Vancouver Canucks owner sets sights on buying the Hornets

heard they were going to call it the Vancouver Dragons, or something along those lines

and basically use a team in Vancouver as a gateway into the blooming China market.

Basically, i don't think the team is for the average white family in Vancouver. Its more slated towards the immigrants from Asia

At the end of the day. Nobody will support it if the NBA is still under the current CBA model. they have to go hard cap like the NHL

heard they were going to call it the Vancouver Dragons, or something along those lines

and basically use a team in Vancouver as a gateway into the blooming China market.

Basically, i don't think the team is for the average white family in Vancouver. Its more slated towards the immigrants from Asia

At the end of the day. Nobody will support it if the NBA is still under the current CBA model. they have to go hard cap like the NHL

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

I never knew this, that simply explains why I see a lot of Asian Canucks fans come down to LA. 
laugh.gif

I never knew this, that simply explains why I see a lot of Asian Canucks fans come down to LA. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Another NBA team in Vancouver would be a mistake.
and thats being nice about it
Because teams like Charlotte are drawing so many fans?

I heard a statistic the other day that 11,000 homes view Bobcats games on television.

(Also answers JohnnyRedStorm's question about why the Hornets left Charlotte.)

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Another NBA team in Vancouver would be a mistake.
and thats being nice about it
Because teams like Charlotte are drawing so many fans?

I heard a statistic the other day that 11,000 homes view Bobcats games on television.

(Also answers JohnnyRedStorm's question about why the Hornets left Charlotte.)

Hornets left Charlotte because of the p.o.s known as George Shinn. Shinn wanted the public to finance a new arena and they could not (due to the sagging economy and attendance in the Charolotte area at the time). Many believe the attendance drop off was not just due to economics, but because the public did not want to support "one of their own" in Shinn after his sexual assault case and other embarrassing incidents. New Orleans at the time offered a much better deal and Shinn and company took it. The people of Charlotte still seem ticked that the Hornets left, and coupled with the Bobcats losing  history, it's not surprising they have failed to draw fans.  New Orleans has enough problems as it is, and will NEVER be able to fully support two professional teams. NOLA will always be a football town, and no matter how much success the Hornets have, nothing will change that.  Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a market where there is a new/relatively new arena in place, that would be able to support the Hornets long-term. The NBA needs to look into contracting a few teams.

Hornets left Charlotte because of the p.o.s known as George Shinn. Shinn wanted the public to finance a new arena and they could not (due to the sagging economy and attendance in the Charolotte area at the time). Many believe the attendance drop off was not just due to economics, but because the public did not want to support "one of their own" in Shinn after his sexual assault case and other embarrassing incidents. New Orleans at the time offered a much better deal and Shinn and company took it. The people of Charlotte still seem ticked that the Hornets left, and coupled with the Bobcats losing  history, it's not surprising they have failed to draw fans.  New Orleans has enough problems as it is, and will NEVER be able to fully support two professional teams. NOLA will always be a football town, and no matter how much success the Hornets have, nothing will change that.  Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a market where there is a new/relatively new arena in place, that would be able to support the Hornets long-term. The NBA needs to look into contracting a few teams.

Dragons? foreal?

name of my hs team smh

Dragons? foreal?

name of my hs team smh

Back
Top Bottom