US Airways First Class Dresscode

Thats the worst part, now their friend is most likely going to get fired especially with that lawsuit

And this is why we can't have nice things. Airlines are probably going to do away with the buddy pass feature or restrict it and make it only available to employees.

Even if they didn't know the rules, dudes should have just taken the L and caught a later flight (free/discounted future flights definitely worth complying with airline friends & family rules).

Last edited:
ahhh the buddy pass. we had a dress code when we flew first class or business class back when i worked for united.
now when i fly first class for work though, i'll dress any damn way i please if i paid the ridiculous first class fare.

I grew up in the islands. Flying was an event for me, I still get fresh to go sit in coach. :smokin

:lol: :rofl:g :pimp:

U.S. Airways is not really at fault here. While traveling on a buddy pass most airline policies is to travel in casual business attire, even the workers who travel as perk are suppose to follow that.

Yeap... yvespo3 already know what time it is... you gotta be careful how and who you give you buddy passes too.

Sort of like a swoosh account because if they do some hot boy type ish like these dudes then you most likely going to lose your job too.

:smh:

U.S. Airways is not really at fault here. While traveling on a buddy pass most airline policies is to travel in casual business attire, even the workers who travel as perk are suppose to follow that.

word, I was 100% with the kids until I heard them snitching on their hookup, :smh:

Yep, I jumped the gun. I missed that last part where it said they were flying on an employee buddy pass. I thought that they were just telling some regular ticket holders how to dress. My mistake. US Airways is still boycotted because their planes are raggedy and their first class sucks though.

It definitely sounded like some serious discrimination...until the buddy pass thing. I've never gotten one so I don't know but if it truly is US Airways written policy that there's an enforced dress code when travelling on a buddy pass, they don't have much of a case unless there had been something else that occurred. I get that they're making the point that they'd already gone through check-in and gotten to the gate but it was likely an oversight.
I'm not saying US Airways acted valiantly but wouldn't it have been as big of a deal if they enforced the dress code right away, that they were singled out from the start because of race? The white & Filipino kids appearance doesn't matter if theirs were full-price tickets. If there was evidence that they'd let white folks through in similar clothes whose tickets were buddy passes, then it'd really be a big issue.

US Airways does suck though.

word, I was 100% with the kids until I heard them snitching on their hookup, :smh:

Yep, I jumped the gun. I missed that last part where it said they were flying on an employee buddy pass. I thought that they were just telling some regular ticket holders how to dress. My mistake. US Airways is still boycotted because their planes are raggedy and their first class sucks though.

It definitely sounded like some serious discrimination...until the buddy pass thing. I've never gotten one so I don't know but if it truly is US Airways written policy that there's an enforced dress code when travelling on a buddy pass, they don't have much of a case unless there had been something else that occurred. I get that they're making the point that they'd already gone through check-in and gotten to the gate but it was likely an oversight.
I'm not saying US Airways acted valiantly but wouldn't it have been as big of a deal if they enforced the dress code right away, that they were singled out from the start because of race? The white & Filipino kids appearance doesn't matter if theirs were full-price tickets. If there was evidence that they'd let white folks through in similar clothes whose tickets were buddy passes, then it'd really be a big issue.

US Airways does suck though.

I was just wondering how they could dictate a last minute dress code after paying that much for a ticket. I missed the part about the buddy pass, so that changes everything. Dudes are some clowns who are gonna' get their people fired and the lawyer is playing the race issue for sympathy so they can get paid. US Airways does indeed suck though.

" If there was evidence that they'd let white folks through in similar clothes whose tickets were buddy passes, then it'd really be a big issue"

Definitely.

Last edited:
Yep, Mason Betha and a few of your other favorite black rappers were on those flights too and they all had on fitteds and sweats and weren't getting hounded either. OK. LOL.

Wow. Ignorant reply of the year?

I've always ever seen people dressed presentable in first class. That doesnt mean your always have to wear a suit and tie. And if you are the type to dress with sweats, a white tee, J's and a fitted, then you weren't raised right.

And HIS is the ignorant reply of the year? You're not raised right because you dress casually/comfortably for a flight?

****, I'm a white kid from the suburbs who tends towards 90% "dressing better" thread and 10% sweats/shorts and a t-shirt but unless I have somewhere to be directly from my destination airport, I have and will wear whatever is most comfortable to me, even in 1st class. Did so for a snowboarding trip from NY-DEN, just replace the fitted with a beanie and the white t with a thermal & soft shell. Maybe I didn't get second looks because I'm harmless (and handsome) but you made a huge leap suggesting someone dressing anything like that wasn't raised right. Awful.

Yep, dude really just came on Niketalk.com talmbout wearing fitteds, Js, sweats and plain colored tees means that you weren't raised right. :lol:

Never understood why people pay extra for first class, if the plane crashes you'll still be dead like everyone else

Thats the worst part, now their friend is most likely going to get fired especially with that lawsuit

My thoughts as well. If you know your flying on a buddy pass or an employee hook up, just bite your tongue rather then make it hot for the person who hooked you up unless the situation is blatant.

My dad worked for USAirways so I used to fly free on them and still get buddy passes from him. In the cases where the flights are booked full hes told me to dress up in the event that they bump me to first class which has happened a few times before. He told me if I wasn't dressed up they wouldn't let me sit first class.

I think that's just USAirways policy though. I currently fly on an employee companion pass with delta and their much more easy in regards to dress code for employees and friends of employees. I've sat first class with Cargo shorts, foams, and a 49ers jersey on my flight to New Orleans this year for the Super Bowl.

back in the day it was a big deal to fly in a plane

people would get dressed for air travel like they get dressed for church

Residue of a past generation...

My moms and grandmoms believe one should dress up to get on a plain, while my sisters, cousins and I always try to go as comfortable as possible(sweats, basketball shorts, tee ect.).

Last edited:
:lol: :rofl:g :pimp:
Yeap... yvespo3 already know what time it is... you gotta be careful how and who you give you buddy passes too.

Sort of like a swoosh account because if they do some hot boy type ish like these dudes then you most likely going to lose your job too.

:smh:

Exactly, I was lucky enough to get a companion pass from one of my best friends. I been flying standby for years now so I know how the whole setup works, but I told him to be real careful who he gives his buddy passes out to because its people who don't know any better, dont care, don't know how flying standby works and will make a scene when they don't get on the flight etc. he was telling me a bunch of people he knows were trying to buy buddy passes off him, I told him that outside of close friends id be real skeptical who I deal with.

This is why you can't hook people up. No free passes, no job references, nada.

Exactly.

On a side note buddy passes aren't even worth it to me. You save a few bucks but your seats aren't guaranteed and if you need to be somewhere at a certain time its not even worth it. I would fly from LA to NYC regularly on USAirways for about $200 round trip on a buddy pass, between having to connect at a different airport, and sometimes not getting on flights. I rather just pay the extra $100 and fly on jet blue and have an assigned seat and none of the worries.

Last edited:
Comfort over style anyday for flying, I will never wear jeans or slacks again. Traveled from NY to Vegas and felt horrible, for short trips its ok but anything over 2 hours, NA

OP, put your race card away for a while. Every thread I've seen you post in or create has been race related. Take a breather. Not everyone is out to get you or against Black people.

OP, put your race card away for a while. Every thread I've seen you post in or create has been race related. Take a breather. Not everyone is out to get you or against Black people.

>D

I think we moved past that a while ago. Try contributing something to the thread or keep it moving.

I usually just dress reg wether it's first class or a buddy pass. The only time it's ball shorts or sweat pants is when I have a long flight. More so international.

If you on a buddy pass your really not trying to draw attention to yourself since its a hook up and someone else income your playing with

Never understood why people pay extra for first class, if the plane crashes you'll still be dead like everyone else

You must never flown first class. Check 2 bags free, drinks when you sit down and a 3 course meal.

I legit been in pain because of how little leg room was in coach. 3 hrs of leg pain is not cool.

You must never flown first class. Check 2 bags free, drinks when you sit down and a 3 course meal.

I legit been in pain because of how little leg room was in coach. 3 hrs of leg pain is not cool.

Imagine 5+ hrs of no leg room :smh:

Yep, Mason Betha and a few of your other favorite black rappers were on those flights too and they all had on fitteds and sweats and weren't getting hounded either. OK. LOL.

Wow. Ignorant reply of the year?

I've always ever seen people dressed presentable in first class. That doesnt mean your always have to wear a suit and tie. And if you are the type to dress with sweats, a white tee, J's and a fitted, then you weren't raised right.

And HIS is the ignorant reply of the year? You're not raised right because you dress casually/comfortably for a flight?

****, I'm a white kid from the suburbs who tends towards 90% "dressing better" thread and 10% sweats/shorts and a t-shirt but unless I have somewhere to be directly from my destination airport, I have and will wear whatever is most comfortable to me, even in 1st class. Did so for a snowboarding trip from NY-DEN, just replace the fitted with a beanie and the white t with a thermal & soft shell. Maybe I didn't get second looks because I'm harmless (and handsome) but you made a huge leap suggesting someone dressing anything like that wasn't raised right. Awful.

we both better inform our parents that they did a piss poor job of raising us since we like to dress comfortable to get on a plane. my moms gonna be so disappointed.

Your two "free" checked bags, unlimited "free" drinks and meal (it's still airline food), aren't worth the markup. At all.

My rule of First Class: if someone else is paying for it, fine. If I'm paying for it, no way.

Back
Top Bottom