• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T-mobile will charge $500 for the Nexus 4 off contract and $200 with a 2yr contract.
laugh.gif

I guess that is how they will justify the high ETF if you cancel.

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/31/t-mobile-says-its-nexus-4-wont-provide-wifi-calling/

This is why Google is side stepping the carriers and selling the phone directly. 

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Apple had Quarter 3 profit of 8.8 billion dollars, mind you that's a sum of all the Apple products including Mac computers, iPods, iPads, and iPhone. Samsung's Q3 profits was 7.4 billion dollars mostly because of the Samsung Galaxy S3 which had over 9 million preorders in the first week.
All that to say the gap is closer than what popular knowledge thinks it is. Samsung has the momentum. Why do you think Apple forced out one of their top execs recently? Why do you think they are going hard in the paint against Samsung in court and not other Android OEMS? They know who their primary threat is.
See I been around technology long enough to know that a company usually doesn't stay on top forever. Most people 10-15 years ago couldn't imagine Microsoft not being on top anymore...but slowly and surely Apple started to gain footing and now they have pretty much surpassed Microsoft even though Microsoft is still king in Enterprise, Government, and Military.
Now somebody who can come at me with some empirical data/information and backstory please step up. [/COLOR]

Is the profits Samsung reported for their Mobile or as a Company?

Did dudes not forget samsung makes TVs, Washers, parts for other companies, etc while apple only makes 4-5 products? I`d hope they made good profit, and that a bulk isnt just coming from a phone. But if thats just for the Mobile then that is respectable.

If you're on Android 4.1.2, I can confirm that the 4.2 keyboard works for 4.1.2. I have it installed on my GNex. Not sure if we're allowed to post these links here. I'll take it down if we can't

they can be found in XDA

the 4.2 keyboard is sick! dat swype

also the new 4.2 camera app is out with the new photosphere

got the keyboard. it destroys everything else I've ever used.

plus the voice typing is simply amazing. did they improve it for this version of the keyboard? I'm guessing it's always been this great. I just never tried it.

Last edited:
Nope.
No contract > Contract (i know you don't fall into this doc, but MOST do.)
Google updates> Touch Wiz ALL DAY EVERYDAY.
and LTE? Seriously? LTE might be the most OVER RATED thing to ever hit phones. The only way I see LTE is being a great thing is if phones become truly unlimited and people can cancel their home internet.
and in a lot of places HSPA+ is >/= LTE

THIS.

-Drew

Good luck using HSPA+ during rush hour or at a sporting event.

I was literally leaning up against a AT&T COW during the Mavericks championship parade and couldn't make calls.

I agree with everything else.

True. I agree with this.
The majority of iphone owners out there still think Apple is the end all be all. A lot are afraid to try something new because it took them forever to adapt to the iPhone as it was, now they are "masters" and theres no way theyre leaving now.
I have friends that are techies that STILL are apple fan boys after ive shown them the light with Android. They just don't care, and don't care to care. Its apple or nothing.
I believe the 4s was still activating millions of NEW units weeks after the 5 released.
Hell one of the radio shows I listen to everyweek GEEKTIME! didn't even mention Googles announcement on last weeks show. They're all apple fanboys on that show as well. I HAD to blast them on twitter right after, hopefully I get a nod this week on the show.

Pretty much, no sense showing an apple head an android phone cause they'll write it off as crap automatically regardless.
I don't agree with that generalization. It may be true for a number of consumers like the older and high school demographic but I feel like people are a lot smarter now when it comes to phones. They know there are a lot of good Android phones out there but still prefer something else. We would assume people would only buy the phone with best specs but they don't. Samsung is doing the best in terms of offering an alternative. My friends are usually deciding between Samsung and Apple when they upgrade.

Good luck using HSPA+ during rush hour or at a sporting event.
I was literally leaning up against a AT&T COW during the Mavericks championship parade and couldn't make calls.
I agree with everything else.

Dude this is the case for every major city after a major event. Phones were down for hours when the Phillies won. When you get thousands and thousands of people using one network in a single area, it crashes. It happens with EVERY carrier. And during rush hour, I'm driving so that doesn't concern me.

Im on sprint and the 3g sucks so if theres no 4g i aint coppin.
Once u use the 5 inch display its hard to go back

Well thats not really an argument since HSPA is something different. And Sprint has pretty good 4g if you're in a coverage area. I'm in Philly and when I was with sprint my 4g was regularly in the 10mb range.

Last edited:
I was in Orlando over the weekend at Halloween Horror Nights, couldn't even check my email on 3G. :wow: My mom had LTE and it was blazing, I would love to do the new Nexus but the lack of LTE is what kills it for me.

I was in Orlando over the weekend at Halloween Horror Nights, couldn't even check my email on 3G. :wow: My mom had LTE and it was blazing, I would love to do the new Nexus but the lack of LTE is what kills it for me.

Again, that proves my point. You were in a super crowded place where the majority of people were probably using 3g coverages where as only a few were using LTE. Of course its going to be so much faster.

And again, HSPA is NOT 3G.

Again, that proves my point. You were in a super crowded place where the majority of people were probably using 3g coverages where as only a few were using LTE. Of course its going to be so much faster.
And again, HSPA is NOT 3G.

I didn't even know this. I looked it up and just read that HSPA+ is actually a form of 4G. :nerd:

All along I thought it was a suped up form of 3G.

-Drew

If you're on Android 4.1.2, I can confirm that the 4.2 keyboard works for 4.1.2. I have it installed on my GNex. Not sure if we're allowed to post these links here. I'll take it down if we can't

they can be found in XDA

the 4.2 keyboard is sick! dat swype

also the new 4.2 camera app is out with the new photosphere

got the keyboard. it destroys everything else I've ever used.

plus the voice typing is simply amazing. did they improve it for this version of the keyboard? I'm guessing it's always been this great. I just never tried it.

^Agreed. I hated Swype but this keyboard is amazing.

This keyboard is really beating the OG¿

Pretty much, no sense showing an apple head an android phone cause they'll write it off as crap automatically regardless.
My boy has a GNex and let me play with it for like 20 minutes a few months ago. When i was done, i wanted an android phone. I will be copping the Nexus 4 and ditching my iPhone.

My boy has a GNex and let me play with it for like 20 minutes a few months ago. When i was done, i wanted an android phone. I will be copping the Nexus 4 and ditching my iPhone.

Good move. Ditch that terrible contract too if you can. I'm on a mission to have everyone pay less than $50 a month on phone costs this year hahah.

Good move. Ditch that terrible contract too if you can. I'm on a mission to have everyone pay less than $50 a month on phone costs this year hahah.
I'm done with the contracts too. Only thing is the future wifey and i are on a family plan on ATT so going to have to see what it changes too when i swap to the Nexus 4.

explain please.

When you buy an unlocked phone and have no phone contract you can buy a sim from ANYONE which means companies like Straight Talk, Tmobile prepaid, Solevei will all work on your unlocked phone. They use the same networks as the "big boys" but only charge anywhere from $30 to $60 bucks a month for unlimited service.

So basically if you buy a new Nexus, pop in a straight talk sim you'll be on ATT's network but paying $45 a month for the same service you'll pay $80+ with ATT.

I myself think I'm gonna try the Tmobile 100 minutes unlimited Text/Unlimited data for $30 bucks. I think I'll be good with 100 minutes. I really don't answer my phone much. Thats HUGE coming from where I was at with $120 after taxes with ATT and an iphone and $100 after taxes with Sprint and an EVO.

Ah okay. I'm on a family plan right now too and this will probably be my last phone on that plan since I'm graduating next fall. I was looking at Sprint's individual plan it's $80 with like 450 minutes and unlimited everything. I figure by the time I'm ready to get my own plan they'll have LTE running in more cities.
The main thing I want though is unlimited data.

I use a gnex on simple mobile and I have no complaints other than not being able to call or text those 5 digit numbers. Customer service sucks tho, last 3 times I called a recorded message said the wait time is too long and just hangs up lol wtf!

Only 50 a month for unlimited everything with HSDPA+, no tax either

I use a gnex on simple mobile and I have no complaints other than not being able to call or text those 5 digit numbers. Customer service sucks tho, last 3 times I called a recorded message said the wait time is too long and just hangs up lol wtf!
Only 50 a month for unlimited everything with HSDPA+, no tax either

u should try out straight talk or solavei also

This is very tempting but I wonder how is the service in my area..

straight talk is either tmobile or att so you pick which company has better service in your area and they give you a sim

but people on howardsforum say they get banned for going over 2gbs or 4gbs constantly, they will give you a warning then they will cut you off

I wonder if they are gonna come out with a white N4. All the phones i've had been dark or grey. Time to switch it up.

Anyone good with PS to make a white N4 for reference?

Back
Top Bottom