• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]Actually some of the biggest news as far as messaging for Android is the fact that BBM (Blackberry Messenger) is coming to Android!!! For a lot of people the sole reason why they kept their BB's so long was because of BBM. I've met so many bad chicks in person from BBM, not to mention it's just a great service all-around.[/COLOR]

"It's time to bring BBM to a greater audience, no matter what mobile device they carry," said BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins.

[COLOR=#red]The free BBM app is expected to arrive on iOS and Android sometime this summer. [/COLOR]Compatible Android devices will need to run Android 4.0 and later, while iOS devices with iOS 6 and up will be able to take advantage of BlackBerry's messaging service. Both apps will of course need to pass Google and Apple's approval process first.

Eventually, BlackBerry plans to bring the full BBM experience to iOS and Android, including voice and screen share. But the app will initially only offer messaging and groups.

[COLOR=#red]Great thing about Blackberry Messenger is that Crackberry.com has a forum where people exchange BBM PINS so you can meet new people. They have all types of BBM groups...I joined one from Crackberry called Single African-Americans and met so many chicks that I actually met up with...too freakin easy :rofl:

Here's the link[/COLOR]
http://forums.crackberry.com/discover-bbm-groups-f159/

[COLOR=#red]Yeah it can be a sausage fest, but you can find some nice chicks there and the pic exchange is instant. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
Only thing is, Google shouldve had the feature from start.  Or either waited until they added SMS to release it.  That wouldve made the announcement bigger and given it the momentum to push for wide adoption of Hangouts.  I feel that by the time they add SMS this new Hangouts will be forgotten unless they actually advertise it....maybe with a new Nexus?.  

Why release half of an app at your yearly Conference?  Honestly Google I/O has been kind of underwhelming so far...

[COLOR=#red]Actually some of the biggest news as far as messaging for Android is the fact that BBM (Blackberry Messenger) is coming to Android!!! For a lot of people the sole reason why they kept their BB's so long was because of BBM. I've met so many bad chicks in person from BBM, not to mention it's just a great service all-around.[/COLOR]

A couple years ago would of been exciting. Now its kinda w/e.

I personally use Whatsapp for txt people out of US. And theres kik and others out there as well.
Even GoogleHangouts now should be sufficient for people.

A BBM app now will only be useful for old long time BB users, 4-5 years ago, I'm pretty sure people that never used a blackberry would of jumped on that app quick.

Only thing is, Google shouldve had the feature from start.  Or either waited until they added SMS to release it.  That wouldve made the announcement bigger and given it the momentum to push for wide adoption of Hangouts.  I feel that by the time they add SMS this new Hangouts will be forgotten unless they actually advertise it....maybe with a new Nexus?.  

Why release half of an app at your yearly Conference?  Honestly Google I/O has been kind of underwhelming so far...
It basically was the first step in a rollout. Its purpose now was to combine their GoogleTalk, Google Messenger, and already the Google Hangouts from + together in one app. SMS should be easy enough. Assuming they set up the contact list to be like it is in gmail and previously in talk app, messenger should still be used as much as Talk was, and if they had SMS now and it was bad to start, then people would drop it and never pick it back up. If they get everything right after a few fixes and updates, then they can add SMS so everyone that was waiting on that will have the app when its fully complete.

Last edited:
Lol man ain't NOBODY checking for BBM because NOBODY uses it anymore. Google should have BEEN had SMS integration with gtalk/hangouts. The reason BBM and iMessage work so good is because you don't have to download and install anything it's already there!

I personally use Whatsapp for txt people out of US. And theres kik and others out there as well.

A BBM app now will only be useful for old long time BB users, 4-5 years ago, I'm pretty sure people that never used a blackberry would of jumped on that app quick.

It basically was the first step in a rollout. Its purpose now was to combine their GoogleTalk, Google Messenger, and already the Google Hangouts from + together in one app. SMS should be easy enough. Assuming they set up the contact list to be like it is in gmail and previously in talk app, messenger should still be used as much as Talk was, and if they had SMS now and it was bad to start, then people would drop it and never pick it back up. If they get everything right after a few fixes and updates, then they can add SMS so everyone that was waiting on that will have the app when its fully complete.

They also confirmed that Google Voice will be integrated as well in the future.

Lol man ain't NOBODY checking for BBM because NOBODY uses it anymore. Google should have BEEN had SMS integration with gtalk/hangouts. The reason BBM and iMessage work so good is because you don't have to download and install anything it's already there!

[COLOR=#red]BBM is still alive and active. Lucky, I'm going to need you to start posting like you have at least the minimum amount of information. You tend to talk out of your *** a bit too much and try to pass it off as knowledge.[/COLOR]

Lol mane I'm tempted to cop a s4 when I get back from the gym but I know I will find everything I don't like about it and return it. Tmobile doesn't have the black one and I'm just iffy about the HTC one more and more I read about it even though I think it's the better device for the tech savvy the s4 is the better avg consumer device

[COLOR=#red]BBM is still alive and active. Lucky, I'm going to need you to start posting like you have at least the minimum amount of information. You tend to talk out of your *** a bit too much and try to pass it off as knowledge.[/COLOR]

Lol you are probably 15-20 years my senior so yes BBM is active in your circle of friends. Only people that use BBM is for work bro. If you plan on using BBM on the iPhone to chat with your old co workers on their work phones have fun. I bet we can make a poll right now on who is using BBM on this sit and it will be far less than 10 percent of this site.

[COLOR=#red]The professional world still uses Blackberry believe it or not since it's one of the most secure platforms. People with BB's still use BBM and the BBM community is still thriving. I haven't had me BB in a few years but I'll definitely be using BBM on my Android...more than a few people will likely do the same...new users don't have to flock to it.[/COLOR]

Lol you are probably 15-20 years my senior so yes BBM is active in your circle of friends. Only people that use BBM is for work bro. If you plan on using BBM on the iPhone to chat with your old co workers on their work phones have fun. I bet we can make a poll right now on who is using BBM on this sit and it will be far less than 10 percent of this site.

[COLOR=#red]My peer group extends from 20 and up, there you go speaking about something you don't know about bro. You are a pro at that actually.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]My peer group extends from 20 and up, there you go speaking about something you don't know about bro. You are a pro at that actually.[/COLOR]

so majority of your peer group is using BBM right on their personal devices ? Lol bruh why are you lying to me? How am I talking out my butt when windows phone has surpassed blackberry market share? LOL ANDROID HAS 75% MARKET SHARE HOW IS BBM ALIVE AND THRIVING WHEN NOBODY OWNS BLACKBERRIES? You clearly have to speaking in the literal sense that BBM is active as in it still works if you try to send one out. Heck I'm sure there are more people using iMessage than there are BBM users. I HIGHLY doubt anyone is on the edge of their seats saying thank you base god I can now use my HTC one to BBM my manager because he is the only one on my contact list with a blackberry.

so majority of your peer group is using BBM right on their personal devices ? Lol bruh why are you lying to me? How am I talking out my butt when windows phone has surpassed blackberry market share? LOL ANDROID HAS 75% MARKET SHARE HOW IS BBM ALIVE AND THRIVING WHEN NOBODY OWNS BLACKBERRIES? You clearly have to speaking in the literal sense that BBM is active as in it still works if you try to send one out. Heck I'm sure there are more people using iMessage than there are BBM users. I HIGHLY doubt anyone is on the edge of their seats saying thank you base god I can now use my HTC one to BBM my manager because he is the only one on my contact list with a blackberry.

[COLOR=#red]I didn't say a majority of my peer group uses BBM, but I have more than a few who do, and that's because their work devices are BB's they also have their own personal phones. One of my boys is only 22 and works as a fed for the FDIC, he has his work BB and his personal iPhone. He still uses BBM to communicate with his peeps as well as his iPhone. It has definitely been surpassed, but dead it is not. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I didn't say a majority of my peer group uses BBM, but I have more than a few who do, and that's because their work devices are BB's they also have their own personal phones. One of my boys is only 22 and works as a fed for the FDIC, he has his work BB and his personal iPhone. He still uses BBM to communicate with his peeps as well as his iPhone. It has definitely been surpassed, but dead it is not. [/COLOR]

Of course bro, like I said in the literal sense of course it's still being used, heck at my job blackberries are our official work device even though we just started doing BYOB, but heck even in the corporate realm blackberry is declining, when I worked for VZW we closed a huge government contract for iPads and iPhones and a big renewal with Wells Fargo corporate bringing them from blackberries to iPhones.

white nexus 4 coming 6/10 with android 4.3
[article=""]

It looks like the white Nexus 4  is real! The folks at Android Central  have obtained a white Nexus 4 from Google at I/O and have confirmed a release date: it’s coming June 10th! Our suspicions were correct as far as saying that the new color is just a mid year refresh. And boy does it look good.

Not only that, but this new Nexus 4 comes with a new version of Android to match: Android 4.3. It’s just another version of Jelly Bean, and may be the smallest update yet. We know pretty much nothing about it, but it’s rumored that it will get Bluetooth low power support. Otherwise, nothing else is really known for sure. We hope it’ll contain the standard improvements in UI, with better animations and more logical button placement (as every update so far has done).

Since the Nexus 4 in white is coming June 10th, the update rollout for other Nexus 4′s and maybe even other Nexus devices should start around there. We’re excited to see what Google has in store for us with this update, and we love the idea of a white Nexus 4 (especially with a black front!). Would you buy the white model?
[/article]

[COLOR=#red]The professional world still uses Blackberry believe it or not since it's one of the most secure platforms. People with BB's still use BBM and the BBM community is still thriving. I haven't had me BB in a few years but I'll definitely be using BBM on my Android...more than a few people will likely do the same...new users don't have to flock to it.[/COLOR]

You realize that is what I just said? Old BlackBerry users will use it, new users aren't as likely to.
If they did it a few years ago new users would have flocked to it. That was point I was trying to make.

Obviously they wouldn't have done it back then though, because they wanted people on their phones.

Just got the galaxy s4 yesterday need to know how to get emoji on the stock keyboard or maybe even SwiftKey if I zip it as a separate apk . Phone is rooted already . Thanks in advance for the help .

I started using G+ more since I got my N4. The folks in the communities are really helpful.

Back
Top Bottom