• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]The HTC One seems like it will be an amazing device...however its shine will be short lived with the S4 coming soon. HTC lacks the must have appeal of the Galaxy line.[/COLOR]

I wonder how different launcher are going to work on the htc one.

Another "high end" phone launched with no external storage. I'm not a fan of the cloud per say but if you're going to limit the storage at least make models with high capacity an option.

Considering replacing my S3 with the new HTC One. The design is just gorgeous :smokin

Only issue I have with the phone is the lack of external storage and a non-removable battery. It's time for Samsung to step up and show what the S4 is going to be like.

I wonder how different launcher are going to work on the htc one.

Like they do on every other android device . Blinkfeed is essentially just a flipboard esque app but instead of a standalone app its a page on the default home screen filled with tile styled widgets

At this point, every phone is more or less the same.

You have to set yourself apart somehow. I-phone is Apple. Samsung has the marketing and market presence across devices and carriers. Nexus 4 has the great off-contract price and the google experience. HTC is going for what? Superior hardware? I'm not saying it doesn't, but a) will people know that, and b) will it be that significant?

Apple & HTC have a 10 year licensing agreement in which there is a dismissal of all lawsuits. The new HTC One looks amazing and the build quality is great and similar to the iPhone 5.

Im gonna pass and wait for the S4 or the X Phone. My galaxy nexus is still trooping.

Might be time to get rid of the iPhone 5 and get that htc one or s4 or maybe wait for the nexus 5.
Does anyone know the rumor specs for the s4? I really like the build quality of the one but that battery tho. Hmm one more month till we see the s4

I lurk in this thread because I just might make the switch from the iPhone with the new S4. But I wanted to ask about the Nexus, I can't remember if I read correctly but did somebody say that the Nexus phone gets the latest Android updates first because it's a phone directly from Google?

I lurk in this thread because I just might make the switch from the iPhone with the new S4. But I wanted to ask about the Nexus, I can't remember if I read correctly but did somebody say that the Nexus phone gets the latest Android updates first because it's a phone directly from Google?

yep.
currently the only phones with the latest version of android (4.2.2)

Yes that's true. It doesn't have any of the manufacturer's skins on there(Sense, TouchWiz, etc.) nor is does it have any of the mobile company's bloatware on there, so there's no hoops to jump through to get an update to the phone.

[COLOR=#red]When you can't add another 32/64GB and have the ability to switch out. We not even gonna get on the non-removable battery.

Like I said the HTC's shine will be short lived...enjoy it while you can.[/COLOR]
What's if samsung doesn't deliver tho?

Yup, as soon as Google releases an update nexus devices get them first. Not the gnex from verizon though but why would you cop that now anyway with all the hot phones being released.

Last edited:
For N4 stock users if you want to push the update to your phone and not wait, do the following
1) Turn off Location access
2) Clear data of Google Framework(Go to apps)
3) Then go to System Updates

If you dont get it within 5 minutes, restart phone and you should get it... I got it within 2 minutes

Try this, works for some ... No way you can mess your phone doing this

I heard this breaks a lot of functionality with syncing though.

That HTC One looks so good. I feel like I'm the only one that thinks that it's going to be a great device. Kind of want to swap out my Nexus for it..

I just copped the sg3 from target for $78.00. Im happy so far. Definitely an upgrade from the sg1

I'm on the $30 pre paid plan and it's been perfectly fine. Service is the same as $50 just different limits. $30 plan fits my needs perfectly so i'm happy with it. Was paying $70 with AT&T when i was with them :x

I use less than 100 minutes a month and I have unlimited calling to any mobile phone but at the same time I feel like I'd be scrambling for minutes if I dropped down to that $30 T-mobile plan.

Even if you go over i think it's like $.10 a minute. Even if you did go over it you probably won't go past it much if you're using less than 100 a month. If i did find myself constantly going over it i'd definitely switch but i haven't yet and i've been on this plan for close to six months already.
I feel like T-Mobile should make a $40 pre paid plan that has 500 minutes, I think that's the sweet spot right there. I def use more than 100 minutes per month but less than 500 I think.

Welp, just got an e-mail from Google Play

"According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of March 01."

>:

What's if samsung doesn't deliver tho?

[COLOR=#red]Then I'll be a man about it, admit I was wrong, and commence to eating crow my dude. But I highly doubt that's going to happen. Early reports/rumors are hinting towards something special. Time will tell though. True indeed.[/COLOR]

Just ditched my GS3, now I'm a free agent for all this crack coming out 
pimp.gif

Need some advice...pull the trigger on the N4? Or wait for the HTC One or Xperia Z?

Nexus 4 came in today and it is such an upgrade from the HD2. The screen quality alone blew me away. Everything is running smooth so far. Think I'll give it a few days before I go ROM hunting..

Back
Top Bottom