• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well it didn't say they had no idea of it existing. the article says they weren't shown the code for it until it got revealed. i'm sure they've heard rumors of it and known it was coming. Google probably wanted the nexus 7 to have all the shine of having 4.3 out of the box.
They had atleast 2 weeks to play with the 4.3 Nexus 4 and S4 roms that leaked

[h1]HTC One Max gets sized up in new leaked photo[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Aug 06 2013 | 5:52 am  | 52 COMMENTS

one-max.jpg

[h3]Large phone is large[/h3]
We got our first look  at what's probably HTC's big-screened One Max  over the weekend, and now the source of that leak, Taiwanese site ePrice, is back with another comparative photo. In the latest image, the 5.9-inch HTC phone is pitted against the Motorola XT882, a device with a humble 4-inch display. As you can see, the difference in size is pretty ridiculous — the Motorola phone doesn't even cover the enormous screen of the One Max.

The image also gives us a closer look at the Max's hardware, and it seems HTC may have opted for aOne Mini-style plastic trim rather than the chamfered metal edges of the regular HTC One. We can also see what might be a SIM tray on the left edge, and an off-center microUSB port is revealed by the presence of a charging cable.

Purported specs for the One Max point to it being the most powerful HTC phone we've seen so far, with Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 800 chip running the show. Android Central  understands that the Max is targeted for a September release, so we're still around a month out from actually being able to buy HTC's largest handset yet.

Source: ePrice

Last edited:
Had an iPhone for the past 6 years and I switched over to the S4 on Sunday. So far I absolutely love it. Crazy learning curve tho. Messed with it for about 3-4 hours yesterday and customizing it to my liking. My only gripe is that there isn't a way to get to the camera from the lock screen (I have a pin password). Hopefully, there will be a fix in the near future. I got tired of Apple releasing the same product over and over. I'll use this phone for the next 2 years or so and then figure out what to do when the contract is up.

CLEAN

Why the Moto X isn’t shipping with the latest version of Android

One of the more puzzling aspects of Motorola’s big Moto X launch last week was why the device won’t be shipping with the latest version of Android even though Motorola is owned by Google. In an interview with AllThingsD, Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside reveals why the Moto X isn’t getting Android 4.3 right away: Because Google never bothered showing it to Motorola while it was being developed. In fact, Woodside claims that the first time Motorola even got a look at the Android 4.3 code was after Google unveiled it alongside the new Nexus 7 tablet last month. It goes without saying that this is somewhat odd, especially because Google is spending $500 million to make the Moto X a hit and it would make sense for the device to be a showcase for the latest version of Android.
This makes ZERO sense.

Your telling me, a corporation, as huge as Motorola, had NO IDEA about 4.3 until a few weeks ago? ****. I don't believe that **** for NOTHING. How can nobody at that facility know about it, even leaks of it? :x

Now, even if I took your word for it (which I won't), this is BAD ****** BUSINESS right here. How does your parent company NOT tell you about its latest OS, and ontop of that the CEO is parading around with it weeks before 4.3 is announced and not say, "Hey guys, we have this new OS, it's 4.3, it would be swell on this device".

Somebody lying man, we're not stupid Moto :smh:

well it didn't say they had no idea of it existing. the article says they weren't shown the code for it until it got revealed. i'm sure they've heard rumors of it and known it was coming. Google probably wanted the nexus 7 to have all the shine of having 4.3 out of the box.

what id like to know is, if moto is owned by google, what is the point of pushing out this alleged google play edition moto x? the phone comes essentially stock right out of the box. reviews released today say the phone has zero performance issues, so i don't see the point.

if google runs moto, they should have no problem pushing out updates so it just dawned on me that maybe the point of GPE phones is to reduce or almost eliminate the delay of updates to the phone, eliminating the middle men phone carriers. did i get that? that is the only reason i can think of since the x is stock android.

Last edited:
what id like to know is, if moto is owned by google, what is the point of pushing out this alleged google play edition moto x? the phone comes essentially stock right out of the box. reviews released today say the phone has zero performance issues, so i don't see the point.

if google runs moto, they should have no problem pushing out updates so it just dawned on me that maybe the point of GPE phones is to reduce or almost eliminate the delay of updates to the phone, eliminating the middle men phone carriers. did i get that? that is the only reason i can think of since the x is stock android.

Google bought Motorola for patents and that's it. If google could sell Motorola and just keep its patents it would

Thanks right now I'm using apex, do I need to upgrade to apex Pro?

You might need to. I am running Apex Pro and I know I have an option to remove the status bar and/or dock at the bottom as well. When you go into apps it will pop back though, which really doesn't bother me.

Here is the option and what my homescreen looks like. Yea I jacked that UCCW clock too :lol:

can I get that background?

please and thank you.

Had an iPhone for the past 6 years and I switched over to the S4 on Sunday. So far I absolutely love it. Crazy learning curve tho. Messed with it for about 3-4 hours yesterday and customizing it to my liking. My only gripe is that there isn't a way to get to the camera from the lock screen (I have a pin password). Hopefully, there will be a fix in the near future. I got tired of Apple releasing the same product over and over. I'll use this phone for the next 2 years or so and then figure out what to do when the contract is up.
Some custom roms allow you to access the camera from the lock screen (cyanogenmod for sure and probably others). You may also be able to get that functionality by using a custom launcher.

Last edited:
Was gonna cop the One over the weekend, but upgrade got pushed back to November.  Oh well, now I can weigh my options.  That boomsound and build quality is what I like, but i do also like what the Moto x is doing with the hands free usage.  Butterfly S should be out to US by then, One Max, new sony, new iPhone, etc

Still not bad tho.
And bigger than the note3.
as someone who has always had htc phones (from before android too) with the exception of the xperia x1a (before android reached donut) and the n4, even I was shocked when I got a note 2. Getting the note 10.1 first is what convinced me.the stupid pen is actually so much more useful than I expected.

[h1]HTC One in beautiful blue casing shows up in press images[/h1]

By Andrew Martonik   | Aug 06 2013 | 4:39 pm  | 43 COMMENTS

[h3]No details on price or availability, naturally.[/h3]
We've seen it in grey, black and red. We've even seen it in 24-carat gold. But how do you feel about an HTC One coated in a cool blue finish? If press images leaked out by @evleaks  are to be believed, a blue variant of the HTC One will be hitting store shelves some time this year.

As you can see above the phone looks no different than your standard HTC One, but all of its aluminum is now a fine matte blue color with black plastic accents and a silver "Beats Audio" branding on the bottom. We personally think it looks quite stylish, but who knows where or when it will be made available.

Source: @evleaks

Back
Top Bottom