US Airways First Class Dresscode

Never understood why people pay extra for first class, if the plane crashes you'll still be dead like everyone else

You're absolutely, right. I fly first class because I think it gives me immunity pending a plane crash.

You must never flown first class. Check 2 bags free, drinks when you sit down and a 3 course meal.

I legit been in pain because of how little leg room was in coach. 3 hrs of leg pain is not cool.

This man knows.

ahhh the buddy pass. we had a dress code when we flew first class or business class back when i worked for united.
now when i fly first class for work though, i'll dress any damn way i please if i paid the ridiculous first class fare.

Why are you paying for you own ticket if it is for work? Unless, you own the company.

I think he's implying that his company is paying full price for the ticket. Perhaps even a higher fee

It's not a bad idea to get fresh for a flight. You never know who you might end up sitting next to.

This. Could be a yamb or could be a corporate connect. I have experienced both. Luckily I was presentable, otherwise I doubt I would have succeeded.

I've discussed this here before. Lot of these superficial younger cats today equate maturity with dress for some reason. It's YOLO, SWAG and live with their moms, spend more on clothes than their car or living situation, study fashion/celebs on the internet all day but they put on a slim suit or some tight rolled up highwater jeans, some moccasins and a polo talmbout they are "grown man status" and all that nonsense.

*ahem* ksteezy

Never heard of this policy. But if I'm in first class its not about the status...that extra room is all I care about. People sitting on top of you in coach is a pain.

Never understood why people pay extra for first class, if the plane crashes you'll still be dead like everyone else

You're absolutely, right. I fly first class because I think it gives me immunity pending a plane crash.

You must never flown first class. Check 2 bags free, drinks when you sit down and a 3 course meal.

I legit been in pain because of how little leg room was in coach. 3 hrs of leg pain is not cool.

This man knows.

ahhh the buddy pass. we had a dress code when we flew first class or business class back when i worked for united.
now when i fly first class for work though, i'll dress any damn way i please if i paid the ridiculous first class fare.

Why are you paying for you own ticket if it is for work? Unless, you own the company.

I think he's implying that his company is paying full price for the ticket. Perhaps even a higher fee

It's not a bad idea to get fresh for a flight. You never know who you might end up sitting next to.

This. Could be a yamb or could be a corporate connect. I have experienced both. Luckily I was presentable, otherwise I doubt I would have succeeded.

I've discussed this here before. Lot of these superficial younger cats today equate maturity with dress for some reason. It's YOLO, SWAG and live with their moms, spend more on clothes than their car or living situation, study fashion/celebs on the internet all day but they put on a slim suit or some tight rolled up highwater jeans, some moccasins and a polo talmbout they are "grown man status" and all that nonsense.

*ahem* ksteezy

Sweats all day when I fly. Especially living in cali and I gotta fly all the way back to the southern states.

Wait I thought everyone wore sweats on a flight. Saves room in your luggage. :pimp:. Two pairs of shorts sweats two socks some comfy j's couple shirts hoody and coat. Then take off most layers once you in your seat.
Who cares how you look on a damn airplane b

I wouldn't care who I end up sitting next to, if they're going to judge me based on the clothes I chose to wear on an airplane. >D

The dress code is standard policy when you fly stand-by (buddy pass). The other dudes that were dressed down probably paid full price for their tickets so it's different. As a buddy pass passenger, you're flying through an internal discount through the airline and still expected to represent the company while flying. Dressing up is very little to ask for when youre almost flying for free. I work for a 3rd party company that does delta airline's ramping at OAK and we get to fly unlimited domestic flights as a stand-by for only $50 a year. Again, dressing up and not acting up is all they ask for.

Yep when flying standby on a buddy pass the airline expects you to dress appropriatly to represent the company as if you are part of the company.

The worst is when you hook someone up with a buddy pass and they still complain about the price or expect you to pay for it or the worst they think it's a garanteed seat :smh:

Whoever said it earlier is right to hell with that don't hook nobody up with nothing... sorry to say but it is what it is.

damn, ppl should be able to wear whatever they feel like wearing. Their money, their decision. 

all this airplane talk got me thinking about the airplane food..
sick.gif

For some reason, I've always hated airplane food. It just tastes so different for me 
sick.gif

And if you are the type to dress with sweats, a white tee, J's and a fitted, then you weren't raised right.

cosign. but after watching this vid, i don't think i can say the airline was justified. a policy like that should be made clear imo beforehand. not at the gate. but what really makes this ugly is that 2 non blacks were dressed 100% casual and not called out.

cmon now, fitted or not, that's discrimination. im all for presentable appearance, and loathe..absolutely HATE when dudes rock pants sagging on some chief keef type ****. but if those guys weren't about that life then the airline had no reason to single them out if they were letting on other race passengers dressed casually.

the easiest way to prove racism is simple, do a social experiment. if a white guy
73431_WD6073_m

or flamboyantly gay dude

(no image, but think of the gayest dude you've seen...womens jeans, bag, uggz.)

don't get stopped for going into first class....you already know what it is.

Last edited:
No...They kept serving literally frozen meals on my flight from SF to London :x

Asian airlines are by far the best. Singapore Airlines is the best airline I've ever flown on, and their service and quality is just too damn good. Korean Airlines and Emirates are pretty good too.

I refuse to take domestic/North American based carriers when I fly out of the country any more. If I'm already spending over $1000 for flying, I might as well pay an extra $100-$200 for the best experience.

When I went to Tokyo last year, I went there on United. Trash. Food was sloppy, legroom sucked, flight attendants were meh.

Came back ANA, food was the best I've had on an airline, comfy, great flight attendants, just a much better experience. Never going international on a domestic carrier again.

Sweats and flip flops on a flight?....pfffttt ya need to hop on a flight to DR :lol: women and men looking like they about to hit the club, back hen I was younger I used to get fresh, now he'll no, I do the sweats, tee and sneakers look....my last flight was 12 hours and I was 3 seconds short of jumping on the plane in PJs

Sweats and flip flops on a flight?....pfffttt ya need to hop on a flight to DR :lol: women and men looking like they about to hit the club, back hen I was younger I used to get fresh, now he'll no, I do the sweats, tee and sneakers look....my last flight was 12 hours and I was 3 seconds short of jumping on the plane in PJs

Hell yeah those flights to DR be having straight bad chicks on them.

If you work at Terminal 5 at JFK it is like being in da Heights on a 90 degree day all day every day.

:x

Straight ridiculous outfits chicks be coming through with and you right they look like they about to hit the club or go sell their P.

If you work at Terminal 5 at JFK it is like being in da Heights on a 90 degree day all day every day.

Straight ridiculous outfits chicks be coming through with and you right they look like they about to hit the club or go sell their P.

Fam you ain't never lie, once dudes find out they working on a DR flight they go chill by the gate before boarding. All you see is chickd in tight jeans with no pockets.

Last edited:

Fam you ain't never lie, once dudes find out they working on a DR flight they go chill by the gate before boarding. All you see is tight jeans with no pockets.

You already know :lol:

Ramp dudes be having the pow wow trips out to the DR I heard having crazy fun :pimp:

Catch the incoming flights after they come back from surgery having a hard time walking....so easy to spot them...lol

Seems like working that side of the airport is fun as hell.

people dress up for flights??

I understand if it's a business trip but anything else...

it's sweats or basketball shorts + sandals + t-shirt. Makes getting through security a lot easier.

Most of the time I'm flying is for leisure anyway...

not flying to impress anyone.

people dress up for flights??

I understand if it's a business trip but anything else...

it's sweats or basketball shorts + sandals + t-shirt. Makes getting through security a lot easier.

Most of the time I'm flying is for leisure anyway...

not flying to impress anyone.

Dominicans do, I don't know about anyone else in the Caribbeans.

People mad at the wrong person. The front desk agent did what the airline friend should have done in the first place... Tell those muthasuckas to clean up if they are gonna ride the buddy pass under HIS name on the airline that HE works for.

:smh: At them for calling foul and they don't even know the rules.

cosign. but after watching this vid, i don't think i can say the airline was justified. a policy like that should be made clear imo beforehand. not at the gate. but what really makes this ugly is that 2 non blacks were dressed 100% casual and not called out.

cmon now, fitted or not, that's discrimination. im all for presentable appearance, and loathe..absolutely HATE when dudes rock pants sagging on some chief keef type ****. but if those guys weren't about that life then the airline had no reason to single them out if they were letting on other race passengers dressed casually.

the easiest way to prove racism is simple, do a social experiment. if a white guy
73431_WD6073_m

or flamboyantly gay dude

(no image, but think of the gayest dude you've seen...womens jeans, bag, uggz.)

don't get stopped for going into first class....you already know what it is.

Your missing the part about them flying on an employee buddy pass.

Had they purchased a regular ticket instead there would be no issue about what they were wearing but since their flying on an employee buddy pass different rules apply and they apply for anyone on employee travel regardless of their race.

All that said, the dude that hooked them up should've let them know the dress code before hand for their seats. Hell I wouldn't be suprised if he did but they just choose not to listen to him. My reasoning for that is that when they were asked to change, they had the according clothes to wear.

Last edited:
People mad at the wrong person. The front desk agent did what the airline friend should have done in the first place... Tell those muthasuckas to clean up if they are gonna ride the buddy pass under HIS name on the airline that HE works for.

:smh: At them for calling foul and they don't even know the rules.

When you consider that they had the necessary clothes in their bag, its very well possible their friend that worked there did tell them but they didn't listen, thinking the employees wouldn't tell them anything.

That said, its a complete selfish move on their part how they handled this situation, reaching and crying foul. I bet they probably didn't even bother to call the employee that hooked them up and explain the issue to them. These lames had no consideration and no care for making things hot at work for the guy that hooked them up so for that I hope some people jump them.

There's a way to dress comfortably and still look presentable to the world. Put a little effort into it and leave the athletic pants for exercising. What do sweatpants even look like these days? We're not talking about those heavy cotton things, are we?
sick.gif

There's a way to dress comfortably and still look presentable to the world. Put a little effort into it and leave the athletic pants for exercising. What do sweatpants even look like these days? We're not talking about those heavy cotton things, are we? :x

Nah, they aren't cotton anymore. Sweatpants have become more mature. They look the same, but now they are made out of leather and are nearly skin tight. Every store carries 'em, from Neiman to Wal Mart.

View media item 368384

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom