• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think in general phones have gotten so good that reviewers need to nitpick and make videos of just its flaws

Also, blame Verizon. They're the worst at bloatware.

Last edited:
Damn that onyx S7 edge got me itching to come back to android. Thought about jumping back with the 6P too but I still can't wash the bad taste out of my mouth after my experiences with the S4 and Nexus 7.

Nexus 6P or Galaxy S7 Edge...V10 and Note 5 are still pretty solid also
thank you, Nexus 6P was the one i was thinking of but couldn't remember the name
What does an iPhone do so much better that would make it a better than a high-end android? I'm pretty sure you could survive just fine with a S7 Edge or 6p as a business phone
Probably nothing at all. But the fact that everyone seems to have one and I'm always being asked to send videos or do FaceTime, would help me.  Whenever i send or receive videos on my phone now it smashes them into a tiny pixelated mess. While iPhone to iPhone SMS videos look great

Man, I was planning on getting an S7E from Costco because they don't charge sales tax there, but turns out they only got the black color and apparently aren't running the VR headset promo. 
mean.gif
 This is too frustrating. 

Man, I was planning on getting an S7E from Costco because they don't charge sales tax there, but turns out they only got the black color and apparently aren't running the VR headset promo. :smh:  This is too frustrating. 

??? I thought the promo was being ran through Samsung.

Might just have to borrow one/buy and return/jack one then :\

Unless yeah yeah or someone has a good solution.

A good solution for making a phone that only supports 32GB sd cards support a 64GB sd card? Good luck celticspride34 celticspride34 :lol: The only thing that might work is partitioning the SD card or completely reformatting it as a 32GB card. Both these methods will force you to lose that content.

I would suggest picking up a SD to USB adapter from Amazon and using a computer to get the stuff off that SD card, your phone won't work.

??? I thought the promo was being ran through Samsung.
Only with the big carriers. Turns out for certain retailers they give them a certain allotted stock to give away and thus certain stores don't receive it. Turns out some in my area do though, I called around. A T-Mo rep said they wouldn't, go figure. 

I think in general phones have gotten so good that reviewers need to nitpick and make videos of just its flaws

Also, blame Verizon. They're the worst at bloatware.
Man I remember back in the flip-phone era when Verizon used to put their own UI on every phone.  No matter what the phone was and from what manufacturer, you had the ugly red Verizon UI with the same limited features.  Verizon not new to this, they true to this 
laugh.gif

What does an iPhone do so much better that would make it a better than a high-end android? I'm pretty sure you could survive just fine with a S7 Edge or 6p as a business phone
Probably nothing at all. But the fact that everyone seems to have one and I'm always being asked to send videos or do FaceTime, would help me.  Whenever i send or receive videos on my phone now it smashes them into a tiny pixelated mess. While iPhone to iPhone SMS videos look great
Agreed.  

Plus the iPhone ecosystem means theres' just less to support.  With Android, if you want to integrate it with say, an enterprise network, you have to worry about the different versions, different hardware configurations, etc.  With iOS, what works for one most likely works for all.

My first android phone (Samsung Sidekick 4G :lol:) had a bunch of T-Mobile bloat ware on it. I rooted it and uninstalled that junk and the phone was much smoother. Since then it had been nothing but Nexus/iPhone for me

Might just have to borrow one/buy and return/jack one then :\

Unless yeah yeah or someone has a good solution.

A good solution for making a phone that only supports 32GB sd cards support a 64GB sd card? Good luck celticspride34 celticspride34 :lol: The only thing that might work is partitioning the SD card or completely reformatting it as a 32GB card. Both these methods will force you to lose that content.

I would suggest picking up a SD to USB adapter from Amazon and using a computer to get the stuff off that SD card, your phone won't work.

Gotchya... I was hoping there was an app for that :lol:...

Sure, you can look at the bloatware as just a harmless nuisance....

But really it's an insult and makes the phone automatic clown category. With the way plans are now, you're essentially paying full price, so why do you have to put up with bloatware and advertisements that are not on iphones?

This is one big reason why I cannot and will not recommend Android phones (excluding Nexus, of course) to any friends or family.

Last edited:

But really it's an insult and makes the phone automatic clown category. With the way plans are now, you're essentially paying full price, so why do you have to put up with bloatware and advertisements that are not on iphones?

This is one big reason why I cannot and will not recommend Android phones (excluding Nexus, of course) to any friends or family.

You don't think that's kind of excessive?

maybe a little, but most people I know either want a streamlined, safe device, in which case I recommend iPhone. the rare geek/tech person I send to Nexus. keep in mind I'm also thinking of 3-4 years ago, when Nexus was cheap and my friends were in need of a phone off-contract.

I will concede there's some fraction of people for whom a Samsung or whatever else is ideal, likely those who want a safe experience but want to try something different. or for those who don't want to pay iPhone prices.

Last edited:

Can you delete Newstand or Game Center yet? No, then *****

finally started to use my s7 today and i love it... i took a while to use it because i was waiting on my case which took mad long to come in but was mailed in the same state as me makes no sense... and shoutout for helping me get my data on my s7 i got everything i need on there...the phone is dope though i like the sd storage, waterproof and the camera is great... the display on this phone is way better than my m9...the only thing that i didnt care for was the always on display and also this phone gets hot quick...the selfie cam is also not that good at night but i wont be using it at night anyway...one thing i hated was touchwiz... i thought i would give it a shot but no its trash... the multitab feature and popup window are cool though... i changed everything on here the email app, music, keyboard, text and even put nova launcher on there which makes this phone 10x better.. the fingerprint scanner works great on the phone too

This skinomi screen protector doesn't exactly fit on the S7E. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks for a good tempered glass protector.

Feel like an idiot copping the S6 ($450) not knowing there was no microSD slot. Prolly gonna return and try and cop the Galaxy Alpha ($240) any reason I should keep it and try to work with it or look fora different phone that has a microSD slot?

I low key want the S7edge just for the perks of Samsung Pay but already paying for 3 phones on my account through EIP, don't need to add an extra $30/mo + the $10 for Jump. I should've just ignored my wife's whining for another month and then changed to that 3lines + the 4th free :lol:

Last edited:
Feel like an idiot copping the S6 ($450) not knowing there was no microSD slot. Prolly gonna return and try and cop the Galaxy Alpha ($240) any reason I should keep it and try to work with it or look fora different phone that has a microSD slot?

If you think you'll need an SD slot, return it and buy something with one.

Last edited:
Most likely gonna return it.
Aint rly needin the microSD slot but for $400+ it should def have a slot for it or just more space
The alpha $200 cheaper but to my knowledge has the same RAM as my S3 (that's been freezing alot) so it's almost a toss-up for me

Most likely gonna return it.
Aint rly needin the microSD slot but for $400+ it should def have a slot for it or just more space
The alpha $200 cheaper but to my knowledge has the same RAM as my S3 (that's been freezing alot) so it's almost a toss-up for me

So you're budget is in the $400 range? Set on a Samsung for sure? There are other options.

So you're budget is in the $400 range? Set on a Samsung for sure? There are other options.
Honestly 128GB S6's on eBay are like 400. Don't even need an SD then. Also, caved and impulsebought an S7E. 
sick.gif
 Very nice so far, some small software quirks though. At first I thought the Touchwiz and Chrome complaints were unfounded but I can see where there could be cause for concern. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom