• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That wide-angled camera on the G5 looks sick, I'm liking the in-built DAC feature too, should make music sound better. Module thing seems ok(glad you can swap batteries) but the potential is limitless.

As for the S7, I like that they refined rather than try to gimmick their phone up. Looks sleek especially with the tapered glass on the edges.

G5 ugly af 
alien.gif

S7 looks nice but I gotta see the performance and battery life after extended use.  Wont get me again how they got me last year with the S6edge 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

3600 vs 3000, should be great on battery life this time around.
The S6 edge had a 2600mah battery.  The S6 edge Plus was the one with the 3000.

If the regular S7 edge has 3600 that should be a good little boost.

G5 ugly af 0]  

S7 looks nice but I gotta see the performance and battery life after extended use.  Wont get me again how they got me last year with the S6edge :smh: :smh: :smh:  

That's why I won't be jumping back into android with either Samsung or LG until they have been out for a few months

Never got the whole "This phone is ugly" thing. Its like caring how a video game console looks.

Never got the whole "This phone is ugly" thing. Its like caring how a video game console looks.
What? By that logic I assume you don't care if you're car is ugly or not?
I dont consider those things the same but thats a fair argument. I would say I care much more how a car looks than a cell phone though. A phone is nowhere near as visible in the world as a car though. 

so even though the megapixels is lower on the s7 is it safe to say the camera is better than the s6?

Yes. The pixels in the S7's camera are bigger than last year's, letting in more light plus also having a wider aperture at 1.7. Megapixels are only indicative of resolution, meaning a camera with a higher megapixel count retains more detail when zoomed in - they aren't the only determining factor when it comes to camera quality. It's like how iPhones had higher quality images than Android cameras for years even with smaller megapixel counts; their sensors had bigger pixels.

Last edited:
I asked a mobile geek today what he thought of the S7 and he looked at me showed me pictures of the G5 and said, S7 is nice, but this is the real deal.

blu vivo 5, this review is wild...​
 ​
does a little comparison with 6p...​
 ​

Last edited:

What? By that logic I assume you don't care if you're car is ugly or not?
I dont consider those things the same but thats a fair argument. I would say I care much more how a car looks than a cell phone though. A phone is nowhere near as visible in the world as a car though. 
I can agree with you on that. Only thing I would say is that a phone is something you stare at dozens of times a day, it helps the experience to have it be aesthetically pleasing 

Yeah same here, I had the reaction to hating the Camera on the 6p until it came out and saw it. The bottom bezel is big but at the same time that is where they have that removable module so it makes sense. There is a lot of stuff that can be done with that so it is cool that LG is taking a chance and moving more toward the future. If they have a similar deal to the V10 when it launched the phone will be a no brainer for me

What i worry about the G5 is when taking it out of my pocket. Im sure there will be times where the bottom bezel will disconnect and the rest of the phone will stay in my pocket. Especially because I put my phone in topend first.

G5 seems gimmicky

Agreed, but I like that they're willing to experiment

I asked a mobile geek today what he thought of the S7 and he looked at me showed me pictures of the G5 and said, S7 is nice, but this is the real deal.

No EWD, but the S7 looks like the real deal

LG G5 looks fantastic. Samesung isn't going to fool my *** again :smh:

What'd they get you with?

Man this S7 looks like the dream phone. They addressed all of the things that people complained most about with the S6.

Battery too small? Bam, 3000/3600mah.

Miss the microSD? Bam, there it is.

Miss the IP67 of the S5? Naw, have IP68 instead.

Memory management problems? Fixed with marshmallow, but lemme throw in another GB of ram

What i worry about the G5 is when taking it out of my pocket. Im sure there will be times where the bottom bezel will disconnect and the rest of the phone will stay in my pocket. Especially because I put my phone in topend first.
You need to press the button to detach it.

Man this S7 looks like the dream phone. They addressed all of the things that people complained most about with the S6.

Memory management problems? Fixed with marshmallow, but lemme throw in another GB of ram
Touchwiz.

I really dislike that detachable bottom on the G5. That's just silly. Whats the point of that?? Seems like their goal was to make the phone look like the Nexus 6p as much as possible while still having a removable battery. But it just looks poorly executed.

Pretty much. Touchwiz is not a make or break feature for Sammy really never has been. I stopped rooting a while ago. 

For you T-mobile heads interested in the S7 or S7E you can pre-register right now on the website. Another free year of Netflix and free Samsung Virtual Reality pack (free Gear VR and 6 Oculus games).

You need to press the button to detach it.

The button also apparently only slightly detaches one side as well so you have to do a little work of your own to get it all the way off.

Seems like they did damn near everything they could to minimize the chance of accidents :lol:

S7 edge looks like the real deal tho. Same size as the G5 with a bigger screen, (relatively) large battery, waterproof plus memory expansion.

I'm here for it.....when it goes on sale :lol:

The button also apparently only slightly detaches one side as well so you have to do a little work of your own to get it all the way off.

Seems like they did damn near everything they could to minimize the chance of accidents :lol:
Let's hope so. I really like LG's quality on their devices every time i check it out.

Back
Top Bottom