• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I've used those kind of batteries before and in the long run you get what you pay for. They quickly lose their capacitance(You can get a good 4-7 months out of them before they start faltering) and your phone will start to randomly lose 15-40% of its battery while the phone is on. Sometimes it will just randomly shut off. When you turn it back on the battery will show around 3% battery life when just moments ago it showed 40-60%.

Head over to the XDA message board. I believe some guys over there had luck sourcing batteries directly from LG for something like $18-20. That's really really cheap in my experience for an OEM battery.

Last edited:
I've used those kind of batteries before and in the long run you get what you pay for. They quickly lose their capacitance(You can get a good 4-7 months out of them before they start faltering) and your phone will start to randomly lose 15-40% of its battery while the phone is on. Sometimes it will just randomly shut up. When you turn it back on the battery will show around 3% battery life when just moments ago it showed 40-60%.

Head over to the XDA message board. I believe some guys over there had luck sourcing batteries directly from LG for something like $18-20. That's really really cheap in my experience for an OEM battery.
Thanks man, did they get bigger sized batterys?

Is that weird andoid is using more then my quad HD screen? Most things are turned off

Stock Android is so smooth. I was tempted to get the IPhone 6 plus but my Nexus 5 is still running good.

After long deliberation, decided to not get the iPhone 6 and scoop the M8.

What's the best way to sync music?

Just found out I'll be getting an S4... for free. 
smokin.gif

I have an original Galaxy, and just like my cars, I run things until they are falling apart. This Galaxy... is falling apart. 
laugh.gif
 I've got alltell, and they're switching over to AT&T, so I've been asking friends if anyone has an AT&T S3 or S4 I could buy. Cheapest I got was an S4 for $175 from this dude at work, but he backed out, then a couple days later I get this letter from AT&T that (basically) said "The switch you've been hearing about is complete in your area. Your current alltell Galaxy won't work. Pick a new one," and the pamphlet gave me choices. First choice was the S4, in red, white, or black (red, ftw!).

Customer service said the shipping will start for crossover customers on Sept 30, and I should get the S4 within a week or 2.

I'm not one to stay up on the latest and greatest, so this is awesome. 
smokin.gif
 I got this Galaxy a little while after the S2 came out, like a few months before the S3 came out. Had an iPhone 4s before that, and was SUPER happy w/ this.

Can't wait. 
smokin.gif
 Been reading some of the stuff you guys have been talking about, like Google Now.

^ Most definitely Team Droid, man. Just never posted in here because I'm nowhere NNNNEEEAAARRR as tech savvy as you guys. I mean, I've got a Galaxy, and aside from it crashing like twice a day, I'm ok w/ it. 
laugh.gif

Can't the S4 do a split screen? Like I could have a text conversation on the top half, and like my checkbook app on the bottom half?

And does the S4 have that 'hover' thing, where you can answer a call by hovering your dirty hands over the screen like if you're cooking?

^ Most definitely Team Droid, man. Just never posted in here because I'm nowhere NNNNEEEAAARRR as tech savvy as you guys. I mean, I've got a Galaxy, and aside from it crashing like twice a day, I'm ok w/ it. :lol:

Can't the S4 do a split screen? Like I could have a text conversation on the top half, and like my checkbook app on the bottom half?

And does the S4 have that 'hover' thing, where you can answer a call by hovering your dirty hands over the screen like if you're cooking?
ska :nerd: welcome to the thread

i wish i could help. i've never used an s4 but i think it has those features (or at least there's a way to get them).

edit: :pimp: at the LOST sig. we have to go back!

Last edited:
Do any of you guys use apps to track the distance you exercise and how many calories you've burned? What do you use?

I've been using My Tracks but wondering if there are potentially better options.

Last edited:
Picked up an LG G3 phone is dope probably best android device out. Is there a way to add emoji to the stock keyboard?

Last edited:
iPhone 6 is a game changer. You forget how many people have an iPad and an Android phone. Alot of my family members only have Android because they wanted a bigger screen.

i don't eem remember how I got emojis on mine.. Not sure if it comes with keyboard or messaging app.. And yeah the 6+ is indeed nice and something I'll buy when i can just walk in and get one. I'm one of them folks with android and and iPad because iPads are best tablets out easy

i don't eem remember how I got emojis on mine.. Not sure if it comes with keyboard or messaging app.. And yeah the 6+ is indeed nice and something I'll buy when i can just walk in and get one. I'm one of them folks with android and and iPad because iPads are best tablets out easy

I use mainly ios but have no issues with Android it's just minor things that prevent me from using it as a daily driver. G3 is the best android device I've used but still little things that I prefer on ios

23Ska, here's tips on the s4

Lucky, it should be preinstalled. hold onto the enter button. I'm on Pacman Rom 4.4.4 right now so idk bout dat stock keyboard

enjoy da G3 man. :smokin

Last edited:
Do any of you guys use apps to track the distance you exercise and how many calories you've burned? What do you use?

I've been using My Tracks but wondering if there are potentially better options.
I just use Nike running because a ton of other people have it and I compete with them on miles ran...

In second place with 12 miles ran this month.

And my girl is 3rd with 9

:pimp: :pimp:

23Ska, here's tips on the s4

Lucky, it should be preinstalled. hold onto the enter button. I'm on Pacman Rom 4.4.4 right now so idk bout dat stock keyboard

enjoy da G3 man. :smokin

Yea it's a great device if I wasn't tied to the Apple ecosystem I wouldn't really have a problem going to it full time, very smooth, but like I said few things on Android that prevent me from wanting to use it 100 percent. The Gs5 seemed way to bogged down with all the extra stuff in touch wiz

Back
Top Bottom