• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are people really that upset over the logo placement :lol: wouldn't be surprised if that was a deal breaker for phone snobs.

I mean I'd still get it but, it really takes away from the clean look.
Hopefully a straight razor will be able to scratch it off with little damage.

Verizon is too much with the logo on the home button. Its going to wear away and look tacky anyway.

Not like the phone is exclusive anyway.

BTW, that new nexus is copped. If they announce a Nexus phablet I will do cartwheels.

Last edited:
Endgadget's VZW Note 2, hands on shows the logo is there.
At this moment I don't eem care. I haz so much excite. Pre orders need to hurry up!

looking to upgrade to the note II on tmobile but guess i'll wait a bit for the price to drop from $369. can't wait since my mytouch 4g is starting to act up, i have insurance on it but it's not worth it to get the same phone and probably have to pay for it too.

Yeah I'm not pre ordering. By November 27th more news will be out on that HTC phone and it might be better than the Note.

I know y'all aren't being a bunch of divas over a logo
laugh.gif
Son it has the logo on the front home button AND the back of the device.
[h2]Samsung Posts Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Gallery, Home Button Branding Definitely Included[/h2]
by: Kellex | posted 10.24.12 | News
  •  
  •  
  •  

Remember when we posted pictures of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for Verizon and it had “Verizon” branded all over the home button? That wasn’t just a prototype. The actual device will have a Verizon logo on the home button, on both the white and gray versions. Not only that, but the back battery cover will have “Verizon” and “4G LTE” as well.

Now, this shouldn’t turn you away from it, as the Note 2 has been a pleasure to use over the last few days. But, I can’t help but shake my head a little. Look Verizon, we get that it’s on your network, however, we don’t need to be reminded of that every time we want to leave an app. Not only that, but I can’t imagine that home button logo placement is topping the charts for prime advertising space. Oh, we should also mention that no other carrier deemed branding the home button, necessary.

Pics below! 

So I need money to cop either the DNA or the Note 2. Who wants to a Razr Maxx employee edition, letting it go for the low.

Is there any wireless tether app that will work on sprint? I can USB tether with PDA.
Net. I'm trying to tether to my ps3.

[COLOR=#red]Man I guess y'all are always going to find something to complain about. First everybody was up in arms about the U.S. getting the "gimped" version because we got the Snapdragon processors instead of Exynos because of LTE. Now we finally get a quad core Exynos processor AND LTE at the same damn time and everybody complaining about a small logo. That's like mofos complaining that a new Porsche 911 Turbo S has a pink push to start button.

It's a logo, a small damn logo, it doesn't affect functionality in any way, I guess unless you refuse to touch it in fear of contracting a logo induced strain of MRSA. :smh: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Man I guess y'all are always going to find something to complain about. First everybody was up in arms about the U.S. getting the "gimped" version because we got the Snapdragon processors instead of Exynos because of LTE. Now we finally get a quad core Exynos processor AND LTE at the same damn time and everybody complaining about a small logo. That's like mofos complaining that a new Porsche 911 Turbo S has a pink push to start button.

It's a logo, a small damn logo, it doesn't affect functionality in any way, I guess unless you refuse to touch it in fear of contracting a logo induced strain of MRSA. :smh: [/COLOR]

You're complaining about complainers though. The branding actually hampers the resale value, especially if the device is unlocked and the buyer wants to activate it with another carrier or take it abroad.

None of use are slamming the phone itself, it's mostly Verizon getting all the hate. Phone is a beast and it is available on other carriers but verizon is known for plastering logos all over their phones and also their bloatware. This little logo is something that is completely unnecessary. If i were copping and i was on verizon this probably wouldn't stop me from buying but it would still annoy me. Several here agree that it looks terrible and it's even on several android sites saying how ugly it is. To each their own.

Last edited:
You're complaining about complainers though. The branding actually hampers the resale value, especially if the device is unlocked and the buyer wants to activate it with another carrier or take it abroad.
[COLOR=#red]
Can I get some empirical evidence behind your claim that the Verizon logo on the home button hampers resale value? There isn't any because 1. The phone hasn't even released yet therefore nullifying that point, and 2. We haven't really seen branding done like this yet. 3.What other carrier besides Verizon will this phone work on since it's still a primarily CDMA phone and doesn't support SIM swapping. 4. What other country abroad besides maybe South Korea uses CDMA and even in that case I do believe their spectrum is different from Verizon's?[/COLOR]

None of use are slamming the phone itself, it's mostly Verizon getting all the hate. Phone is a beast and it is available on other carriers but verizon is known for plastering logos all over their phones and also their bloatware. This little logo is something that is completely unnecessary. If i were copping and i was on verizon this probably wouldn't stop me from buying but it would still annoy me. Several here agree that it looks terrible and it's even on several android sites saying how ugly it is. To each their own.

[COLOR=#red]And for that reason alone branding will be a continued practice. Verizon wants everybody to see and know that you are seeing THEIR version of the phone. People are still going to buy it nevertheless. People vote with their wallets.[/COLOR]

Has anybody experienced or heard about others experiencing random cracks in their S3 that didn't result from physical damage?

I read about it on some forums and apparently people have had their phones crack from just pressing the home button or it overheating. Apparently Samsung been hitting them with the Kanye Shrug and saying it's not covered under warranty.

I'd really appreciate some insight into how durable the S3, the last thing I need right now is to upgrade to a phone that's going to break itself...smh

Is there any wireless tether app that will work on sprint? I can USB tether with PDA.
Net. I'm trying to tether to my ps3.

Not unless you are rooted...........There IS one you can use, but it only transmits the internet signal through bluetooth.....so if the device you are using cant do internet by Bluetooth, you're screwed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom