• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That might be the difference then, for the most part I don't really use my phone until 5-6pm after being up since 9am. I'm at work all day so I don't do much browsing on my phone

Anyone have the g3?

Might trade my nexus 5 in for it but want to get a little insight

I'm on t mobile btw so i know the g3 had an unlocked bootloader. I would flash an aosp rom on it
yeah i got the g3. what do you wanna know about it, tough guy?

You gotta utilize those "Saver" profiles. I got one when I get into work where it cuts off my GPS (which otherwise is always on),wifi, bluetooth, auto-sync, and haptic feedback and leaves only data and vibrate on. Also puts my normal never off screen time out to 30 secs and 20% brightness. And that profile gives me about 2-3 more hours additional to my battery which helps me get almost 13 hrs every now and again

Bluetooth should be off anyway until you need to use it.

I don't use haptic feedback at all, have it turned off.

I have auto sync off for everything as well.

Honestly these apps don't save you battery, they just change settings for you. Placebo IMO.

I'll take it. Can't ask for much more with this thing

Second or 3rd day with the new update..been good to me..these were taken last night before I plugged her on a charger. Anti I feel your pain brother. That's not terrible almost 4 hours.

Last edited:
Chrome beta or regular Chrome? And if you say beta, is your history still synced across multiple devices?

No complaints about my G3 besides the fact that it's a struggle to use one handed because of the bulky case I added on there :lol:

Just received an s5 through my job, still getting used to it. I tried the fingerprint scanner a few times and it worked perfectly, I ended up disabling it tho. I also got the fitness watch, which plan to use but I'm gonna have to get familiar with it. Phone is smooth so far, can't believe how light it is.

yeah i got the g3. what do you wanna know about it, tough guy?
How's it feel? Is there lag

Battery life and the os lg has on it
for a phone of its size it's pretty light, thin and easy to hold - that's the first thing that struck me

the second thing that struck me after i turned it on was the amazing resolution

as far as the battery life - i easily get at least half a day's worth (12+ hours) with considerable usage throughout that day. i don't worry at all about running out of power (i used to have an iphone which would run out after like 3-4 hours) and i use social media sites as well as chrome quite a bit throughout the day. i have noticed that gaming sucks more life out of the battery but that has a lot to do with the screen ya know? the best thing is how quickly it recharges. you can fully recharge the battery in two like hours or less

i haven't felt any unusual lag to tell you the truth. you can usually see this happen on continually scrollable sites with a lot of phones, but it's been pretty smooth. the lg user interface is pretty clean too (like settings and stuff like that). it's well laid out and easy to maneuver around

i've had it since the week it was launched (nearly two months now) & i'm very happy with it. solid phone. 

for a phone of its size it's pretty light, thin and easy to hold - that's the first thing that struck me

the second thing that struck me after i turned it on was the amazing resolution

as far as the battery life - i easily get at least half a day's worth (12+ hours) with considerable usage throughout that day. i don't worry at all about running out of power (i used to have an iphone which would run out after like 3-4 hours) and i use social media sites as well as chrome quite a bit throughout the day. i have noticed that gaming sucks more life out of the battery but that has a lot to do with the screen ya know? the best thing is how quickly it recharges. you can fully recharge the battery in two like hours or less

i haven't felt any unusual lag to tell you the truth. you can usually see this happen on continually scrollable sites with a lot of phones, but it's been pretty smooth. the lg user interface is pretty clean too (like settings and stuff like that). it's well laid out and easy to maneuver around

i've had it since the week it was launched (nearly two months now) & i'm very happy with it. solid phone. 

Repped. I tried one out and its feels nice in my hand. Thought it would be huge but it feels nice. Everything you said holds up

I have an issue with my email app (s4, AT&T) any kind of help would be appreciated.

I get my work emails on the email app. The problem is when I hit backspace to delete a word, the cursor would skip the word(s) I want to delete and then jump back and delete some lines and sentences I dont want erased. For example, if I wanted to delete the last word on the paragraph, If I hold delete it would automatically jump back to the first line of the paragraph. Any way I can fix that? This is annoying. Thanks in advance.

I have an issue with my email app (s4, AT&T) any kind of help would be appreciated.

I get my work emails on the email app. The problem is when I hit backspace to delete a word, the cursor would skip the word(s) I want to delete and then jump back and delete some lines and sentences I dont want erased. For example, if I wanted to delete the last word on the paragraph, If I hold delete it would automatically jump back to the first line of the paragraph. Any way I can fix that? This is annoying. Thanks in advance.

Don't know of a fix, but my phone does the same thing when I'm on NT Mobile. It's weird.

I have a G2 btw

Motorola is widely expected to build the next Nexus smartphone, and various reports have provided details about its actual name, price and launch schedule. TKTechNews and Phone Arena have now seemingly received information revealing the Nexus 6 will actually be called the Nexus X. The phone should start selling this fall, before October, and could cost up to $499.99 in the U.S. and €419.99 in Europe.

TKTechNews has posted images showing two store listings that mentioned the Nexus X product name for the Motorola Nexus smartphone – which apparently is known internally as the XT1100. Fnac Portugal and Best Buy already have alleged Nexus X pages for the product that list the price of the device and specs.

Fnac has apparently revealed the device’s price in Europe, although the retailer removed the page – believed by some to be a fake. Shortly after, Best Buy had apparently posted images obtained by TKTechNews that reveal the phone will be available from Sprint. Strangely, the price of the device is listed at $499.99 with a two-year contract with Sprint.

However, the two leaked images do not agree on certain specs, with Fnac listing what looks like a 6.3-inch display for the handset, while Best Buy mentions a 5.9-inch 2K display that’s more in line with what previous leaks claimed.

Best Buy also reveals the phone will run Android LMP (Lemon Meringue Pie) and will pack some new Motorola software including Moto Skip and Moto Aware.

Meanwhile, Phone Arena says it learned that Nexus X is currently the internal name for the Nexus 6, although Nexus X is also “most likely” to become to official name of the XT1100.

The publication says Google is avoiding the Nexus 6 name in order not to risk any legal troubles – the Nexus-6 is the name of androids in Philip K. ****’s Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? story which may be better known as Blade Runner to movie fans.

Phone Arena also says that Google will launch the Nexus X on or around Halloween, without an actual announcement, just like last year.

Various reports have recently claimed that Google’s upcoming new Nexus device will not be called the Nexus 6 as expected, but instead will get a unique Nexus X moniker. TKTechNews, one of the sources of previous leaks, has returned with more information about the Motorola Nexus X, listing several AnTuTu benchmark screenshots for the handset, which seem to reveal an important new detail about Android L.

The screenshots mention several hardware details for the Nexus X that were rumored before, including a 2K display, 2.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage and 13-megapixel camera.

The images also identify the model as a Nexus X for Google, provide a 35,430 AnTuTu score for it, and list Android version as “5.0,” a detail Google is yet to confirm about Android L.

Considering the major changes coming with Android L – especially the new Material Design lines – Google is expected to move from Android 4.4.x (KitKat) to Android 5.0 (L), rather than make a small jump to Android 4.5. Assuming the images are genuine, this Nexus X benchmark seems to confirm what Google did not say on stage at Google I/O – that Android L will mark it’s move from Android 4.x (used since Ice Cream Sandwich) to Android 5.x.

A different report, extracting information from various sources, revealed that the “L” could stand for Lemon Meringue Pie.

5.9 in screen seems a bit much. But the specs in a nexus are great. Hopefully they fix the battery.

^^^

You know they won't...

Dead serious when I say this...

The nexus 5 would've been the best phone since the S3...

IF THE BATTERY DIDN'T SUCK BALLS.

Perfect size (in my opinion) between the large phones and smaller iPhones

Great looking screen...

The camera was meh, but its a phone with a camera, not a camera with a phone...

They dropped the ball with that battery.

Seriously tried the DU battery saver last night. Had 100% full charged before I went to sleep, woke up this morning to 75% battery. That was with the "saver" mode on while I slept. :smh:

I don't like that the screen is 5.9", but the next Nexus will be definitely be purchased. The Nexus 5 is still my favorite phone I have used in the past few years. I hope the X still has a textured back like the 5. With a screen that big you're going to need it.

Back
Top Bottom