Vuvuzelas in indoor stadium

What do you think? Is it ok to use vuvuzelas while watching pba,uaap or ncaa?

Originally Posted by Dang

It was recently banned by FIBA...

vuvuzela.jpg

ISTANBUL/GENEVA (FIBA World Championship) – FIBA has announced that it is to ban the vuvuzela from the forthcoming basketball World Championship in Turkey because of health concerns.

The sport’s international governing body is urging fans not to bring the controversial instruments to games and warned that security staff will confiscate them. Supporters also face expulsion from the tournament’s five venues if they flout the ban.

FIBA is the first international sport federation to officially ban the vuvuzela from all of its events. The ban will also include pressure horns that can produce similar decibel levels and harm people’s health.

The noise made by the horns was a major talking point at the football World Cup in South Africa with opinion divided over the effect they had on the atmosphere during games.

Patrick Baumann, the Secretary-General of FIBA and a member of the International Olympic Committee, said: “We want fans to enjoy themselves and make lots of noise but not at the risk of spoiling it for others.

“The vuvuzela is simply not appropriate in a confined space such as a basketball arena. It’s a very loud instrument and some medical experts believe the decibel level and frequency can be harmful to hearing.

“Besides our responsibility to protect the well-being of our athletes and fans alike, the sound level in an indoor sport arena could create communication problems between the referees and that could have a direct negative impact on the game.

“We are urging fans not to bring the instrument to stadia because they will be confiscated by security staff and anybody who manages to smuggle one into a venue might end up missing the game.

“Previous tournaments have shown us that it’s possible to have a carnival atmosphere and passionate support without the vuvuzela.

Originally Posted by Dang

It was recently banned by FIBA...

vuvuzela.jpg

ISTANBUL/GENEVA (FIBA World Championship) – FIBA has announced that it is to ban the vuvuzela from the forthcoming basketball World Championship in Turkey because of health concerns.

The sport’s international governing body is urging fans not to bring the controversial instruments to games and warned that security staff will confiscate them. Supporters also face expulsion from the tournament’s five venues if they flout the ban.

FIBA is the first international sport federation to officially ban the vuvuzela from all of its events. The ban will also include pressure horns that can produce similar decibel levels and harm people’s health.

The noise made by the horns was a major talking point at the football World Cup in South Africa with opinion divided over the effect they had on the atmosphere during games.

Patrick Baumann, the Secretary-General of FIBA and a member of the International Olympic Committee, said: “We want fans to enjoy themselves and make lots of noise but not at the risk of spoiling it for others.

“The vuvuzela is simply not appropriate in a confined space such as a basketball arena. It’s a very loud instrument and some medical experts believe the decibel level and frequency can be harmful to hearing.

“Besides our responsibility to protect the well-being of our athletes and fans alike, the sound level in an indoor sport arena could create communication problems between the referees and that could have a direct negative impact on the game.

“We are urging fans not to bring the instrument to stadia because they will be confiscated by security staff and anybody who manages to smuggle one into a venue might end up missing the game.

“Previous tournaments have shown us that it’s possible to have a carnival atmosphere and passionate support without the vuvuzela.

I was there when some fans brought torotots during the PBA semis 
laugh.gif

Anyone here remembered the cowbells that the Mavs fans brought during their playoff run in the mid or early 00's? That was hella annoying
[h6]
[/h6]

I was there when some fans brought torotots during the PBA semis 
laugh.gif

Anyone here remembered the cowbells that the Mavs fans brought during their playoff run in the mid or early 00's? That was hella annoying
[h6]
[/h6]

I have a vuvuzela and I want to try it but nagaalangan ako baka kasi magalit sakin yun mga katabi ko hahahaha! Has anyone tried it?

I have a vuvuzela and I want to try it but nagaalangan ako baka kasi magalit sakin yun mga katabi ko hahahaha! Has anyone tried it?

saw them vuvuzelas at the last admu dlsu game, good thing the group beside us couldnt get their vuvuzelas up and and running, or else i wouldve had a busted tympanic membrane

saw them vuvuzelas at the last admu dlsu game, good thing the group beside us couldnt get their vuvuzelas up and and running, or else i wouldve had a busted tympanic membrane

Originally Posted by monase

Seeee! That's what I'm afraid of hahahaha 
roll.gif

Got it as a pasalubong from my friend. I wanted an air horn but she couldn't find one so she just bought me a freaking vuvuzela haha

Originally Posted by monase

Seeee! That's what I'm afraid of hahahaha 
roll.gif

Got it as a pasalubong from my friend. I wanted an air horn but she couldn't find one so she just bought me a freaking vuvuzela haha

given the facts that it can cause pain in the ears especially to the people around you, i think its wiser to just use it in an open field..
i wish i know where to buy one, so i can bring it in a race track maybe..

Back
Top Bottom