Vancouver Canucks owner sets sights on buying the Hornets

It wasn't a major fail, people just got tired of all the !%#+ going down. The economy was a different deal at the time and once attendance dipped a little after three terrible seasons, the ownership tried to unload the team with the intention of keeping it in Vancouver. However, all potential buyers wanted to move the team (such as Bill Laurie - St Louis) so the situation dragged out forever and fans stopped wanting to support a horrendous team that was going to move. When Michael Heisley bought the team he claimed it was going to stay in Vancouver and attendance shot back up, even with an awful team. Then Heisley began turning down sponsorship money and reported inflated loses so he could do what he originally intended, move the team out of Vancouver. Attendance plummeted from about January on, I remember going to games that weren't even reaching 10,000. A lot of people wanted to drive the team out of the city by that point. 

Although, I'm not sure if a Vancouver NBA team could be successful in the long run. I mean, how many American players are happy playing in the Pacific Northwest, let alone Canada? Not to mention American television networks do not like it. Vancouver has a lot of basketball fans, but they won't support a Cleveland Cavaliers type team for a decade.

Yo this city needs a team! make it happen
pimp.gif

This is perfect Vancouver will host the grizzlies. Memphis Becomes the "Sounds" (ABA) Charlotte becomes the Hornets. A future New Orleans franchise will inherit the "Jazz" monicker. Utah can become their ABA franchise nickname the "Starz" which was also the name of their WNBA franchise.... now it all makes sense.

This is perfect Vancouver will host the grizzlies. Memphis Becomes the "Sounds" (ABA) Charlotte becomes the Hornets. A future New Orleans franchise will inherit the "Jazz" monicker. Utah can become their ABA franchise nickname the "Starz" which was also the name of their WNBA franchise.... now it all makes sense.

But seriously,we need a team here in Montreal. It's a bigger market than Vancouver,We used to even have an MLB team that was here for almost 40 years so we know how to keep supporting a team,we have a great arena and we absolutely love basketball.  During the preseason,the Raps came here and played the Knicks and it was sold out with 22,114 people in attendance. All those people coming to watch the Raptors and Knicks.....AND during the preseason! Not exactly the most attractive matchup but if a game like that can attract that many people,imagine the numbers if we had a team here.

But seriously,we need a team here in Montreal. It's a bigger market than Vancouver,We used to even have an MLB team that was here for almost 40 years so we know how to keep supporting a team,we have a great arena and we absolutely love basketball.  During the preseason,the Raps came here and played the Knicks and it was sold out with 22,114 people in attendance. All those people coming to watch the Raptors and Knicks.....AND during the preseason! Not exactly the most attractive matchup but if a game like that can attract that many people,imagine the numbers if we had a team here.

Originally Posted by will068

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Another NBA team in Vancouver would be a mistake.
Vancouver = Top 3 city worldwide

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
,I'm Canadian and even that is preposterous. Heck Toronto,Montreal
pimp.gif
> Vancouver. Not to say that it's not a beautiful city at all.Vancouver might just be the most beautiful city in North America imo but with everything else other than beauty,Montreal & T-dot > Van

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
> Vancouver. Not to say that it's not a beautiful city at all.Vancouver might just be the most beautiful city in North America imo but with everything else other than beauty,Montreal & T-dot > Van

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

What exactly is included in everything else?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

What exactly is included in everything else?

That Pittsburgh team doesnt sound half bad.  But I dont know if would be well recieved. 

That Pittsburgh team doesnt sound half bad.  But I dont know if would be well recieved. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
Vancouver certainly isn't a Top 3 city worldwide, but it is nicer than Toronto and Montreal.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
Vancouver certainly isn't a Top 3 city worldwide, but it is nicer than Toronto and Montreal.

Originally Posted by True Blues

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
qftmft..... rola i dont know whatchu been smoking son!!
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
qftmft..... rola i dont know whatchu been smoking son!!
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom