• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
those of you with the 6p, are all you guys just using the phone as is or have any of you rooted/flashed ROMs? with all my HTC phones over the years I always root immediately and flash viper ROM, but going over to the 6p soon I am not sure whose ROMs are considered the best of the best and if rooting this phone is even necessary. I would prefer to have custom ROMs for things like quick settings on the pulldown and stuff like that.

those of you with the 6p, are all you guys just using the phone as is or have any of you rooted/flashed ROMs? with all my HTC phones over the years I always root immediately and flash viper ROM, but going over to the 6p soon I am not sure whose ROMs are considered the best of the best and if rooting this phone is even necessary. I would prefer to have custom ROMs for things like quick settings on the pulldown and stuff like that.

Chroma. No question. Dude kept my Nexus 4 flying 3 years after I got it.

Speaking of which, he just made the first release 10 minutes ago:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63775526&postcount=223

Is rooting/custom ROMs necessary? Obviously not. But if you want more features and optimized kernel settings, then you'll have to root.

Last edited:
Whats the right move between the Nexus 6p and the Note 5?  

Nope. Nexus 6P. Who knows when the Note will get Marshmallow?

strong this. i said this before. samsung will dead your phone early, if not getting updates at a verizon pace. why deal with that nonsense. google been showing love to the nexus 4 thru lollipop, and that phone dropped 3 or 4 yrs ago.

samsung aint checkin for u S4 owners, note 3 and probably 4 owners. thats why marshmallow is out yet the android distribution pie chart still shows a significant portion of android users on jelly bean. on kit kat.

besides, no phone is worth 600 or 700 cash. period.

unless u need that s pen in your life like there is no tmrw, let the pure stock android flow thru u.

Last edited:
went to order the 64gb graphite 6p off google play and it's sold out again :stoneface: shouldve just ordered last night when I was looking instead of slacking. damnit

Out of stock but iII'll swing by a store. Would love the gold one

actually. try this from slickdeals

1)
Code:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/businessportals/businesssites/boeing.html

2) In the upper right "New Customers" box click "Shop Online"
3) Enter your ZipCode in the box when prompted (if prompted).
4) In the lower left "New Customers" box click "Accessories"
5) From the phone selecter drop downs, pick Make = Google, Model = Nexus 6 Midnight
6) Scroll down for a while til you see them $74.99 plus tax, but free 2-day shipping.

they have the champagne one. was leaning to wards silver but only the slim band so might get the champagne one

my nexus 6 broke on me for the 4th time decided it was time to get another phone :smh: im done with phablet phones i feel like its too much glass which makes it more prone to cracking

definitely gonna miss the size godly battery life and display badly tho :frown:

anyway copped a nexus 5x but wasnt thinking when i purchased it and skipped over the protection plan for 70$

im not clumsy but i have pretty bad luck with phones is there a way to purchase the plan after i already bought the phone?

dam and i havent been in this thread for a minute :lol:

Last edited:
went to order the 64gb graphite 6p off google play and it's sold out again
indifferent.gif
shouldve just ordered last night when I was looking instead of slacking. damnit
http://www.gethuawei.com/nexus6p
kobe-youre-welcome.gif

my nexus 6 broke on me for the 4th time decided it was time to get another phone :smh: im done with phablet phones i feel like its too much glass which makes it more prone to cracking

anyway copped a nexus 5x but wasnt thinking when i purchased it and skipped over the protection plan for 70$

im not clumsy but i have pretty bad luck with phones is there a way to purchase the plan after i already bought the phone?

Cancel your order and re-order.

Otherwise get a case

32 GB Note 5 unlocked

$550 via ebay [Breed]

Last edited:

Cancel your order and re-order.

Otherwise get a case

You typically have a short period of time (15 or 30 days) after the purchase to add insurance and what not. Might not be available through the Play Store, but I'd reach out to customer service before canceling and reordering. Can't hurt.

my phone shipped yesterday already :lol: will def try calling them tho

and does anyone know why they dont make bumper cases anymore? its the only case i ever liked... i need one for my 5x anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy S7 announcement will be on February 21, rumor says

Will the Samsung Galaxy S7 be unveiled sooner than its predecessor was, as countless rumors have said over the past few weeks? That's one of the big questions in the mobile world today. Yet if we're to go by a new rumor, the answer to it could be both yes and no.

So let's try this again. Will the Galaxy S7 be outed sooner than the S6? Well, yes, but not by much. See, the S6 pair was made official at an event on March 1, 2015, while the S7 (and S7 edge probably) are apparently due to be unveiled on February 21, 2016. So technically yes, it will be an earlier presentation, but only by eight days.

Oh, and the new timing only has to do with the scheduling of the Mobile World Congress, which next year starts on February 22 in Barcelona. This year it started on March 2. See a pattern? Yes, Samsung likes to hold its big event on the eve of MWC, so to speak, which is reportedly just what it will do in 2016 as well.

All of this information is said to come from "a tipster that has been right many times in the past", so perhaps he's right about this one too. Obviously though you shouldn't take this for granted, at least not until Samsung makes the date of its event official.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...l_be_on_february_21_rumor_says-news-14958.php

Any predictions on changes? I'm guessing it's just gonna be mostly internal changes since the S6 was a complete overhaul.

Last edited:
The lack of roms for the s6 edge plus is pissing me off. Should've copped the Note 5

S6 Edge+ is garbage. Note 5 is easily the better device. ROM-wise, you wouldn't have been much better off with the Note 5 though :lol:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...l_be_on_february_21_rumor_says-news-14958.php

Any predictions on changes? I'm guessing it's just gonna be mostly internal changes since the S6 was a complete overhaul.

My guess, it will be a huge pile of crap. The GS6 is by far the most problem filled phone in recent memory. Everyone I talk to with that phone has problems with it.

Yea sounds like Samsung still needs to work on software optimization. Can't argue that they have hardware on lock though.

Fwiw my girl has a S6 and it gives her no issues. I bought it to the edge hype coming from a Note 4 and boy do I miss the Spen. Touchwiz without spen functionality is a oxymoron

Fwiw my girl has a S6 and it gives her no issues. I bought it to the edge hype coming from a Note 4 and boy do I miss the Spen. Touchwiz without spen functionality is a oxymoron

Have a s6 edge but only thing that's an issue is the ram problem. Besides that it's been great. Ir blaster comes in handy when I can't find the remote

Back
Top Bottom