*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

I would say this is a B- squad.

You still have Kyrie, Durant and Melo

And Cousins, Paul George, Klay, DJ and Draymond. It's getting really annoying hearing people keep acting like we sent a bunch of scrubs over there.

Would CP3 have even made the team over Westbrook, Curry or Kyrie if all of them played? I don't think they'd keep four point guards and all three of those guys have been more successful recently than Chris Paul.

Last edited:
Actually it's not getting annoying

When you got derozan lowry Barnes and dj on your team you absolutely are the c team

I would say this is a B- squad.

You still have Kyrie, Durant and Melo
And Cousins, Paul George, Klay, DJ and Draymond. It's getting really annoying hearing people keep acting like we sent a bunch of scrubs over there.

Would CP3 have even made the team over Westbrook, Curry or Kyrie if all of them played? I don't think they'd keep four point guards and all three of those guys have been more successful recently than Chris Paul.
Yes CP3 would have made the team over them off his pass first and the way he controls the offense 

I see no way in hell that Curry, Westbrook or Kyrie at this point in their careers would have gotten cut for CP3 this summer. If anything they would have just said **** it and took four point guards with them just so they wouldn't piss off LeBron.

I would say C team.

No LBJ23
No Steph
No RUSS
No CP3
No Blake
No Ant Davis

We got Barnes. Deandre, Lowry, Derozan :frown:

Last edited:
It doesn't matter though, America trying is gonna win regardless. Idk where all this concern is coming from but it's so contrived and disingenuous.

If Spain could be a bit younger and fully healthy it would be a really fun match up. Like the 2008 and 2012 Spain teams would make this a great gold medal game

It doesn't matter though, America trying is gonna win regardless. Idk where all this concern is coming from but it's so contrived and disingenuous.

Who is expressing concern? All the fans and media I've seen say they're going win gold easily. You seem to be railing against something that isn't actually happening.

Who is expressing concern? All the fans and media I've seen say they're going win gold easily. You seem to be railing against something that isn't actually happening.
All this "it's the C team" "Spain could do xx" talk. But I was over reacting a bit.

Who's saying anything about Spain? They're missing Marc lol and they're older

I think folks are pointing out more so that were gonna smash even despite not having our absolute best. Doesn't mean there's a fear of losing

Last edited:
Argentina is old as dirt and only have two players worth a damn on their entire roster but both are like 40, Venezuela is just terrible and China is probably the worst team in the entire tournament. Those exhibition games were not a good measuring stick. It will be a whole different ballgame when they play Spain, Australia, Croatia, Lithuania, Serbia or France.

Argentina is old as dirt and only have two players worth a damn on their entire roster but both are like 40, Venezuela is just terrible and China is probably the worst team in the entire tournament. Those exhibition games were not a good measuring stick. It will be a whole different ballgame when they play Spain, Australia, Croatia, Lithuania, Serbia or France.
Agreed. Still have a very difficult time envisioning defeat though. I think some of those teams will definitely keep them honest for stretches, with the USA pulling away at the end

I watched a bit of France/Australia. France looked awful. Mainly Gobert. Bogut and Baynes ate in the paint.

I watched a bit of France/Australia. France looked awful. Mainly Gobert. Bogut and Baynes ate in the paint.

Yeah that was pretty damn surprising that France looked that bad. They really haven't been playing very good but you'd have to think a team with Tony Parker, Batum, Diaw and Gobert should be able to compete with just about anybody.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom