Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Official product video for theV10:

They going all out with that dual front camera.
laugh.gif
at a groufie

It all makes sense now why LG decided to shade the Nexus 5x. Between the V10 and the G4, they just threw whatever to Google

Last edited:
Anyone here have a Macbook with an Android phone? Do you have any problems connecting the two or anything else to note? Cause I just bought a MBA (I don't do nearly as much on my laptop as I do my phone) and wanted to hear any useful info from you folks.

Speaking of dual screens, you guys remember this gem on T-Mobile also made by LG?
lg-qwerty-dual-screen-android-phone-0110616121214.jpg

nah but i had one of these joints

lg-env-touch-verizon-wireless-xl.gif

this man knows. LG enV. dude brought it way back with this. had the very first one, it was a fat bastard.

this was during the days when calls were free after 7 and texting had you acting like

everybody-hates-chris-crews59.jpg

cuz anything extra was $$$

I had Sprint back in the day and it was free calls after 9pm, so my family would specifically wait until 9 to call me :lol: free weekend calls though :pimp:

Anyone here have a Macbook with an Android phone? Do you have any problems connecting the two or anything else to note? Cause I just bought a MBA (I don't do nearly as much on my laptop as I do my phone) and wanted to hear any useful info from you folks.
I haven't had any issues. I usually just drag and drop pictures/videos on my phone to my desktop with no issues.

I have a MBP 2011

No issues here. I have a Nexus 6 and a current MacBook Air. You'll be fine.

Can anyone recommend me an email client that works with .edu emails?

you prob jus need settings from the IT dept

Can anyone recommend me an email client that works with .edu emails?

My school's email works with Gmail, just need to get a secondary password from your school.

The school email is a Google apps email. On my phone running 5.0.1, it was never an issue but for what ever reason I was setting up a loaner phone for someone, a S4 running 4.4.2 and it just wasn't working but I'll give it another try

Google backs RCS, working with carriers to bring new messaging standard across the Android ecosystem
The advanced messaging standard is like SMS on steroids, and Google's support in Android gives it a big boost.

rcs gee
Credit: Florence Ion

Jason Cross
Jason Cross | @jasoncross00
Executive Editor, Greenbot Sep 30, 2015 3:24 PM
Texting stinks. You can’t write long messages, or send big audio or video files, or large hi-res images, or get a little interface toast to let you know that someone is typing a response. It’s stuck in the 90s!

The good news is, a broad industry standard is finally poised to replace SMS: RCS, or Rich Communication Services, which makes texting work like Apple’s iMessage.

The bad news is, RCS needs to be supported by your carrier, and your device maker, and your messaging app. That’s a lot of ecosystem to cover, so rollout has been pathetically slow. T-Mobile recently announced support for some of the RCS standard under its Advanced Messaging branding, but only for a few phones. And of course, only on T-Mobile.

In a blog post Wednesday, Google announced that it is purchasing RCS services company Jibe Mobile and throwing its weight behind the standard. It will build RCS into the foundation of Android, and work with carriers across the globe to support the standard.

This is exactly what RCS needs. With integration into Android, building SMS apps that support RCS should be dramatically easier. The bar for basic SMS service will be raised, and any device maker with an app or device that works only with old-school SMS will be considered obsolete. If the maker of the world’s largest mobile OS is petitioning carriers, support should spread there, too.

With any luck, within a year or two, you’ll be able to send RCS-based messages from any modern Android device to any other, on nearly any major carrier.

Why this matters: The capabilities of SMS fall far behind over-the-top messaging services like Hangouts, WhatsApp, or Facebook Messenger. But it has one major advantage: universal support. This new messaging standard should let you enjoy features similar to OTT services without requiring the person on the other end to be using the same app as you.

Google backs RCS, working with carriers to bring new messaging standard across the Android ecosystem
The advanced messaging standard is like SMS on steroids, and Google's support in Android gives it a big boost.

rcs gee

Jason Cross
Texting stinks. You can’t write long messages, or send big audio or video files, or large hi-res images, or get a little interface toast to let you know that someone is typing a response. It’s stuck in the 90s!

The good news is, a broad industry standard is finally poised to replace SMS: RCS, or Rich Communication Services, which makes texting work like Apple’s iMessage.

The bad news is, RCS needs to be supported by your carrier, and your device maker, and your messaging app. That’s a lot of ecosystem to cover, so rollout has been pathetically slow. T-Mobile recently announced support for some of the RCS standard under its Advanced Messaging branding, but only for a few phones. And of course, only on T-Mobile.

In a blog post Wednesday, Google announced that it is purchasing RCS services company Jibe Mobile and throwing its weight behind the standard. It will build RCS into the foundation of Android, and work with carriers across the globe to support the standard.

This is exactly what RCS needs. With integration into Android, building SMS apps that support RCS should be dramatically easier. The bar for basic SMS service will be raised, and any device maker with an app or device that works only with old-school SMS will be considered obsolete. If the maker of the world’s largest mobile OS is petitioning carriers, support should spread there, too.

With any luck, within a year or two, you’ll be able to send RCS-based messages from any modern Android device to any other, on nearly any major carrier.

Why this matters: The capabilities of SMS fall far behind over-the-top messaging services like Hangouts, WhatsApp, or Facebook Messenger. But it has one major advantage: universal support. This new messaging standard should let you enjoy features similar to OTT services without requiring the person on the other end to be using the same app as you.
FINALLY!!!

Do you guys think the Nexus 6 for 300 is worth it, or would dishing out the extra for the Moto X Pure or OP2 be worth it?

rcs gee

Jason Cross

FINALLY!!!
This is good news 
pimp.gif

Do you guys think the Nexus 6 for 300 is worth it, or would dishing out the extra for the Moto X Pure or OP2 be worth it?
It's a good deal.. but I'd spend the extra hundo and get the Pure. Or 200 and get the 6p 
laugh.gif

Yup I'm definitely copping the lg v10. Minus the 808 being old, it has everything I need. Great design, micro SD ( yes I love micro sd) , great camera, removable battery. I'm in love lol

Back
Top Bottom