Vancouver Canucks owner sets sights on buying the Hornets

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Canucks Sports should have never sold the team in the first place, and now they want a franchise back?
They panicked once they started to lose money, so if they were willingly to unload the Grizzlies without hesitation, don't think they should deserve to own a new team. 
Canucks Sports and Entertainment never owned the Grizzlies.

Aquilini, and company didn't buy the company until 2004.

I stand corrected, it was the previous owner of the Canucks. 

Canucks Sports should have never sold the team in the first place, and now they want a franchise back?
They panicked once they started to lose money, so if they were willingly to unload the Grizzlies without hesitation, don't think they should deserve to own a new team. 

Originally Posted by doyung9

We don't need NATIONAL Basketball Association teams in another nation.
Are you serious?
Well he's right we don't need it. It doesn't hurt though.

Don't see nobody wanting a Mexico City Decapitators team in the L.

Originally Posted by doyung9

We don't need NATIONAL Basketball Association teams in another nation.
Are you serious?
Well he's right we don't need it. It doesn't hurt though.

Don't see nobody wanting a Mexico City Decapitators team in the L.

The previous owners (John McCaw of Seattle) was a good owner as well. He let the experts do their jobs and just kept writing cheques and kept the team afloat ( both the Hockey organization and Basketball operations ).

The problem was, he hired the wrong individuals to run his organizations - and he wasn't as critical and trusted his management team too much for too long. When you're paying your upper management 6 to 7 figures yearly and they are not delivering what they promised, you have to let them go. However, he just let good Ol' Stu Jackson run the club to the ground.

The previous owners (John McCaw of Seattle) was a good owner as well. He let the experts do their jobs and just kept writing cheques and kept the team afloat ( both the Hockey organization and Basketball operations ).

The problem was, he hired the wrong individuals to run his organizations - and he wasn't as critical and trusted his management team too much for too long. When you're paying your upper management 6 to 7 figures yearly and they are not delivering what they promised, you have to let them go. However, he just let good Ol' Stu Jackson run the club to the ground.

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

the more i hear about vancouver, the more i want to visit

Yep. Never been to Canada. Sounds
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NooEra

pimp.gif
if only young NBA players could say the same

people like Mike Bibby and Steve Francis gives the city a bad rep.  whining like they were drafted by a team in a war-torn city.

Signing guys like Big Country Reeves to that mega-deal.  He's still living off that in Oklahoma.  how much does he weigh now, 400?

Originally Posted by NooEra

pimp.gif
if only young NBA players could say the same

people like Mike Bibby and Steve Francis gives the city a bad rep.  whining like they were drafted by a team in a war-torn city.

Signing guys like Big Country Reeves to that mega-deal.  He's still living off that in Oklahoma.  how much does he weigh now, 400?

It hurts me to say this as a die hard grizzlies fan but... I just don't know if this will work.
I'm not saying Vancouver isn't a great city, but it isn't a basketball city. People here, unfortunately, live and breathe off of Canucks hockey. I honestly think that the whitecaps will have more success in the MLS than any team here could have in the NBA. The only way I see a franchise here really flourishing is if a lot of people from seattle and the mid west of canada really come and support the team.

really I'm just being pessimistic because I don't want to get my hopes up and NOT end up getting a team.

It hurts me to say this as a die hard grizzlies fan but... I just don't know if this will work.
I'm not saying Vancouver isn't a great city, but it isn't a basketball city. People here, unfortunately, live and breathe off of Canucks hockey. I honestly think that the whitecaps will have more success in the MLS than any team here could have in the NBA. The only way I see a franchise here really flourishing is if a lot of people from seattle and the mid west of canada really come and support the team.

really I'm just being pessimistic because I don't want to get my hopes up and NOT end up getting a team.

Vancouver is a fire city. Bigger and better than all of these other villages it is competing against. It is growing insanely fast and a better city for a team.

^my man up there, they breath canucks because its the only ticket. There is no other sports teams, if there was basketball, people would go see it. There is nothing else but hockey.
Vancouver is good for it, and ready for it.

Vancouver is a fire city. Bigger and better than all of these other villages it is competing against. It is growing insanely fast and a better city for a team.

^my man up there, they breath canucks because its the only ticket. There is no other sports teams, if there was basketball, people would go see it. There is nothing else but hockey.
Vancouver is good for it, and ready for it.

Originally Posted by Ground King

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Owner Of Canucks Hoping To Purchase Hornets, Move Club To Vancouver[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 22:10 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh_091208.jpg

Canucks Sports and Entertainment chairman Francesco Aquilini has been looking for five years a franchise that can be purchased and moved to Vancouver.

Sources say Aquilini is looking into the Hornets, who are currently owned by the NBA.

During an interview this week, commissioner David Stern said Vancouver is one of several markets interested in a relocated NBA franchise.

Stern listed Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Anaheim and Tampa/St. Petersburg as markets with NBA-ready facilities. Vancouver’s Rogers Arena, owned by the Canucks, would qualify as well.

“I have regrets about both Seattle and Vancouver,

Originally Posted by Ground King

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Owner Of Canucks Hoping To Purchase Hornets, Move Club To Vancouver[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 22:10 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh_091208.jpg

Canucks Sports and Entertainment chairman Francesco Aquilini has been looking for five years a franchise that can be purchased and moved to Vancouver.

Sources say Aquilini is looking into the Hornets, who are currently owned by the NBA.

During an interview this week, commissioner David Stern said Vancouver is one of several markets interested in a relocated NBA franchise.

Stern listed Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Anaheim and Tampa/St. Petersburg as markets with NBA-ready facilities. Vancouver’s Rogers Arena, owned by the Canucks, would qualify as well.

“I have regrets about both Seattle and Vancouver,

Back
Top Bottom