• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need a little help here guys. I have a couple questions......................I have a T-Mobile S4. I have a few questions about getting stock android rom on the device:

1) Can I put the stock android rom on the device WITHOUT rooting it? If so, how?

2) If I do have to root, how do I go about it? Seems that this latest update Tmo pushed out patched up the rooting method that was for mac OS (read it)

Im a full blown newbi to this android stuff............

Need a little help here guys. I have a couple questions......................I have a T-Mobile S4. I have a few questions about getting stock android rom on the device:

1) Can I put the stock android rom on the device WITHOUT rooting it? If so, how?

2) If I do have to root, how do I go about it? Seems that this latest update Tmo pushed out patched up the rooting method that was for mac OS (read it)

Im a full blown newbi to this android stuff............

You will first have to download the stock T-Mobile firmware and flash it using Odin.

You also have to download the Triangle away .apk so you can reset the counter back to 0. (This you only need to do if sending back for warranty or returning the phone.)

Let me go through my computer and find all the files you need and ill post them.

..................................................................................................................

Here are some links that might help:

http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware/ Here you can download the stock firmware

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2189539 Here you can download the latest version of Odin.

For the Triangle away .apk I use the 4shared app to download.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
You will first have to download the stock T-Mobile firmware and flash it using Odin.

You also have to download the Triangle away .apk so you can reset the counter back to 0. (This you only need to do if sending back for warranty or returning the phone.)

Let me go through my computer and find all the files you need and ill post them.

..................................................................................................................

http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware/ Here you can download the stock firmware

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2189539 Here you can download the latest version of Odin.

Hope this helps.

Good looks :pimp:

Can I do this from a mac?

Last edited:

Hope this helps.

Good looks :pimp:

Can I do this from a mac?

To be Honest i dont see why not, but not 100% sure on that.

I havent tried this method yet, but you can download "mobile odin" app from the app store or download the .apk from 4shared

download the stock firmware from the link posted and transfer the file to your phone.

and then flash it directly through your phone using "mobile odin"

again I havent tried this method but i seen youtube videos that show how to do it and seems to work just fine.

Note sure how to embed but here is a video on how to do it.

Last edited:
So if I'm ever sending in my phone to Samsung for warrenty I have to download that triangle away.apk?

Yes, this will reset the Binary flash counter back to 0.

Everytime you put your phone into custom recovery mode and flash with odin, the flash counter keeps track of the times you do this.

Rooting and flashing roms voids warranty, and im guessing Samsung can tell if you have rooted or flashed roms by checking the counter.

Even after you restore your device with the Stock firmware your Binary counter will stay at whatever # untill you run the triangle away app.

Triangle away will reset the counter to 0.

Last edited:
Yes, this will reset the Binary flash counter back to 0.

Everytime you put your phone into custom recovery mode and flash with odin, the flash counter keeps track of the times you do this.

Rooting and flashing roms voids warranty, and im guessing Samsung can tell if you have rooted or flashed roms by checking the counter.

Triangle away will reset the counter to 0.
Alright I'll keep that in mind cause u have a loose home button on my s4 that's really annoying and makes cracking noises evetytime I push it I've been wanting to send it in

You'll lose everything app-wise going from 4.2-4.3 but you'll get it back with no data. Titanium is not compatible with 4.3

Wipe, install, start fresh

TB is compatible with 4.3. Just go to menu>preferences>backup folder>whole device> and choose legacy. It worked for me at least, Paranoid Android on the nexus 4. Give it a shot.

Hi all, this is my 2nd week with the HTC one 64g and i am quite happy with it. Taking a look at these specs should this be the battery life im expecting? i took the phone off the charger at around 6am and went to the gym and had spotify playing for about an hour. Im thinking thats what the wakelocks are coming from? im not sure. Also should my on screen time be better? the radio might be killing my battery im not sure because when i worked from 12-830pm my job pretty much has crap reception so maybe thats why the radio is so high as well? any suggestions?

[hide]

[/hide]

im really wondering why the radio is 17% though. i mean my job has crappy reception so maybe the searching for a signal is draining it?

also shouldnt the screen time be more like 3 hours?

That searching for radio is not so much. That's what's probably eating away at your battery.
Still good for a One though.

Just got an email from HTC saying the red one coming to sprint exclusively.

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td] [/td][td]
[table][tr][td]Buy One Get One[/td][/tr][tr][td]
ImageProxy.mvc
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]
ImageProxy.mvc
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
ImageProxy.mvc
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
ImageProxy.mvc
[/td][td] [/td][td]
ImageProxy.mvc
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
ImageProxy.mvc
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
Moto X for AT&T August 23

200 for 16gb

250 for 32gb.

moto maker launches same date.

other carriers will prolly announce next week for moto x.

When I try to upload pictures with my S3 via Chrome to Niketalk I get "unable to complete previous operation due to low memory" message

I have over 24 gb free on my internal memory and about 7 gb free on my SD card...what gives? :nerd:

When I try to upload pictures with my S3 via Chrome to Niketalk I get "unable to complete previous operation due to low memory" message

I have over 24 gb free on my internal memory and about 7 gb free on my SD card...what gives? :nerd:
ram. Also the Samsung sync thingy was gobbling up memory, I ended up disabling it.

Go to settings> storage>misc files and see if there is something stupid taking up a bunch of memory. You'll know it if it's larger than 500 mb

Last edited:
This is an old trick, but I'm sure many don't know about it:
Never physically enter your voicemail password again. Under phone options, change you voicemail number to
(your phone number),, #(your password) and it will input your pin automatically.

For example
(251)123-4567,,#1234

Back
Top Bottom