• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Android needs to flat out copy iMessage. And not just Android to Android. Have it connect with iPhones too. Basically all texts over data/wi-Fi are instant message.

Preach!

I'm personally not into rooting. It is pretty high maintenance.

High maintenance? In what way?

On my OPO rooted with 6.0.1 and this thing is smooth as **** with no problems at all

I dont think I can ever move away from a rooted device... I need AdAway in my life at all times :lol:

When I rooted I would just flash stock roms anyway :lol:

So no need to root my Moto X.

Plus the features that were on roms I liked are already implemented.

Is it safe to say that Samsung and Huawaei(sp?) were the best OEMs for the Nexus Line? Whats your opinion?

Samsung only cause they were one of the first - and they did it well. Unfortunately VZW ****** it up.

Huawei and LG though, for sure tho.

Not saying much tho, as the only other OEM is HTC (besides Moto).

Last edited:
I feel that the only plus side to rooting is adaway, unrestricted tethering, vanilla android ROMs, and extra features.

Is it safe to say that Samsung and Huawaei(sp?) were the best OEMs for the Nexus Line? Whats your opinion?

Nexus One - HTC
Nexus S/Galaxy Nexus (2 & 3) - Samsung
Nexus 4 & 5 - LG
Nexus 6 - Motorola
Nexus 6p - Huawei

I'm honestly going to give it to LG. The Nexus 4 and 5 did more for the Nexus line than any of the other devices, especially the Nexus 4. That phone seemed to be the one that took the Nexus line out of obscurity, and I never even had one.

I agree. That is why I used to root was to get something stock. But then I'd feel dumb cause what would be the point of a Samsung phone?

So now it is just Nexus 6P and iPhone 6 :nerd:

I'm super conflicted

Last edited:

Nexus One - HTC
Nexus S/Galaxy Nexus (2 & 3) - Samsung
Nexus 4 & 5 - LG
Nexus 6 - Motorola
Nexus 6p - Huawei

I'm honestly going to give it to LG. The Nexus 4 and 5 did more for the Nexus line than any of the other devices, especially the Nexus 4. That phone seemed to be the one that took the Nexus line out of obscurity, and I never even had one.

LG just cause their devices changed the game.

But Huawei damn near perfected it when no one really had any high expectations.

Last edited:
I dont really root to play with Roms and what not. I usually find one rom and stick with it. But the stuff that comes with Rooting like Adaway and Xposed are crucial

1) if you get a non-Android phone, then you need to root to have any chance of getting rid of bloat and of keeping up with the latest version of the OS.

2) if you get a nexus phone, then you can get away with not rooting or experimenting with custom ROMs because you will always get the latest OS. and if you want to experiment, there's no phone easier and more well-supported for that than the nexus line.

maybe I'm biased, but the improvements in going from jelly bean to kit kat to lollipop to marshmallow are much more important to me than having whatever great manufacturer-added features are out there (really, what are they? I remember turning them all off).

Team Nexus is still here, in the shadows :nerd:

Last edited:
for those contemplating going to iPhone, have you tried scrolling on those POS devices? :x it's so laborious. compared to Android where you can flick a couple times and it'll go through an entire website or contacts list or whatever like butter.

or is there something in the iPhone settings you need to do?

Last edited:
I got a nexus 6p coming in tomorrow I'm going to try it for a week. If I like it I'm selling my 6s plus, it's so hard to sell sprint phones though lol.

My Nexus 5 was terrible on Bluetooth, would disconnect all the time. Didn't help that the battery life on Bluetooth was basically cut in half.

Strange mine is on point except for some bang bang BT headphones I bought. Takes a bit to connect but other than that it works great. It is a battery killer though

[COLOR=#red]Nexus appeal started declining once the started playing the change a new OEM every year game. Then after awhile people grow out of the whole root/rom game. It gets old, trust me I started it wth the OG Nexus which I still have btw. With the existing tech out now there's not much more to be done with smartphones save for a few gimmicks and incremental improvements to components like the camera. Is exactly why I still have my Note 4. [/COLOR]

Gotta agree here, only been a nexus user since moving from iOS (2g iPhone) and the ROMing got old quick after a while. Now I just stick with stock lean roms and keep it moving. I need root though.

Team Nexus all the way for me.

for those contemplating going to iPhone, have you tried scrolling on those POS devices? :x it's so laborious. compared to Android where you can flick a couple times and it'll go through an entire website or contacts list or whatever like butter.

or is there something in the iPhone settings you need to do?

**** is awful. Using a iPhone is like driving a car with a 20mph governor. Every time I let someone use my Edge + (iPhone users) they talk about how fast and fluid it is and how much more intuitive the 3 button system is compared to iOS. Again, imessage is ******* amazing and is honestly the only feature I really enjoy about the phone

Gotta agree here, only been a nexus user since moving from iOS (2g iPhone) and the ROMing got old quick after a while. Now I just stick with stock lean roms and keep it moving. I need root though.

Team Nexus all the way for me.

This

My s4, nexus 4, g3, and note 4 were rooted. Changed roms every 2 or 3 days

Got the 6p now and haven't rooted. Don't think I will. It's smooth as is and doze is amazing

Nah...LG > Samsung when it comes to Nexus devices...not even close either. Nexus 5 is still a decent option even today. Perfect size also. Only thing that's truly bad is the camera (which has gotten better through updates) and battery life (but Marshmallow remedies that to a certain extent).

I disagree with the Nexus appeal declining EWD...people (at least Android enthusiasts) love their Nexuses. I've been seeing a little bit more and more people copping a Nexus each year. And it helps that I can actually see them being on commercials now. No better option than a Nexus if you want the fastest updates and a smooth experience. But Samsung and LG skins have dope features that you won't find on Nexuses.

iMessage

iCloud

Resale value

iCloud is a joke.

But yeah, the problems I have with my 6P make it almost un usable. The camera takes forever to load sometimes. And then when it does load, I'll take a photo and when I go back to look at it, the photo was never actually taken.

It also has a lot of trouble switching between HSPA+ and LTE (I'm on T-Mobile) and it gets mad annoying :smh:

Here's the thing... Android, in my opinion, is a much better operating system. Better features, more customizable, etc. But the execution sometimes is sorely lacking. I don't want to use an iPhone, but damn man, if I can't take a photo when I want, it's incredibly annoying and borderline embarrassing, you know? There are just some basic things that are not working well on my 6P and that's really not gonna cut it.

We'll see. My brother been using the S6 and is so disappointed with it he's gonna try the 6S using his Jump on Demand thing.

iCloud is a joke.

But yeah, the problems I have with my 6P make it almost un usable. The camera takes forever to load sometimes. And then when it does load, I'll take a photo and when I go back to look at it, the photo was never actually taken.

It also has a lot of trouble switching between HSPA+ and LTE (I'm on T-Mobile) and it gets mad annoying :smh:

Here's the thing... Android, in my opinion, is a much better operating system. Better features, more customizable, etc. But the execution sometimes is sorely lacking. I don't want to use an iPhone, but damn man, if I can't take a photo when I want, it's incredibly annoying and borderline embarrassing, you know? There are just some basic things that are not working well on my 6P and that's really not gonna cut it.

We'll see. My brother been using the S6 and is so disappointed with it he's gonna try the 6S using his Jump on Demand thing.

Edge plus , Note 5, and V10 are all better options than the iPhone imo.

[COLOR=#red]All 3 ecosystems are important to me. So I have Google suite of web applications on all my devices, 1TB of OneDrive and MS Office on all my devices, and my iPad for iMessage and FaceTime. OneDrive is all the cloud I could ever ask for and since it's on every device it's clutch. I basically got a deal for 1TB of storage and MS Office online and on devices until 2019 for less than $50 using a special student discount promotion MS was running,

Lol I hedge my bets to make sure I'm not l ft out o the benefits of any of the ecosystems.[/COLOR]

Edge plus , Note 5, and V10 are all better options than the iPhone imo.

I did the Samsung thing for three-ish years with my S4 and Note 4 and I went into each of those phones HYPED about my new device. I loved it for the first few months and then reality started to sink in... I hated not having the most up to date software and the "features" Samsung implements into their phones are stupid. I hate the volume warning they put on their phones (that's just an example). I don't care to use any of their garbage apps (S Health, S this, S that, G T F O).

The reason I consider the iPhone is for the ecosystem and the ability to perform the basics on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom