US Airways First Class Dresscode

Never understood why people pay extra for first class, if the plane crashes you'll still be dead like everyone else

You must never flown first class. Check 2 bags free, drinks when you sit down and a 3 course meal.

I legit been in pain because of how little leg room was in coach. 3 hrs of leg pain is not cool.

Your two "free" checked bags, unlimited "free" drinks and meal (it's still airline food), aren't worth the markup. At all.

My rule of First Class: if someone else is paying for it, fine. If I'm paying for it, no way.

If you don't have the means, then don't fly first class. For longer flights, it is extremely nice. I have long legs and can never get enough leg room in coach, you just have more comfort in general plus if you want to sleep, you don't have to deal with some stranger up against you if you're flying alone. Everything else is a bonus.

Air Canada >>>> * Any other airline from North America

No...They kept serving literally frozen meals on my flight from SF to London :x

Asian airlines are by far the best. Singapore Airlines is the best airline I've ever flown on, and their service and quality is just too damn good. Korean Airlines and Emirates are pretty good too.

I refuse to take domestic/North American based carriers when I fly out of the country any more. If I'm already spending over $1000 for flying, I might as well pay an extra $100-$200 for the best experience.

Last edited:
If you don't have the means, then don't fly first class. For longer flights, it is extremely nice. I have long legs and can never get enough leg room in coach, you just have more comfort in general plus if you want to sleep, you don't have to deal with some stranger up against you if you're flying alone. Everything else is a bonus.

It's not about means. I know rich people who don't fly first class because it's so overpriced. They treat themselves every one in awhile if they have air miles. But that's it.

It's not about means. I know rich people who don't fly first class because it's so overpriced. They treat themselves every one in awhile if they have air miles. But that's it.

I agree with that, no way in hell would I pay regular price just to fly first class. I love first class but not that much.

The dress code is standard policy when you fly stand-by (buddy pass). The other dudes that were dressed down probably paid full price for their tickets so it's different. As a buddy pass passenger, you're flying through an internal discount through the airline and still expected to represent the company while flying. Dressing up is very little to ask for when youre almost flying for free. I work for a 3rd party company that does delta airline's ramping at OAK and we get to fly unlimited domestic flights as a stand-by for only $50 a year. Again, dressing up and not acting up is all they ask for.

The dress code is standard policy when you fly stand-by (buddy pass). The other dudes that were dressed down probably paid full price for their tickets so it's different. As a buddy pass passenger, you're flying through an internal discount through the airline and still expected to represent the company while flying. Dressing up is very little to ask for when youre almost flying for free. I work for a 3rd party company that does delta airline's ramping at OAK and we get to fly unlimited domestic flights as a stand-by for only $50 a year. Again, dressing up and not acting up is all they ask for.

Yes and no, different airlines have different dress codes. When flying standby on USAirways once I was asked by the agent if I had dress clothes in my bag in case they only had first class seats available since it was a full flight before since I would need to be dressed up.

On united its causal but not as strict as USAirways. But delta is lenient as hell with their first class dress code for standbys

I just Barely realized I quoted a dude named long schlong, I feel like I just watched a beavis and butthead episode lmao

Last edited:
Yes and no, different airlines have different dress codes. When flying standby on USAirways once I was asked by the agent if I had dress clothes in my bag in case they only had first class seats available since it was a full flight before since I would need to be dressed up.

On united its causal but not as strict as USAirways. But delta is lenient as hell with their first class dress code for standbys

I just Barely realized I quoted a dude named long schlong, I feel like I just watched a beavis and butthead episode lmao
youre right, i forgot to mention that the dress code was more enforced in first class and not so much in economy. LOL and i came wit that sn cause my first name really is Long

youre right, i forgot to mention that the dress code was more enforced in first class and not so much in economy. LOL and i came wit that sn cause my first name really is Long

View media item 367175

Long Duck Dong

I agree with that, no way in hell would I pay regular price just to fly first class. I love first class but not that much.

View media item 367191
I would :tongue:

No...They kept serving literally frozen meals on my flight from SF to London :x

Asian airlines are by far the best. Singapore Airlines is the best airline I've ever flown on, and their service and quality is just too damn good. Korean Airlines and Emirates are pretty good too.

I refuse to take domestic/North American based carriers when I fly out of the country any more. If I'm already spending over $1000 for flying, I might as well pay an extra $100-$200 for the best experience.
This man knows. Repped.

My thoughts as well. If you know your flying on a buddy pass or an employee hook up, just bite your tongue rather then make it hot for the person who hooked you up unless the situation is blatant.

My dad worked for USAirways so I used to fly free on them and still get buddy passes from him. In the cases where the flights are booked full hes told me to dress up in the event that they bump me to first class which has happened a few times before. He told me if I wasn't dressed up they wouldn't let me sit first class.

I think that's just USAirways policy though. I currently fly on an employee companion pass with delta and their much more easy in regards to dress code for employees and friends of employees. I've sat first class with Cargo shorts, foams, and a 49ers jersey on my flight to New Orleans this year for the Super Bowl.

This, verbatim.

Pops had me listed as a dependent, I was everywhere. I miss those free flights :smh:

ahhh the buddy pass. we had a dress code when we flew first class or business class back when i worked for united.
now when i fly first class for work though, i'll dress any damn way i please if i paid the ridiculous first class fare.

Why are you paying for you own ticket if it is for work? Unless, you own the company.

One of my goals is to fly first class next time if its a 12+ hr flight. Being 6'3 and flying coach for over 12 hours SUCKS.

:lol: At if you don't dress up to get on a flight, you weren't raised right.

Airplanes are some of the dirtiest places there are, I'm not putting on my good clothes to sit in a cramped dirty seat for 2+ hours..that doesn't even make sense.

Last edited:
:lol: At if you don't dress up to get on a flight, you weren't raised right.

Airplanes are some of the dirtiest places there are, I'm not putting on my good clothes to sit in a cramped dirty seat for 2+ hours..that doesn't even make sense.
a domestic flight is damn near a bus,
these dudes runnin around in their finest old navy cable knit sweater vests :smh:

my first (and so far only) first class flight I had on camo shorts, a la coka nostra shirt, mishka fitted and playoff XI's. got looks but that was it.

I desegregated first class!

It's not a bad idea to get fresh for a flight. You never know who you might end up sitting next to.

I've discussed this here before. Lot of these superficial younger cats today equate maturity with dress for some reason. It's YOLO, SWAG and live with their moms, spend more on clothes than their car or living situation, study fashion/celebs on the internet all day but they put on a slim suit or some tight rolled up highwater jeans, some moccasins and a polo talmbout they are "grown man status" and all that nonsense.

*ahem* ksteezy

flown just about every major us airlines both coach and first class never had an issue..i usually go in hotel slippers, fitted, white t with a light sweater, and basketball shorts or sweats.

I flew that airline from Huston to San Diego first class in jeans and a hoodie. The only complain they had is that my guitar would take too much space over head. I give no damns since "united breaks guitars" so I wasnt going to let them put it with the rest of the luggage :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom