UPDATE: Got My First Lesson Yesterday

I only have my motorcycle license, sorry buddy.

We can learn together and drive to Yankee stadium
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Anyone here take the NY driving test?

How is it? What should I expect?

really depends on the person giving you the test. i had a mad chill lady and we ended up talking about college basketball cause i was wearing my ben gordonuconn jersey, and she just told me which direction to turn at each intersection and where to park etc. the chick i took the test with got some hardass dude whofailed her because she slowed down after a turn instead of maintaining a contant speed

Originally Posted by ELTiZZLE

really depends on the person giving you the test. i had a mad chill lady and we ended up talking about college basketball cause i was wearing my ben gordon uconn jersey, and she just told me which direction to turn at each intersection and where to park etc. the chick i took the test with got some hardass dude who failed her because she slowed down after a turn instead of maintaining a contant speed
I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed, then.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I only have my motorcycle license, sorry buddy.

We can learn together and drive to Yankee stadium
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I don't even know how to turn properly. No surprise I failed my road test. MTA FTW...sometimes.

laugh.gif
I'm in the process of getting my harlem and I'm turning 25 in 3 mnths
laugh.gif
...and from what I hear the dmv road test is between 10-15minutes....drive straight for a few mins...make some left turns....right turns....3 point tuturn...and then park. Just go to a dmv and pay 225 for a packagethat'll include 5 lessons...5 hr class...and road test appt with car.

This is NYC I have a car and I take the MTA more than I drive....Driving in NYC is a pain....everyday you are avoiding a serious accident due tocabs....idiot.........drivers...people walking like snails in the street on a green light that get mad when you still speed up and beep your horn....How yourockin Forrest Gumps and jay walking...?

I got my license Feb. 23rd of this year. I had a nice guy, telling me where to turn and park with no attitude or anything.

You're going to need to get your permit first. In order to do that, you need to take the Written test. In all honesty, study for it. People may say "
roll.gif
you don't need to study for that", but I would. You'll besurprised at the people I know who got easy stuff wrong (and failed because of it).

I'm about to go to eat, when I get back I'll reply with better help, seeing as I am a fairly new driver. Plus, you're a fellow Yankee fan, so Idon't mind.

The road test in the Bronx is supposed to be pretty easy, but if you have a problem with it just take it in Westchester.

Originally Posted by bkmac

I got my license Feb. 23rd of this year. I had a nice guy, telling me where to turn and park with no attitude or anything.

You're going to need to get your permit first. In order to do that, you need to take the Written test. In all honesty, study for it. People may say "
roll.gif
you don't need to study for that", but I would. You'll be surprised at the people I know who got easy stuff wrong (and failed because of it).

I'm about to go to eat, when I get back I'll reply with better help, seeing as I am a fairly new driver. Plus, you're a fellow Yankee fan, so I don't mind.
I'm looking forward to it, thanks.

And I got my permit on Monday. I studied hard for the whole day before it only to get questions like what do you do at a stop sign or what does a big yellowsign with "RR" written on it mean.

It was so outrageously easy.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
@Paper tests and having them manually graded, though. Had like 50 people sitting around while someone actually graded the tests by hand. They can'tafford a scantron at the very least?!

In NY, you need a permit before the license.

And yeah, it all depends on who is giving you the road test. I failed my first time because I had a strict lady (it didn't help that her supervisor wasalso at the site monitoring things) and I just wasn't ready...practiced some more for a few months then passed the test the second time. I had a morerelaxed lady the second time; I was convinced I messed up on the parallel parking but she told me to keep going.
grin.gif

Practice does help. Just get comfortable behind the wheel.

Besides, you don't really need to drive to Yankee games, anyway,
laugh.gif
. If you do, my friend knows a spot to park where you can avoid paying the $15-35dollars the Yankees charge to park in their lots. But imo, taking the 4 to the Stadium >>>>>>>>> driving there.

i was in the same boat till about 2 years ago:lol: no need to have a car if u in the city in chicago either..CTA @%##!

Hit me up through a PM..I know a guy out on the island that does the driving tests..I can hit him up if you take it out here...

NOT!

laugh.gif

But seriously..You get the pass cause you live in the city..

Just study for the Written test..They have practice tests online that basically have the same questions on the actual quiz.

Then just practice your %$# off driving..Come on the island so you can actually drive without traffic.

really depends on the person giving you the test. i had a mad chill lady and we ended up talking about college basketball cause i was wearing my ben gordon uconn jersey, and she just told me which direction to turn at each intersection and where to park etc. the chick i took the test with got some hardass dude who failed her because she slowed down after a turn instead of maintaining a contant speed

pretty much... i had this old white lady...didnt seem much into chatting...as long as you can do your 3..or 4 point U-turn...seat belt, signals..and keep youreyes on the 3 mirrors you should be straight...had no probs ...i know a dude that cant seem to pass the road test though and another who failed instantlybecause out the gate he didnt put his signal for a right turn down the block...he got about a good 7feet from the start before he got that F ..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Crumbs

pretty much... i had this old white lady...didnt seem much into chatting...as long as you can do your 3..or 4 point U-turn...seat belt, signals..and keep your eyes on the 3 mirrors you should be straight...had no probs ...i know a dude that cant seem to pass the road test though and another who failed instantly because out the gate he didnt put his signal for a right turn down the block...he got about a good 7feet from the start before he got that F ..
roll.gif

roll.gif
Try failing without even getting out of the parking sport
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom