• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I Kinda care what it looks like, but i mainly care about the software. The Note 2 software / apps is very impressive. I liked it but touchwiz interface is annoying had to get a launcher to give it that nexus 4.2 feel. When i had it. Sony & Motorola approach is admirable cause they get close to to AOSP code without mucking up to much of the design i like in 4.2, hopefully we do see some design enhancements in the s4. The best hi-end android as right now is the HTC ONE, then the Sony Z, nexus 4 is there but its an LG :/

Last edited:
I Kinda care what it looks like, but i mainly care about the software. The Note 2 software / apps is very impressive. I liked it but touchwiz interface is annoying had to get a launcher to give it that nexus 4.2 feel. When i had it. Sony & Motorola approach is admirable cause they get close to to AOSP code without mucking up to much of the design i like in 4.2, hopefully we do see some design enhancements in the s4. The best hi-end android as right now is the HTC ONE, then the Sony Z, nexus 4 is there but its an LG :/
Download your own launcher then? I use Nova

[COLOR=#red]Jewsee, the only significance the S4 will be to you is that most of the tech will bleed over to the Note 3. So in a way it does matter. I personally like the Note line better, but I realize that the S series is the flagship.

Time to revisit the whole "build quality" discussion. Metal "feels" great but is not as damage resistant as lightweight high impact plastics such as polycarb. Sure you could get a case for your phone but then that defeats the purpose of the aesthetics of the phone in the first place. It's like having Halle Berry in a Burqa. I've dropped my S3 so many times on concrete, I'm 6'6 so it has a slightly longer path to impact and it has only MINOR scratches...no deep gouges. Metal would have had the ugly dent and gouges and would have probably transferred more of the shock to the screen which would have shattered. This I know because I had the original Aluminum backed iPhone, dropped that motherf'er one time and it looked like it got ran over by a tank.[/COLOR]

i love the glass on the iphone but its not practical. ive dropped my note 2 alota nd the metal at the bottom by the spen has expanded like when u hit metal with a hammer to make it thinner and expand. but the screen hasnt cracked or anything

agree and disagree on some points. the htc one isnt out yet so it cant be the best yet. as for note 2 apps...what unique app did the note 2 have? i agree on touchwiz i just dont like it at all. and seeing the s4 rumored screen shots with touchwiz again (but shinier icons, so new and improved?) doesnt get me excited. if the s4 can keep its size down with a 5" screen, have good battery life, and awesome features for the camera and sound ill be sold. Personally i think 5" screen is too big for a phone but ill look past it for the features. And turning pages without touching the screen is nothing id ever give a *poop* about. They need to come HARD on the 14th

[COLOR=#red]Ok so we all have our preferences for phones, but can we at least agree that Skin Diamond is pretty effing hot? :rofl: :rofl:[/COLOR]

Got my nexus 4 bumper. Its a replica that I got from an xda member. Didn't have to wait for Google and I would day its the same exact thing. Happy and makes my phone look a lot better.

People in this thread ride Samsung worse than Apple fanboys at their worst.
laugh.gif
Srs. Da S4 is already the best phone with the best features, even though we don't know anything about it yet.

Imaginary Samsung phone >>>>> HTC ONE

I'm probably gonna get the GSIV anyways, but this is getting so out of pocket

Got my nexus 4 bumper. Its a replica that I got from an xda member. Didn't have to wait for Google and I would day its the same exact thing. Happy and makes my phone look a lot better.

DowntownJeffBrown? He's that dude helping people out with bumpers right now. I want to get a colored one, but I think I'm gonna stay with the black ones for a while. Apparently, he's bought from a site called buychina.com which is a taobao agent, and has gotten them shipped pretty quickly for about $12 each

Last edited:
Skin Diamond is already the GOAT

[COLOR=#red]See my dude, this is how it works in real life. My real homies have different likes and preferences, and we'll all talk ish and bag on each other, but when it's all said and done we all usually agree with something :lol: [/COLOR]

So where does the NEXUS 4 rank in the PANTHEON of upper echelon Android phones that is out right now?

Last edited:
It's all subjective to the user's taste. I personally have owned both the S3 and Nexus 4 (current phone) and would put the Nexus above the S3. The Note 2 is a beast but that screen size is such a turn off to many people, including myself. I don't want to hold such a big phone to my face

:rolleyes I can't even tell is lg. I think it's a great phone and being lg doesn't even matter, but people would be having heart attacks if it was Samsung.

Back
Top Bottom