Varejao to the Bobcats

in Espanol

[h1]Varejão acerta com Charlotte e espera liberação do Cleveland[/h1]
Do UOL Esporte
Em São Paulo

1x1.gif

O ala brasileiro Anderson Varejão acertou nesta segunda-feira um contrato de três anos com o Charlotte Bobcats. O jogador agora aguarda a liberação do Cleveland Cavaliers para poder atuar por sua nova equipe na NBA.

Os Cavs, como têm a prioridade na contratação de Varejão, terão a partir desta terça uma semana (até o dia 11) para cobrir a proposta dos Bobcats. Após este período, o ala estará apto a jogar na temporada 2007/2008 com a camisa de número 17 do Charlotte.

Agente livre restrito desde o dia 1º de julho, o brasileiro não chegou a um acordo para a renovação de seu vínculo com a equipe com a qual foi vice-campeão da NBA na temporada passada.

"Fiquei fora do Pan no Rio e do Pré-Olímpico de Las Vegas e isso tudo me deixou chateado. Queria estar em quadra, assim como quero muito jogar o Pré-Olímpico do ano que vem. Se eu fechasse contrato de um ano (como queria o Cleveland), isso não seria possível. A proposta do Charlotte foi boa, e me deixa mais tranqüilo sabendo que vou estar liberado para jogar pela seleção brasileira no Pré-Olímpico do ano que vem", afirmou Varejão.

No contrato dos Bobcats, inclusive, há uma cláusula que oferece a Anderson Varejão a escolha de permanecer ou não na equipe para o terceiro ano, passando a ser agente livre.

"O Charlotte é uma equipe nova, que tem jogadores talentosos como (o ala/pivô Emeka) Okafor e (o armador Raymond) Felton, e está fazendo um bom trabalho. Tenho certeza de que nos próximos anos vai evoluir e brigar pelas primeiras posições. Agora é torcer para que tudo dê certo, não vejo a hora de voltar a jogar", disse Varejão.

Na última temporada, Varejão teve médias de 6,8 pontos e 6,7 rebotes nos playoffs pelos Cavs. Sua maior contribuição à equipe, no entanto, vem de seu esforço defensivo e energia que tornaram o garrafão dos Cavs um dos mais fortes da liga.

Na atual temporada, Cleveland e Charlotte vivem situações opostas. Os Cavs têm a quinta melhor campanha da Conferência Leste, com nove vitórias e nove derrotas. Já os Bobcats estão 11ª posição da mesma conferência, com seis vitórias em 16 partidas.

UH-OH! Bobcats gonna contend now!

laugh.gif

Assuming thats what it really says lol.

smh.gif
How you going to post in spanish, when most of only made it up to 7th or 8th grade spanish my dude
laugh.gif

"O Charlotte é uma equipe nova, que tem jogadores talentosos como (o ala/pivô Emeka) Okafor e (o armador Raymond) Felton, e está fazendo um bom trabalho. Tenho certeza de que nos próximos anos vai evoluir e brigar pelas primeiras posições. Agora é torcer para que tudo dê certo, não vejo a hora de voltar a jogar", disse Varejão.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by diceloveme

smh.gif
How you going to post in spanish, when most of only made it up to 7th or 8th grade spanish my dude
laugh.gif

surprised you even made it that far...this isn't even spanish. it's portuguese

The Brazilian wing Anderson Wholesale Store hit this Monday a contract of three years with the Charlotte Bobcats. The player now awaits the liberation of the Cleveland Cavaliers for be able to act for its new team in the NBA.

The Cavs, as have the priority in the contracting of Wholesale Store, will have from this Tuesday a week (to the day 11) for cover the proposal of the Bobcats. After this period, the wing will be apt to playing in the season 2007/2008 with the shirt of number 17 of the Charlotte.

Restricted free agent since the day 1º of July, the Brazilian do not compromise for the renewal of his bond with the team with the which was a runner-up of the NBA in the past season.

"It stayed outside of the Pan in Rio and of the Pre-Olympic one of Them Vegas and that everything left me bothered. It will want to be in block, as well as I want a lot play the Pre-Olympic one of the year that comes. If I closed contract of a year (as will want the Cleveland), that would not be possible. The proposal of the Charlotte was boa, and leaves me more tranquil knowing that I am going to be liberated for play by the Brazilian selection in the Pre-Olympic one of the year that comes", affirmed Wholesale Store.

In the contract of the Bobcats, including, there is a clause that offers Anderson Wholesale Store the choice of remain or not in the team for the third year, passing it be free agent.

"The Charlotte is a new team, that has talented players as (the wing/pivot Emeka) Okafor and (the shipowner Raymond) Felton, and is doing a good work. I am sure of that in the near years is going to evolve and fight for the first positions. Now it is going to twist for that everything work, do not I see to hour of come back to playing", Wholesale Store said.

In the last season, Wholesale Store had medium of 6.8 points and 6.7 rebotes in the playoffs by the Cavs. His bigger contribution to the team, however, comes from its defensive effort and energy that became the flagon of the Cavs one of the more strong of the league.

In the present season, Cleveland and Charlotte live opposite situations. The Cavs have to fifth better campaign of the Conference you Read, with nine victories and nine defeats. Already the Bobcats are 11ª position of the same conference, with six victories in 16 party.
freetranslation but u get the gist of it
laugh.gif
lmao @varejao being translated as wholesale store
laugh.gif

IT'S IN PORTUGUESE.

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE CONFUSE THE TWO.

It basically says he agreed on a 3 yr deal with the bob cats, and the cavs have until the 11th to accept the deal.

the contract has a clause which allows him to stay and play or become a free agent in his 3rd year.

the rest is just varejao making excuses about why he didnt play in the pan american games, compares the cavs and bobcats and talks about his averages lastyear.

you're welcome NT

The Brazilian wing Anderson Wholesale Store hit this Monday a contract of three years with the Charlotte Bobcats.

Is that what his name translates as? Wholesale Store?

laugh.gif

Why is this guy still getting attention? A career 5 ppg player is getting as much attention as the LeBrons, Iversons, and Kobes of the NBA.

I wondered what that wholesale store was about. I thought he owned one in Brazil LOL.

I'll be laughing when Andy gets the ball against the Cavs. And at the final score that will ensue.

here is the English version.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - In need of a big man, the Charlotte Bobcats reached agreement Tuesday on a three-year offer sheet with Cleveland restricted free agent Anderson Varejao, giving the Cavaliers a week to match the deal or lose him.
Financial figures were not available. Varejao's agent, Dan Fegan, could not immediately be reached.
The 6-foot-10 Varejao has been in a prolonged contract dispute with the Cavaliers, which has kept him sidelined this season. He said last week that he wouldprefer to be traded.

The 25-year-old Varejao averaged 6.8 points and 6.7 rebounds last season in helping the Cavaliers reach the NBA finals for the first time.

Bobcats coach Sam Vincent has been pleading for a big man since the beginning of the season. The Bobcats lost Sean May to season-ending knee surgery intraining camp. Starting center Primoz Brezec has been ineffective and was replaced in the starting lineup by rookie Jared Dudley Monday night in Toronto, theBobcats' sixth straight loss.

[table][tr][td]
moreTeamsOn_header_left.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
moreTeamsOn_header_right.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
7264556_36_6.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
What's hot:

Top stories|Rumors|Video|Photos [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
moreTeamsOn_footer.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Before training camp opened, Varejao turned down Cleveland's one-year, $1.2 million qualifying offer. If he had signed that deal, the formersecond-round pick could have become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

In late October, the Cavaliers rejected a six-year, $52 million package presented by Fegan.

Varejao is known for his energy and defense, and the move comes a day after Vincent questioned his team's focus and preparation following the 98-79 lossto the Raptors.
The Bobcats, with 15 guaranteed contracts, would have to release a player to add Varejao if the Cavaliers don't match the offer.

wholesale store
roll.gif
good pick up by the Bobcats. I would love to haveanother energy player like that on the Wizards but Blatche is filling that role great right now.

Looks like my boy Walter Hermann won't get any burn.

Not that he has been anyway, but still.

Back
Top Bottom