Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 [h1]Lollipop update for OnePlus One will only be out in March[/h1]
23 February, 2015 | Comments (15)  | Post your comment

Tags: OnePlusAndroid

OnePlus will break the promise it made to its customers last year when Google launched Android 5.0 Lollipop - namely that within three months from that point it would release an official update for the Onesmartphone. This is the company's first major Android update, and it hasn't handled things in a way that can please many people.

Through Carl Pei, its co-founder, OnePlus has today made it clear - Lollipop for the One will only come in March. The reasons for the delay are unclear.

gsmarena_001.jpg

This is true for the company's own ROM, called Oxygen OS, as well as CyanogenMod 12S. Both of these are based on Google's latest release, and they've both been delayed until next month.

Because Cyanogen, Inc. won't support OnePlus One devices sold in India with software updates, OnePlus has decided to create its own ROM for international markets - it will be available in parallel with CM12S, which will land as a consequence of the promise of two-year support made by Cyanogen for the One.

It's all rather confusing, but the short version is this: in March (if there aren't any more delays), you'll be able to update your One to CM12S from within CM11S, or try Oxygen OS if you so wish - though in that case you'll need to wipe your device and start fresh. An alpha build of Oxygen OS  has been out for a while, but that's obviously not recommended for average users. Nor are CM12 nightlies, which have been available for the OnePlus One too.

Source  | Via
Idk what all this is about, but im sure this is useful for the OPO heads

Last edited:
Opo has been good...

Might need a new phone for the summer

Any suggestions?

What that 1+2 looking like?

My M8 crashed for a good 4+ hours after updating to Lollipop. I don't like how the tabs are now part of the recent apps windows.

Other than that, idk what the update has done to my experience. It looks cleaner, but that's about it as far as I can tell.

Btw, **** is up showbox? Smh, you were the chosen one.

My M8 crashed for a good 4+ hours after updating to Lollipop. I don't like how the tabs are now part of the recent apps windows.

Other than that, idk what the update has done to my experience. It looks cleaner, but that's about it as far as I can tell.

Btw, **** is up showbox? Smh, you were the chosen one.
Talking about Chrome, right? You can change that in the settings for Chrome. I switched it back to normal by going to the Chrome settings and you'll have an option to merge tabs and apps.

Unless its an elaborate hoax or a whole different phone, looks like us HTC fans are in for a huge disappointment..

:smh:

Talking about Chrome, right? You can change that in the settings for Chrome. I switched it back to normal by going to the Chrome settings and you'll have an option to merge tabs and apps.
I really didn't eem think about fixing this; just accepted it as is :smh:. Thanks, bredren.

No worries on the M9 for me. If they flop, I'm expecting big things from the M10.

Got Lollipop update for my LG G3, and it makes the phone mad sloooow. rather be back on Key lime

Cant say I feel any type of way.  As I said earlier, the phone is already regarded as the benchmark of looks and build quality.  Device was already fast, great sound, great UI, great build, etc.  All they lacked is that camera.  M8 + A good camera = the perfect device.  If the device was ugly before, I would definitely be more disappointed that they didnt change it, but i cant get myself mad over an already great looking device
eyes.gif

That being said,  the G Flex 2, 6 Edge, or M9 will be mine.  I got that new phone itch again 
devil.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom