• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Decided to cop a G3. Hope it's worth it. Although the way you guys talk about battery life I am concerned.

I was at work yesterday using my G3 as a hotspot. I hit the 5GB data cap that T-Mobile has and got a message saying I would be unable to use that feature until the 28th. Now normally I wouldn't care at all, but knowing I had another afternoon shift Sunday there was no way I was willing to miss football... Or even worse, watch the Washington Football Franchise. So I immediately decided this thing was getting rooted. Hit a few sources and decided to go with stump root. Worked like a charm and then a few reddit comments helped me with the rest. Now I'm back up and running thankfully. Funny thing is I had no intention of rooting my G3.

That being said, how do I remove the bloatware? Figured I might as well clean it up a bit now. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a first

Nice OST. What ph?

I was at work yesterday using my G3 as a hotspot. I hit the 5GB data cap that T-Mobile has and got a message saying I would be unable to use that feature until the 28th. Now normally I wouldn't care at all, but knowing I had another afternoon shift Sunday there was no way I was willing to miss football... Or even worse, watch the Washington Football Franchise. So I immediately decided this thing was getting rooted. Hit a few sources and decided to go with stump root. Worked like a charm and then a few reddit comments helped me with the rest. Now I'm back up and running thankfully. Funny thing is I had no intention of rooting my G3.

That being said, how do I remove the bloatware? Figured I might as well clean it up a bit now. Any help would be appreciated.

How does rooting the phone allow you to continue your data on T-Mobile?

How does rooting the phone allow you to continue your data on T-Mobile?

Rooting plus hotspot app removes the restrictions

OP you can use titanium backup to remove those apps. if inwere I would just flash a stock Rom from xda with it removed already

Appreciate it Superb.

I don't really know all the intricacies to give you a detailed response, Rillo. What I do know is when you root there are certain apps that allow you to either bypass carrier limits altogether or make it look like you're simply using regular data. Maybe one of the vets in here can give you more info.

Last edited:
How you guys feel about wearables? ...I down even own a watch but I want wearable and don't even know why.

Alot of gaudy options are coming out like the samsung gear s, im really considering purchasing one.

How you guys feel about wearables? ...I down even own a watch but I want wearable and don't even know why.

Alot of gaudy options are coming out like the samsung gear s, im really considering purchasing one.

Dat marketing, dat hype. :pimp:

Last I checked I was still able to pull my phone out of my pocket to tell the time & check notifications, so I'll continue doing that.
$250 my *** :x :smh:, maybe if they were $50 they'd be a nice little accessory but I'm not paying more than a freaking moto g for something that can't even do half of the things that does.

inb4 "you don't get it grandpa, step ya bread up, bet you said the same thing about dial up"

Last edited:

Dat marketing, dat hype. :pimp:

Last I checked I was still able to pull my phone out of my pocket to tell the time & check notifications, so I'll continue doing that.
$250 my *** :x :smh:, maybe if they were $50 they'd be a nice little accessory but I'm not paying more than a freaking moto g for something that can't even do half of the things that does.

inb4 "you don't get it grandpa, step ya bread up, bet you said the same thing about dial up"

In my office pulling out my Note 3 is not acceptable at my desk, I do need a watch btw and if it do all that other stuff, then cool ...I don't think its hype IMO b/c I just love technology anyway.

I figure instead of upgrading my note 3, just get a watch, I can just skip out on pair of kicks and get it.

In my office pulling out my Note 3 is not acceptable at my desk, I do need a watch btw and if it do all that other stuff, then cool ...I don't think its hype IMO b/c I just love technology anyway.

I figure instead of upgrading my note 3, just get a watch, I can just skip out on pair of kicks and get it.

If you need a watch then sure but my hype comment is more about people who would have previously said that they had no need for a traditional watch because they can just pull out their phone and check the time and all of a sudden want to drop $250+ on a watch because it all of a sudden became an inconvenience for them to check the time or notifications via their phone. And I definitely wouldn't spend that these gen 1 products.

those watches are a fad.. since Apple finally released theirs, in a year or 2 won't hear anything about these watches anymore

OPO definitely is the best phone I've owned. Came from a HTC one m7. How all my phones end up anyway with stock android.

Is it possible to stop the normal ringer from ringing when I get a Google voice call?

The hangouts will ring, I'll pick up and then the normal phone ringer will ring while I'm on the call and it's super annoying/loud

Last edited:
I have a question, I think i'm going to cancel my pre order for the Iphone 6 plus(suppose to arrive on 10/14) and get the Galaxy Note 4, which is suppose to come out on 10/17. What I want to know is, if I go in a Verizon store on that day, would it be any chaos of getting one like getting a Iphone?

I have a question, I think i'm going to cancel my pre order for the Iphone 6 plus(suppose to arrive on 10/14) and get the Galaxy Note 4, which is suppose to come out on 10/17. What I want to know is, if I go in a Verizon store on that day, would it be any chaos of getting one like getting a Iphone?
Ehhhh shouldn't be I don't think.

Back
Top Bottom