Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

RIP ATT

the company has been preparing to take this L for a while.... lots of people at the corporate level loss jobs last month
30t6p3b.gif

but at the same time it is nobody's fault but their own, no secrety Apple isn't happy with AT&T and how they run things

Question is...is ATT going to release a new iphone this year? I mean they've had the whole 4G network they've been boasting for some time now... I hope Verizon customers aren't getting the SAME phone... 

Question is...is ATT going to release a new iphone this year? I mean they've had the whole 4G network they've been boasting for some time now... I hope Verizon customers aren't getting the SAME phone... 

It'll be interesting to see what all the Android fanboys say when their marketshare PLUMMETS after the release of iphone 4 on VZW.

It'll be interesting to see what all the Android fanboys say when their marketshare PLUMMETS after the release of iphone 4 on VZW.

I've been the biggest iPhone-on-Verizon doubter of them all, but there's just too much evidence for it not to actually be happening.

Few comments from articles I've read on the interwebs:
- Why isn't Apple hosting the event? 
Its not worthy of having its own event.  People are expecting this iPhone to be exactly like the iPhone 4, but on Verizon's network.  There's no new features at all. 
Verizon will inevitably make a sales pitch AGAINST AT&T.  If this was an Apple event, Verizon couldn't do that because Apple is still partners with AT&T.
- Apple retail employees cannot take vacation from 2/3-2/6
- Verizon training employees on how to pre-order/order "an iconic device"
- Writers that cover Apple and ONLY Apple are being invited to Verizon's event on Tuesday
- Gizmodo did not receive an invite to the event
- There are accessory makers that have options for "iPhone CDMA" and "iPhone Verizon"

My theory on what happened to AT&T's 5 year exclusivity:  There's probably a buy-out clause in their contract and Apple is willing to pay it now that they're starting to lose the war against Android.

As for me, I have the original iPhone on AT&T and I'm sticking around for a couple of reasons.  Family & friends are on AT&T, ROLLOVER, decent coverage

I've been the biggest iPhone-on-Verizon doubter of them all, but there's just too much evidence for it not to actually be happening.

Few comments from articles I've read on the interwebs:
- Why isn't Apple hosting the event? 
Its not worthy of having its own event.  People are expecting this iPhone to be exactly like the iPhone 4, but on Verizon's network.  There's no new features at all. 
Verizon will inevitably make a sales pitch AGAINST AT&T.  If this was an Apple event, Verizon couldn't do that because Apple is still partners with AT&T.
- Apple retail employees cannot take vacation from 2/3-2/6
- Verizon training employees on how to pre-order/order "an iconic device"
- Writers that cover Apple and ONLY Apple are being invited to Verizon's event on Tuesday
- Gizmodo did not receive an invite to the event
- There are accessory makers that have options for "iPhone CDMA" and "iPhone Verizon"

My theory on what happened to AT&T's 5 year exclusivity:  There's probably a buy-out clause in their contract and Apple is willing to pay it now that they're starting to lose the war against Android.

As for me, I have the original iPhone on AT&T and I'm sticking around for a couple of reasons.  Family & friends are on AT&T, ROLLOVER, decent coverage

If this doesn't happen I will quite possibly die from laughter.

Best case scenario: They announce the iphone is coming to Verizon in 2012.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

c'mon dude are you slow? 

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

c'mon dude are you slow? 

the last sentence is why i have a serious issue with android.

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Android 2.3 gets ported to the iPhone 3G, breaks hearts left and right[/h4]
By Donald Melanson posted Jan 8th 2011 1:18PM

post_icon_video.gif

Android getting ported to the iPhone may be old news by now, but Android 2.3 (a.k.a. Gingerbread) getting ported to the iPhone? Well, that's something... new, if entirely expected. As before, it's the iPhone 3G doing the honors, and the port is still based on the iDroid project, which means you can hang onto iOS in a dual-boot configuration so you won't be left in the cold when the less-than-stable port decides not to cooperate. And, yes, this once again means that the iPhone has gotten the latest version of Android before many Android devices have.

30t6p3b.gif

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Android 2.3 gets ported to the iPhone 3G, breaks hearts left and right[/h4]
By Donald Melanson posted Jan 8th 2011 1:18PM

post_icon_video.gif

Android getting ported to the iPhone may be old news by now, but Android 2.3 (a.k.a. Gingerbread) getting ported to the iPhone? Well, that's something... new, if entirely expected. As before, it's the iPhone 3G doing the honors, and the port is still based on the iDroid project, which means you can hang onto iOS in a dual-boot configuration so you won't be left in the cold when the less-than-stable port decides not to cooperate. And, yes, this once again means that the iPhone has gotten the latest version of Android before many Android devices have.

30t6p3b.gif

dont really why you would go anywhere else but sprint or t-mobile.

by time LTE is on the same DL speeds as 4G and HSPA+ are on currently. sprint and t-mobile will be running on twice the DL speed. also heard the LTE wont be fully up until 2013.

dont really why you would go anywhere else but sprint or t-mobile.

by time LTE is on the same DL speeds as 4G and HSPA+ are on currently. sprint and t-mobile will be running on twice the DL speed. also heard the LTE wont be fully up until 2013.

Apple pulls VLC from the iTunes store
By Sean Hollister posted Jan 8th 2011 at 1:39PM
33u7jmq.jpg

Looks like VLC's role as champion of open-source legal rights is no more -- rather than lawyer up, Apple's taken the easy way out, and simply removing the VLC media player from the App Store. Rémi Denis-Courmont -- the VideoLAN developer who originally sued to have it removed -- reports that an Apple attorney informed him that the company had complied with his takedown request, and pulled the app accordingly -- which likely puts the kibosh on other potential VLC ports as well. If you think about it, the open-source community may have just planted the first brick in a walled garden of its own.

Reason why I don't bangs with IOS, Good apps are pulled down with little to no explanation.

How can you have a issue with Android when the OS is open source and you can implement into any device of your liking (Microwave), plus the port Android port in the iphone is not stable, dude will have along time to get certain things working before you can really use it.

Your main issue should be with the OEM'S who skin Android, and take a long time to update their services, feature and crap-ware into the latest their version of Android. Google has already acknowledge Android OS update so they will be slowing down updates to every year rather than every 6 months, so OEM's can spend more time updating their phones with the latest Android OS.

Apple pulls VLC from the iTunes store
By Sean Hollister posted Jan 8th 2011 at 1:39PM
33u7jmq.jpg

Looks like VLC's role as champion of open-source legal rights is no more -- rather than lawyer up, Apple's taken the easy way out, and simply removing the VLC media player from the App Store. Rémi Denis-Courmont -- the VideoLAN developer who originally sued to have it removed -- reports that an Apple attorney informed him that the company had complied with his takedown request, and pulled the app accordingly -- which likely puts the kibosh on other potential VLC ports as well. If you think about it, the open-source community may have just planted the first brick in a walled garden of its own.

Reason why I don't bangs with IOS, Good apps are pulled down with little to no explanation.

How can you have a issue with Android when the OS is open source and you can implement into any device of your liking (Microwave), plus the port Android port in the iphone is not stable, dude will have along time to get certain things working before you can really use it.

Your main issue should be with the OEM'S who skin Android, and take a long time to update their services, feature and crap-ware into the latest their version of Android. Google has already acknowledge Android OS update so they will be slowing down updates to every year rather than every 6 months, so OEM's can spend more time updating their phones with the latest Android OS.

Honestly what i take from this is that VZW will drop a 3G iphone and its pretty much going to fun their LTE stuff.

Honestly what i take from this is that VZW will drop a 3G iphone and its pretty much going to fun their LTE stuff.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Lots of iphone sheep.
you are the sheep, I had two Android phones after getting rid of my iPhone and they don't even compare...Android can't even get the battery straight

Let me be the sheep. Google continues to be more innovative than apple when it comes mobile os. I don't feel like expounding on what Android can really do to compare to ios. Battery life has been optimized in gingerbread. I rather be part of sheep innovation than a company who relies on sheep consumers.

App store anyone? Apple changed the game on how we publishers deliver applications to mobile devices. No app store there would be no android market. Also no app store less innovative apps. We would never see DJ apps, mobile unreal engine, netflix, comcast xfinity, and other high profile apps without the app store. The app store transformed the mobile platform. Does anyone remember cell phone games before the iPhone???

The iPhone is the best platform to develop on and you can tell by the quality of app developers and the crazy amount of people trying to develop for the iPhone. There are now full gps units, heart rate monitors, ways to check your cars service lights, and even guitar tuning application/hardware tools.

You act like the iPhone was the first phone who had an app store...
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
No ninjahood, but that was the Sidekick with the Download Catalog.

Cmon now is that the best you could do? Don't you find if funny that the 3 top mobile operating systems have an app store now? I don't think that was because of the sidekick....iPhone also reinvented mobile browsing, first main stream phone where you didn't need to use mobile versions to have a good experience.
laugh.gif

why is it that apple fans think they invented EVERYTHING?

da Nokia N95 was already doings things da iphone in blueprint mode could only dream of....
Lol The N95? You really going to compare a phone that had very little mainstream success to the phones with VERY BIG mainstream success in the US like the Razr, Sidekick, iPhone, and Evo?
being first =/= doing it mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom