• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for that keyboard link Nawz :pimp:

Np. It's not really working for me ytho :lol:

For some reason it looks like this
hwbygp.jpg

Gonna load up another rom and see how it goes.

does anyone have a sony z1? how is the battery on that phone?

I'm looking to buy a new android but i need good battery, any suggestions?

I wanna try out the new keyboard but not really a fan of how the emojis look :lol: :lol:
The Android emojis look the same to me. Unless u mean compared to Apple emojis. But aren't you using an Android phone? They use the same ones but different drawings.

BTW, using it now. This is just Google keyboard with a different theme :lol: Going back to Swiftkey...

Last edited:
Android 5.0 (L release) is set to change standard for Media: Audio & Video. Photographers & Audiophiles will rejoice the improvements.
Android 5.0 adds a large number of features to the API that will enable developers build much more power applications than ever before. Now you can have full Manual control over each camera parameter.

1. DNG ( Digital Negative Image) aka RAW Image:

This is huge. Android would now support DNG (or RAW) images out of the box. What this means is upcoming Android camera apps would be able to create RAW image along with PNG, JPEG for every shot. Photographers can take this RAW file into Photoshop or Lightroom for adding further magic to them, and bypass smartphone’s poor Noise correction algorithms.
More on DNG:

DNG images have very minimal processing applied and exhibit basically the same compression as RAW files, meaning you’re getting all of the data the sensor captures instead of letting the image processor do the work of trimming things down and adjusting the image to what it perceives as a desirable result.
From the Android’s Camera API documentation:

The DngCreator class provides functions to write raw pixel data as a DNG file.

This class is designed to be used with the RAW_SENSOR buffers available fromCameraDevice, or with Bayer-type raw pixel data that is otherwise generated by an application. The DNG metadata tags will be generated from a CaptureResultobject or set directly.

The DNG file format is a cross-platform file format that is used to store pixel data from camera sensors with minimal pre-processing applied. DNG files allow for pixel data to be defined in a user-defined colorspace, and have associated metadata that allow for this pixel data to be converted to the standard CIE XYZ colorspace during post-processing.

For more information on the DNG file format and associated metadata, please refer to the Adobe DNG 1.4.0.0 specification

2. Faster, limited only by hardware
The Camera 2 API delivers full resolution images Realtime (i.e. same speed the hardware can capture) A Fully synchronized pipeline mode enables that. In layman’s terms, it can take the best out of the camera hardware, despite what OEM might set limits for in software. e.g. Nexus 5 can capture photos at 30 FPS at it’s hardware maximum resolution of 8 megapixels.

3. Brust Mode
Like mentioned above, API now enables App developers to burst capture photos with no delay. You can set target FPS rate you want to capture at, provided is supported by hardware.

4. Full Manual control

New Camera 2 API lets you take control over:
Exposure (duration in seconds)
Exposure compensation (+- 3)
ISO sensitivity (supported by hardware)
Manual focus / AF Trigger
Flash Trigger
AE / AF / AWB mode (Auto-exposure / Auto Focus / Auto white balance mode)
AE / AWB lock (Auto-exposure / Auto white balance lock)
Precapture AE
Hardware enabled Video stabilization
Metering regions
Tonemap curve
Color correction matrix
Frame duration
That’s a huge list of supported features. We can only imagine what kind of Photography apps for Android would arrive in future.

Read more: http://geeknizer.com/android-5-0-l-supports-pro-photography/#ixzz35xnZlKiU

Read more: http://geeknizer.com/android-5-0-l-supports-pro-photography/#ixzz35xnRefbC

Yea after I posted it, I thought about it and came to those conclusions but didn't feel like replying
laugh.gif

Be nice to watch them and every alert you get or anything you do while watching won't show up on the screen too.

Google gives you 100gb for free when you get a chromebook. So it kind of helps with not having a large internal HDD.

What chromebook did you go with? The Pixel is nice but overpriced. I see the HP 14 comes with 4G from T-Mobile for free for life.
no chromebook . HTC M8

What exactly is android tv? is it part of chromecast or will it be a box like amazon fire? and any release dates?

What exactly is android tv? is it part of chromecast or will it be a box like amazon fire? and any release dates?

Google’s latest smart TV platform, which replaces the disastrous Google TV, seems like a mash-up of its competitors, including Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV. It’s got apps like Netflix and Songza, a store for movies and TV shows and a selection of smaller-scale games to play. It’s yet another streaming video platform at a time when there’s no shortage of them.

It’s only when I looked a little closer that I started to grasp what Google is trying to do. Android TV is more ambitious than its simple interface lets on; the question is whether it can live up to its goals.

With Android TV, the idea is for users to spend less time thumbing through menus and more time being entertained. Instead of overwhelming users with options, the interface has just three parts: recommendations on top, apps in the middle and games on the bottom. When you use an app or play a game, it moves to the front of its respective section so it’s easier reach next time.

More importantly, the recommendations section fills up over time with suggestions from your favorite apps. If you watch a lot of YouTube, related clips will start to show up. If you buy a bunch of TV shows on Google Play, you’ll see more Google Play recommendations. If you have a television that runs Android TV and you watched Game of Thrones when it aired on HBO last week, Android TV can remind you to tune in for the next episode. There’s even an app for food delivery service Eat24, which can recommend meals you’ve ordered in the past.

Google sees these recommendations as the modern equivalent of flipping through a channel guide. The key is that every app is allowed to feed into Google TV’s recommendations system, so unlike the recommendations on other platforms, it’s not just a lazy, ham-fisted way to get you to buy more premium video.

Here’s the problem, though: Although Google wants all apps to feed into the recommendations section, they’re not required to do so, and there’s no guarantee that video providers will embrace what Google is trying to do. So while Netflix already has an app for Android TV, the recommendations section doesn’t show Netflix videos. That’s a huge loss for the whole concept, and if other major video providers follow the same path, Android TV won’t be all that unique. (For that matter, many big-name apps such as HBO Go, Hulu Plus, MLB.tv and WatchESPN weren’t part of the I/O demo at all, though it’s a little early to start fretting about app support.)

In a way, Android TV’s situation reminds me of Google TV, which had a lot of big ideas on how to unify content from cable and the web. Those ideas fell apart when video providers didn’t play along, blocking their content from Google TV outright.

The difference this time is that Android TV’s basic execution looks solid, so even if Google’s broader ambitions fall through, it still has a fast, simple TV platform for apps and games. And while that’s less interesting than a complete reinvention of the channel guide, it’s better than nothing.

The first Android TV set-top boxes are coming this fall, and televisions with Android TV built-in are coming from Sony, Sharp and TP Vision next year.

The developers.

I guess that one that's up on Amazon hasn't been updated in months.

It is free tho so .. Maybe I'll just get it for the tablet.

Back
Top Bottom