Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

takes getting hotter :lol:. this is the unpopular opinion thread after all. you should expect this:lol:

One bad take about the silhouettes gets dropped and then suddenly dudes come out the woodworks talmbout 11’s are overrated.

This thread is a trash heap at times :lol:

after 23s its really really bleak lol (i cant even blame some of you for starting sooner than that even)

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 9.12.57 PM.png

I'm over drinking alcohol and unintentionally stopped drinking it.

I'll spoiler the long explanation but TLDR- it slowly start phasing out of my life and now when I go out I find myself just not ordering a drink. Or even drinking at home. And that's perfectly fine with me.. somehow. People find it weird.

I had someone tell me "tell people you're recovering AA when they act weird." because apparently that would be more okay than just saying "I don't want a drink".

I think I gradually (and unintentionally) phased drinking alcohol out of my life. Recently I found myself drinking less and less. At first it was mainly a money saving thing cause I'm frugal like that. I hate going out and paying $9-$12 for a drink when a bottle of Bourbon is $20-$30 at the store, or a pack of beer is $12-$20. Then you gotta tip the bartender and all this jazz. So if I ever went out, I'd have 1 drink. Brewery get togethers with some friends, or dinner dates w/ the wife, etc. I only really wanted 1 drink, or I thought "I'd rather go home and just have a good pour of some good bourbon at home" .

Then I started falling out of love with the idea of being tipsy or drunk while I'm out. I have a good time on my own, I never quite felt the NEED to drink to have a good time (thankfully). But recently, I found myself saying "No" when asked if I want a drink or if I want to have a drink at dinner because I either want to make sure that if something pops off I'm there mentally to do everything I can do make it out. And I also never wanna deal w/ possible DUI's or any chance of my drink affecting my driving.

But all of this to say, when I've been going on my dinner dates w/ my wife or w/ friends, everyone's drinking. The waiter gets to me and I order a soda or a water, and the thought crosses my mind. "drink?"
But my mind immediately goes "nah, not interested". It just doesn't sound appealing to me. I would really rather not. Save money, drive myself and not worry, not have the worry of a bartender making a drink I don't really like, etc. All the reasons flood in and I just go "nah."

Side note - being on this side of the drinking line has showed me that mfs get weirded out when you don't drink with them. People act weird if I don't get one. I've had people ask my wife "is he alright? is he upset or something wrong?" because I didn't order an alcoholic drink. Baffles my damb mind.

^ Definitely feel this. Honestly do not like drinking that much but sucks when most of your friends are really into it so when I go out with them usually have a few. By the end of the night I'm thinking, "This isn't really fun" but also don't like being the only sober person in a room full of people drinking.

Now usually just have 1 drink when going out with friends

^ Definitely feel this. Honestly do not like drinking that much but sucks when most of your friends are really into it so when I go out with them usually have a few. By the end of the night I'm thinking, "This isn't really fun" but also don't like being the only sober person in a room full of people drinking.

Now usually just have 1 drink when going out with friends
I see your side as well. I personally never really fell to peer pressure much in my life or felt like I needed to do something to fit in. But then again I’m also an only child who wouldn’t really care about having a life with very few friends.. especially if they didn’t want to hang out with me cause I didn’t get a drink when they did.

You gotta look at Jordan's with a different eye after a certain number. The xvi were the last ones you could really freak casually. After that it's all about on court flyness and performance. But yea all the ones named after the year are trash. There's been consistent bangers since the xx8 tho

Some of their commercials are funny as heck.
Couldn’t give a damb less bout that.

Atmosphere for regular dining = trash
Food = mid af
Service = almost always below mid or trash (at multiple I’ve unfortunately been to)
Prices = overpriced for mid food

Just overall a mid place, don’t understand why anyone other than peeps wanting a loud atmosphere to watch a popular sports game ever wants to eat there.

Couldn’t give a damb less bout that.

Atmosphere for regular dining = trash
Food = mid af
Service = almost always below mid or trash (at multiple I’ve unfortunately been to)
Prices = overpriced for mid food

Just overall a mid place, don’t understand why anyone other than peeps wanting a loud atmosphere to watch a popular sports game ever wants to eat there.
B Dubs is the new Applebees as far as I’m concerned.

As long as they hit the sprinkler when my favorite team is about to lose on a pick 6 I will eat their **** that sounds gross

Back
Top Bottom