• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Im with t-mobile, Ive had an unlocked iphone for a years now. The only reason I didnt get a different phone was the ease of use with itunes and I listen to podcasts and thought the music players on other phones were trash. Andriod looks to do all those things and even more than the iphone. If im running t-mobile, is the mytouch 4g a good choice? or should I wait a few months for something newer?

I'll say g2 cause it runs pure android 2.2 froyo. Mytouch4g is such a gimmick phone.

or just wait for the news of Android 2.3 gingerbread and The Nexsus S phone coming out early next month or in january.
Yea, Mytouch 4g is just to hush the ppl that were crying about the iphone. Nexus S look sgood but I hear it wont be HSPA + , I have a G2 coming in for work, I dont care for the keyboard at all though.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i need a 4g android phone. im on my third tp2 and ready to burn it.
frown.gif

who are you with

sprint

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Im with t-mobile, Ive had an unlocked iphone for a years now. The only reason I didnt get a different phone was the ease of use with itunes and I listen to podcasts and thought the music players on other phones were trash. Andriod looks to do all those things and even more than the iphone. If im running t-mobile, is the mytouch 4g a good choice? or should I wait a few months for something newer?

I'll say g2 cause it runs pure android 2.2 froyo. Mytouch4g is such a gimmick phone.

or just wait for the news of Android 2.3 gingerbread and The Nexsus S phone coming out early next month or in january.
Yea, Mytouch 4g is just to hush the ppl that were crying about the iphone. Nexus S look sgood but I hear it wont be HSPA + , I have a G2 coming in for work, I dont care for the keyboard at all though.

Hmm Interesting the mytouch looked much better than the g2 tho. Do you say gimmick because it runs on a mix of android and htc sense? If a new update came out changing the os for andriod would it be changed on the mytouch?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Hmm Interesting the mytouch looked much better than the g2 tho. Do you say gimmick because it runs on a mix of android and htc sense? If a new update came out changing the os for andriod would it be changed on the mytouch?

how is the mytouch a gimmick phone? 
laugh.gif

its better in terms of spec in everyway than any phone right now and can still get overclocked,  bad things it has bloatware and has senseui which can be changed with root, you can change the genis button to google search and the trackpad to the wakeup button now with a few minor changes 

the nexus s looks outdated with a fancy screen, i do hope it comes out before my 20 days with the mytouch is over just to make sure 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

its better in terms of spec in everyway than any phone right now and can still get overclocked,  bad things it has bloatware and has senseui which can be changed with root, you can change the genis button to google search and the trackpad to the wakeup button now with a few minor changes 

the nexus s looks outdated with a fancy screen, i do hope it comes out before my 20 days with the mytouch is over just to make sure 
laugh.gif

The mytouch doesnt look gimmicky at all. One more thing, When you guys say it has sense ui, so its really not like an android phone then? Or is it a mix of the sense ui and android ui?

The mytouch doesnt look gimmicky at all. One more thing, When you guys say it has sense ui, so its really not like an android phone then? Or is it a mix of the sense ui and android ui?

frown.gif

who are you with

sprint

If you are in real need of a new phone get an HTC Evo which has no keyboard or if you prefer a keyboard roll with the Epic 4g. If you are in no hurry to get a new phone I would just wait it out till next year since the dual-core phones will be releasing. By next year the Evo and the epic will be 'outdated'.

frown.gif

who are you with

sprint

If you are in real need of a new phone get an HTC Evo which has no keyboard or if you prefer a keyboard roll with the Epic 4g. If you are in no hurry to get a new phone I would just wait it out till next year since the dual-core phones will be releasing. By next year the Evo and the epic will be 'outdated'.

its android but with something running on top, like the senseui from the sprint evo but with mytouch flavor (that a lot of people dont like but can cured with root)...

its android but with something running on top, like the senseui from the sprint evo but with mytouch flavor (that a lot of people dont like but can cured with root)...

What Roms do you guys recommend for a T-Mobile MyTouch. Yes I know it's old but I'm going to help my cousin root her phone, might as well load a good Rom.

What Roms do you guys recommend for a T-Mobile MyTouch. Yes I know it's old but I'm going to help my cousin root her phone, might as well load a good Rom.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

I see, is that what you did? You took it off? What does root mean lol  So when you took it off it takes off everything senseui?
Also if Im looking to get a android phone for t-mobile should I get the mytouch4g, nexus one or vibrant? I dont like the g2

I see, is that what you did? You took it off? What does root mean lol  So when you took it off it takes off everything senseui?
Also if Im looking to get a android phone for t-mobile should I get the mytouch4g, nexus one or vibrant? I dont like the g2

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sense UI
sick.gif
. I hate it. But its great for users who just wants a slick UI feel that helps them direct to certain features of the phone, such as the genius button. I still prefer the g2 cause of its stock android so you don't have to worry about the UI draining the battery faster.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sense UI
sick.gif
. I hate it. But its great for users who just wants a slick UI feel that helps them direct to certain features of the phone, such as the genius button. I still prefer the g2 cause of its stock android so you don't have to worry about the UI draining the battery faster.

root is like the term jailbreak it allows you to open the os more and run custom roms and do lil stuff like change button formats and delete stuff u could not normally do without having it, no i actually just got my mt4g like a hour ago via ups...im waiting for the ota so i can root it but i read as much info and seen enough videos of my purchase while i waited for it to be delivered so u can do all the things mentioned ill probably just delete the bloatware myself 
out of the 3 id pick the mytouch but id get a g2 > the nexus and vibrant 

root is like the term jailbreak it allows you to open the os more and run custom roms and do lil stuff like change button formats and delete stuff u could not normally do without having it, no i actually just got my mt4g like a hour ago via ups...im waiting for the ota so i can root it but i read as much info and seen enough videos of my purchase while i waited for it to be delivered so u can do all the things mentioned ill probably just delete the bloatware myself 
out of the 3 id pick the mytouch but id get a g2 > the nexus and vibrant 

Back
Top Bottom