Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

I’m curious how you’d balance this.

Let’s say someone has the “fit” aspect but they are bipolar.

Do you see that as a net negative? Or how would you balance the trade offs as they get more complicated? Is there a government team who reviews reproductive applications, and if so how would they know that these people are telling the truth about their age and their health or mental health? Cancer comes up later in life sometimes, so you could allow someone with unwanted traits to reproduce and now your system failed, unless you have an idea.

Not attacking, legit curious.

Things "out of their control" would get a pass within reason but after you have your first kid if you were a mess, show improvement before having another one.

Essentially you have to show some type of growth career wise, financially or socially to get another one.

A good analogy is the credit system in this country which is problematic but a similar system could be used to determine if you could afford to have another child.

I'm not saying this won't have its problems, even bordering on human rights violations if done poorly. But it is something we should look into as a society.

We all know someone who already has like 3 children then they have another one you're like really. You could barely take care of the other 3.

Last edited:
I'm semi with you there Deusaverat. I have pondered the question of should having children be a privilege? Mostly on a slow world de-population reasoning.

But it has come at a cost over there in China. They're now done with the one child policy back in 2015 but unexpectedly created the 4-2-1 problem whereas the single child would have to essentially take care or pay for their 4 grandparents (long term). which is maddening and implausible. Add to the fact that they are sexist and will prefer boys to girls as their offspring. terrible stories of the big A word late term, abandoning girls, trafficking and such. in total Out of China’s population of 1.4 billion, there are nearly 34 million more males than females . wouldn't happen here just throwing out the effects of their policies.

I'm semi with you there Deusaverat. I have pondered the question of should having children be a privilege? Mostly on a slow world de-population reasoning.

But it has come at a cost over there in China. They're now done with the one child policy back in 2015 but unexpectedly created the 4-2-1 problem whereas the single child would have to essentially take care or pay for their 4 grandparents (long term). which is maddening and implausible. Add to the fact that they are sexist and will prefer boys to girls as their offspring. terrible stories of the big A word late term, abandoning girls, trafficking and such. in total Out of China’s population of 1.4 billion, there are nearly 34 million more males than females . wouldn't happen here just throwing out the effects of their policies.

Yea but unlike China this isn't a hard ban on having additional children. The purpose of this is to not only reduce the environmental burden on society but also financial. It is also to the benefit of many unborn children to have fit parents.

Really hate this socks over leggings trend. Even see guys doing it, like if they're wearing tights under shorts or joggers. I also feel like I'm too old to adopt this trend anyway, thus I hate it.

https://www.newslax.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Sports-socks-over-leggings-the-new-trend-that-is-dominating.jpg
Keeps the body heat from escaping when playing in cold weather

I do that when I play ball in the cold. Used to laugh at it then tried it and it makes a difference

20s are cool, i like the design even with the weird ankle strap. Shoes mad sleek, i liked working out in my pair.

Every Jordan after the 7s are horrid.

The 2s are horrid too.

If we are being honest the only good Jordans are the 1s,3s and 4s.

11s gotta be the most overrated shoe of all time.

Back
Top Bottom