• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you're budget is in the $400 range? Set on a Samsung for sure? There are other options.
Trust in Samsung alot but that's becuz I think it runs Android the best but I'm open to stuff
Truthfully I went to $400 becuz I got credit at Amazon everywhere else I'm stayin under $300

Well I think I jinxed myself on the LG G4.....
Just got the boot loop problem, phone won't even power on. Since I purchased it through them directly through a work discount program I have to send it in for repair :smh:
Back to the Note 4 it is for the time being.

Sure, you can look at the bloatware as just a harmless nuisance....

But really it's an insult and makes the phone automatic clown category. With the way plans are now, you're essentially paying full price, so why do you have to put up with bloatware and advertisements that are not on iphones?

This is one big reason why I cannot and will not recommend Android phones (excluding Nexus, of course) to any friends or family.

Can you delete Newstand or Game Center yet? No, then *****

This is true :lol:

I'm having the most ridiculous problem with my s7e smh. How do I get it to only show my contacts with phone numbers?

Well I think I jinxed myself on the LG G4.....
Just got the boot loop problem, phone won't even power on. Since I purchased it through them directly through a work discount program I have to send it in for repair :smh:
Back to the Note 4 it is for the time being.

Glad I didn't buy a G4 when everyone was flipping theirs from the vzw promo. I see some for $280 brand new :smh:

Funny how there's not been much coverage from tech sites/reviewers aside from a few articles. All of the info I've seen were from forums.

Last edited:
Glad I didn't buy a G4 when everyone was flipping theirs from the vzw promo. I see some for $280 brand new :smh:

Funny how there's not been much coverage from tech sites/reviewers aside from a few articles. All of the info I've seen were from forums.

G4 is no good. Most carries are practically giving them away now Bootloop issues, touchscreen issues, Bluetooth issues. Quite sick of this phone.

Glad I didn't buy a G4 when everyone was flipping theirs from the vzw promo. I see some for $280 brand new
mean.gif

G4 is no good. Most carries are practically giving them away now Bootloop issues, touchscreen issues, Bluetooth issues. Quite sick of this phone.
LG gonna LG.

IPhone Web browsing experience is so much more sluggish and less intuitive than its android counterparts. The fact that I can't play a video or look at a ig video or vine in the browser without it automatically popping out and taking over the whole display is a super annoyance. They are almost always choppy as hell and can't ever be played over data without the quality being 240p. My s6 edge plays video flawlessly on the same network

Last edited:
I had issues with my verizon G4, the touchscreen sensitivity in the corners was non-existent, however I haven't had any issues with the V10. It seems like LG finally got it right with this one. It doesn't even feel like any other LG phone. I'm sure the G5 will follow suit.

What does an iPhone do so much better that would make it a better than a high-end android? I'm pretty sure you could survive just fine with a S7 Edge or 6p as a business phone

i dont about iPhone being better than android but i will admit as much..

1. in my opinion the iPhone has a more straightforward user experience that really works well with the least tech savvy people. elderly people is a perfect example. just the organization of menus and straightforward access to options presents itself much easier to the general population than high end android phones. case in point, this is problem with android skins like touchwiz. honestly, a skin could work in favor of the user experience, but thus far they've made it worse, especially when pure android has moved to make it (it being GUI) more intuitive. touchwiz for years added features and gimmicks and pack it into a complicated skin, with little organization.

this type of avg or computer dumb consumer exists big time, and verizon is all over it. thats why they still push vow messenger, vz navigator and other type of big red nonsense they try to get dumbass consumers to sign up for. navigator being the most flagrant example. android has google maps built in, and with waze on the market, why tf would anyone use big red's crap? savage move.

overtime this problem will shrink from the consumer standpoint as the population becomes more tech savvy, at a younger and younger age. from the manufacturer standpoint, google needs to reign in these companies and their bs skins and useless feature additions make their own phone straight up lol.

to android's defense, from pure google's standpoint, they have added more features that give the user more autonomy over the function of the phone (including multitasking) where apple has probably opted to keep it internal and keep a lot of functions autonomous. (google does hide a lot of features in the hidden developers menu tho which is smart).

2. apple has been better at software optimization generally. and this is evident by its consistently lower spec sheet against high end android phones by comparison, where the latter packs in desktop horsepower for a mobile software (software which has gotten more mature admittedly over the years). yet apple's software is smooth like a jackson moonwalk. occasionally there will be a bug or two, but thats software. also apple always utilizes majority of internal phone real estate to battery, and very little to the PCB. android phones are all over the place with that.

3. build quality has always been flames with iPhone. with android, its a hit or miss and depends on company. samsung JUST started putting out quality builds, they were on that subaru plastic steez from like 1-5.

4. bloatware exists on android phones, apple ain't about that life. you need to go nexus to avoid bloat.

5. updates come directly from apple. unless u got a nexus, you gonna wait a hot min for updates.

maybe a little, but most people I know either want a streamlined, safe device, in which case I recommend iPhone. the rare geek/tech person I send to Nexus. keep in mind I'm also thinking of 3-4 years ago, when Nexus was cheap and my friends were in need of a phone off-contract.

I will concede there's some fraction of people for whom a Samsung or whatever else is ideal, likely those who want a safe experience but want to try something different. or for those who don't want to pay iPhone prices.

sorta with you. iPhone is easy pick up and go. android has widgets, resizing, way more features in gen...

however nexus is the perfect example of why i can't recommend high end phones anymore. it just isn't worth it. nexus packs pure android, and performance, at a solid price, compared to what...800? for an iPhone? and samsung wants to be about that life so they charge the same ****.
these phones cost not even 200 to engineer and assemble, I'm not about to pay macbook prices for a phone.

What does an iPhone do so much better that would make it a better than a high-end android? I'm pretty sure you could survive just fine with a S7 Edge or 6p as a business phone

i dont about iPhone being better than android but i will admit as much..

1. in my opinion the iPhone has a more straightforward user experience that really works well with the least tech savvy people. elderly people is a perfect example. just the organization of menus and straightforward access to options presents itself much easier to the general population than high end android phones. case in point, this is problem with android skins like touchwiz. honestly, a skin could work in favor of the user experience, but thus far they've made it worse, especially when pure android has moved to make it (it being GUI) more intuitive. touchwiz for years added features and gimmicks and pack it into a complicated skin, with little organization.

this type of avg or computer dumb consumer exists big time, and verizon is all over it. thats why they still push vow messenger, vz navigator and other type of big red nonsense they try to get dumbass consumers to sign up for. navigator being the most flagrant example. android has google maps built in, and with waze on the market, why tf would anyone use big red's crap? savage move.

overtime this problem will shrink from the consumer standpoint as the population becomes more tech savvy, at a younger and younger age. from the manufacturer standpoint, google needs to reign in these companies and their bs skins and useless feature additions make their own phone straight up lol.

to android's defense, from pure google's standpoint, they have added more features that give the user more autonomy over the function of the phone (including multitasking) where apple has probably opted to keep it internal and keep a lot of functions autonomous. (google does hide a lot of features in the hidden developers menu tho which is smart).

2. apple has been better at software optimization generally. and this is evident by its consistently lower spec sheet against high end android phones by comparison, where the latter packs in desktop horsepower for a mobile software (software which has gotten more mature admittedly over the years). yet apple's software is smooth like a jackson moonwalk. occasionally there will be a bug or two, but thats software. also apple always utilizes majority of internal phone real estate to battery, and very little to the PCB. android phones are all over the place with that.

3. build quality has always been flames with iPhone. with android, its a hit or miss and depends on company. samsung JUST started putting out quality builds, they were on that subaru plastic steez from like 1-5.

4. bloatware exists on android phones, apple ain't about that life. you need to go nexus to avoid bloat.

5. updates come directly from apple. unless u got a nexus, you gonna wait a hot min for updates.

maybe a little, but most people I know either want a streamlined, safe device, in which case I recommend iPhone. the rare geek/tech person I send to Nexus. keep in mind I'm also thinking of 3-4 years ago, when Nexus was cheap and my friends were in need of a phone off-contract.

I will concede there's some fraction of people for whom a Samsung or whatever else is ideal, likely those who want a safe experience but want to try something different. or for those who don't want to pay iPhone prices.

sorta with you. iPhone is easy pick up and go. android has widgets, resizing, way more features in gen...

however nexus is the perfect example of why i can't recommend high end phones anymore. it just isn't worth it. nexus packs pure android, and performance, at a solid price, compared to what...800? for an iPhone? and samsung wants to be about that life so they charge the same ****.
these phones cost not even 200 to engineer and assemble, I'm not about to pay macbook prices for a phone.

I agree %100 iPhones are simple safe pick up and go and depending on the android your gonna have to make it work.

Last edited:
IPhone Web browsing experience is so much more sluggish and less intuitive than its android counterparts. The fact that I can't play a video or look at a ig video or vine in the browser without it automatically popping out and taking over the whole display is a super annoyance. They are almost always choppy as hell and can't ever be played over data without the quality being 240p. My s6 edge plays video flawlessly on the same network
I can co-sign all of this.

Agree with a lot of your points, but some arguments/points I wanted to amke.

When the same company designs the software and hardware optimization will obviously be amazing. Optimization that I don't think we'll ever seen on an Android device :frown:

While Samsung did have that plastic build for their phones, the removable battery was one of their main selling points. Considering we didn't really (or at least I don't remember) have those portable battery packs we have nowadays, removable/swappable batteries was huge and you can't do that with a unibody/metal design.

I think calling certain apps bloatware is subjective. iPhones do come with a lot of their own apps, it's just that a lot of them are actually used. :lol:

Last edited:
I've always been bothered by how iphone does its home screen and apps. I feel like there's 4 pages of randomly organized programs that you have to page through to find what you want. I've always preferred the way Android does it with a home screen with folders and then a second level in the app drawer that has all your apps in an organized fashion.

Actually I would like to see the home screen pretty much become merged with the lock screen, where it is some hybrid of favorite apps and notifications.

Back
Top Bottom