Under Armour?

These are the (two) pairs releasing on the 14th per SBD

1721246518124.jpeg

These are the (two) pairs releasing on the 14th per SBD

1721246518124.jpeg
I’ll be copping for history, but not a really a fan. I do think the color blocking is improved from the previous few models, but overall uninteresting design.

And nooooobody cared. I can't believe I watched his line peter out like this. Up til like the 7, it had hits and misses like any other line, but was still viable. At this point aside from Swipa, Podziemski and like 2 other guys, we won't see anybody else playing in these. Greatest shooter of all time and for the last 5 years UA has done ****all to capitalize on it with any products.

Damn shame.

And nooooobody cared. I can't believe I watched his line peter out like this. Up til like the 7, it had hits and misses like any other line, but was still viable. At this point aside from Swipa, Podziemski and like 2 other guys, we won't see anybody else playing in these. Greatest shooter of all time and for the last 5 years UA has done ****all to capitalize on it with any products.

Damn shame.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I mean the Curry 8 was a solid shoe, the sad thing is that they put out the same cushion setup since then, it's pathetic lol. Don't know the cushion on the new one coming out but I'd assume it won't be drastically better if any improvement.

Kevin Plank believes Under Armour is an elite brand, and elite brands don’t give discounts — or at least not as many as his company has been.

The Baltimore-based apparel company has recently been slashing its number of online promotions, pushing consumers to pay full price, Plank told investors Thursday.

-

Throughout Thursday’s earning call, he repeatedly referred to Under Armour as a “sports house” — a riff on the term “fashion house.” The top fashion houses are European companies with rich histories and premium brands that dominate the fashion world, Plank said, and there is a similar phenomenon in the world of athletic apparel.

“Across the sports brand landscape, we believe there are less than five brands that can be represented on this podium for sports globally,” Plank said. “We are one of them.”

Some of the company’s recent revenue losses came as it stopped offering so many online discounts, Plank said. That led to a big hit in sales, he said, but there was a bright spot: An uptick in consumers paying full price.

According to Plank, those “higher-average order values” bode well for Under Armour’s future.

“Last year, when we sent an email to consumers, two-thirds of these messages were about discounts or promotions, and one-third were focused on full-price selling and storytelling,” Plank said. “This year, that ratio is now inverted.”

For too long, the company has generated sales by slapping its logo and an attractive price tag on a product, Plank said.

Racks of discounted Under Armour clothes at department stores like Kohl’s have long been ubiquitous, and the brand is a staple of online retail sales.

Instead, Plank said, Under Armour should be focused on creating the best products possible ― and marketing them aggressively.

That includes paying more social media influencers. Plank pointed to the recent signing of Haley and Hanna Cavinder as an example. The twins play basketball at the University of Miami and have millions of followers on TikTok.

“Over the next few years, we intend to double the number of influencers in our creator program to lean into fresh new content to drive reach and engagement,” Plank said.

Kevin Plank believes Under Armour is an elite brand, and elite brands don’t give discounts — or at least not as many as his company has been.

The Baltimore-based apparel company has recently been slashing its number of online promotions, pushing consumers to pay full price, Plank told investors Thursday.

-

Throughout Thursday’s earning call, he repeatedly referred to Under Armour as a “sports house” — a riff on the term “fashion house.” The top fashion houses are European companies with rich histories and premium brands that dominate the fashion world, Plank said, and there is a similar phenomenon in the world of athletic apparel.

“Across the sports brand landscape, we believe there are less than five brands that can be represented on this podium for sports globally,” Plank said. “We are one of them.”

Some of the company’s recent revenue losses came as it stopped offering so many online discounts, Plank said. That led to a big hit in sales, he said, but there was a bright spot: An uptick in consumers paying full price.

According to Plank, those “higher-average order values” bode well for Under Armour’s future.

“Last year, when we sent an email to consumers, two-thirds of these messages were about discounts or promotions, and one-third were focused on full-price selling and storytelling,” Plank said. “This year, that ratio is now inverted.”

For too long, the company has generated sales by slapping its logo and an attractive price tag on a product, Plank said.

Racks of discounted Under Armour clothes at department stores like Kohl’s have long been ubiquitous, and the brand is a staple of online retail sales.

Instead, Plank said, Under Armour should be focused on creating the best products possible ― and marketing them aggressively.

That includes paying more social media influencers. Plank pointed to the recent signing of Haley and Hanna Cavinder as an example. The twins play basketball at the University of Miami and have millions of followers on TikTok.

“Over the next few years, we intend to double the number of influencers in our creator program to lean into fresh new content to drive reach and engagement,” Plank said.
lol start with making more stuff people want to pay full price for…

Steph hits one of the most killer shots in the history of USA basketball in the Olympics. UA? Got nothin. No shoes, no gear of any kind, just a trash company at this point, if you can't in any way capitalize on your main signature athlete performing at the highest level, with the literal world watching.
I’d still give UA a pass. Outside of Nike being the team’s outfitter, I don’t see anyone getting a chance at those gold foil Lebron 22, and those special kd17 and book 1 pe’s with gold hits. Will we even have a chance at those USA lebron 22’s that lebron and a’ja wore? “Winning isn’t for everyone.” As Nike said.

Copped the Navy pair for the ‘collection’, I might actually wear them tho I have too many Curry 1’s that aren’t wearable that I should take that as a sign.

Got mine in today. These feel like an upgraded 11 overall where the upper material feels more substantial. Not sure how i feel with the felt panels replacing the fuse panels from the 11.

Back
Top Bottom