc.

Now, we'll have to see what HTC and Google cook up this year w/ the new Nexus but I expect it to probably be a HTC10 w/o Sense.

I know my Moto X has a weak battery, but it's hard to get a good read on it when my reception at home and work is so dog ****.

Cell standby is the highest battery drain on my phone everyday. It makes me want to upgrade simply because my idle battery drain is so high because of poor signal.

Battery life is probably the biggest reason I want to upgrade, even though I really don't need to.

i use nova launcher prime on my s7 so touchwiz doesnt bother me at all... i actually like that i can use touchwiz options when using nova launcher like the multitask and pop up window is a nice feature

i use nova launcher prime on my s7 so touchwiz doesnt bother me at all... i actually like that i can use touchwiz options when using nova launcher like the multitask and pop up window is a nice feature

Yup. No complaints with TW from me since I use Nova & a material theme. TW actually has a lot of useful features.

Nexus 5 still going strong here too
smokin.gif
I don't know how y'all do it
laugh.gif

I kind of miss mine though
Marshmallow gave it new life. It was like my phone took a trip to Germany 
smokin.gif

Lg g5 already selling for under $500. The way these devices are plummeting nowadays is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom