Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

Please define "Community".

Black community?

Marginalized community?

Impoverished community?

Disadvantaged community?

Oppressed community?

If skin color does not make humans more or less violent, then it's illogical to use skin color as the basis for violence.

Causes for violence can be social, cultural, environmental, psychological, etc.

Skin color = not so much.

Associating "Black" with "Violence" is how the oppressor hides and convinces the world that he doesn't exist.

The reason violence exists in the Black community has nothing to do with ethnicity/race (both social constructs).

Black people are the target of oppression, poverty, marginalization, racism, etc.

The only environment Black people control is within their own scope and range of authority.

Black culture and image will be weaponized so long as it's defined by the oppressor.

My statement was WE have a problem with violence in our community. I NEVER associated “black” with “violence”. Try again champ. We have a problem with violence in our community that needs to be addressed. That’s clear as can be. Which would explain the 4 kids from one school they have been killed by gun violence this year alone.

P Present …..from the time it took you to type that long list of excuses you did………another ***** just shot and killed another *****. From the time I began to type my response to you……another ***** just shot and killed another *****. None of the what you typed applies to ANY of those killings. Food for thought champ.

Make this make sense.

Well at least you asked, thank you for that. Meaning WE don’t ADDRESS the violence that WE create in our own community. Black person guns down another black person……it’s busy as usual. No outcry….no nothing on grand scale. Again WE DONT ADDRESS the violence we create….plain as can be. We got dudes on here that practically admit that it doesn’t exist….the lie of all lies.

The truth exists somewhere in between.

A lot of crime in the community and ALL of it can't be because of, "The man."

But I also acknowledge a lot of it is simply because of a lack of resources/$ in the community.

Some of us have to do better.

But I also acknowledge a lot of it is simply because of a lack of resources/$ in the community.

How do you get folks to do better when they don’t know any better?…And the reason they don’t know better is out of their control ?

Like The shooting in Baltimore is in a housing project on the side of town the locals don’t even acknowledge, it’s more news nationally than local…Things are running exactly as is should cuz that’s how “they” set it up

Halfway between the truth and a lie is still a lie.

The fact is oppression exists for Black people in this country.

Unless/until that issue is addressed (together/for all of us), there is no "We".

Any real togetherness/progress as a group won't be achieved when the powers that be see Black Power and Black Unity as a threat.

The best any of us can do is take accountability for what we control in our own lives.

Resources is the name of the game, and without resources, all this hullaballoo about stopping violence is much ado about nothing.

I can tell some folks never spent a minute living in specific environments or witnessing certain situations up close and personal.

Having grown up in the 90s, we've definitely come a long way - and I have hope we will continue, not by attributing violence to our skin color while ignoring reality, but by facing the truth and continuing to fight through it as best we can from where we are, as individuals.

If you can get some folks to join you (or join with others) then great...just don't be loud about it. :lol:

200w.gif

Last edited:
How do you get folks to do better when they don’t know any better?…And the reason they don’t know better is out of their control ?

Like The shooting in Baltimore is in a housing project on the side of town the locals don’t even acknowledge, it’s more news nationally than local…Things are running exactly as is should cuz that’s how “they” set it up

I think in theory people KNOW better but circumstances don't allow them to act how they "should" act.

I don't buy the they don't KNOW better. They know better but doing the "right" thing is difficult in certain environments.

“Let us say boldly that if the violations of law by the [Caucasian] man in the slums over the years were calculated and compared with the law-breaking of a few days of riots, the hardened criminal would be the [Caucasian] man. These are often difficult things to say, but I have come to see more and more that it is necessary to utter the truth in order to deal with the great problems that we face in our society.”

“I’ve come upon something that disturbs me deeply. We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know we will win, but I have come to believe that we are integrating into a burning house. I’m afraid that America has lost the moral vision she may have had, and I’m afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears the soul of this nation. I fear I am integrating my people into a burning house.”

Evidently for some folks...

giphy.gif

...forget putting out the fire, we should all just stop being hot. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
No outcry? I can get on board with we need more, but none? or even implying that or very little? Eh, nah.

Well at least this statement is a step in the right direction. I’m not seeing dudes post videos from the 1960’s with a bunch of old dudes talking about local empowerment groups being infiltrated or anything of the sort. Dudes need to get off of that. Best statement was the last statement…..”some of us have to do better”.

What about the folks that don’t know any better but still do better? Adults and teenagers KNOW better, they choose not to do better. “They don’t know any better” is such a tired *** argument/excuse and never going to fix anything. It’s like DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican said, it lies somewhere in the middle. We can’t blame everything on the man, somewhere the people doing these things need to take accountability

No outcry? I can get on board with we need more, but none? or even implying that or very little? Eh, nah.

I said it right the first time champ. Very little to none……and truth be told it’s closer to none than very little. Which is why in this very thread we have folks thinking that a problem doesn’t exist.

I haven’t seen anybody in here saying don’t hold folks accountable…But just locking ppl up isn’t the answer, there has to be a way to help prevent them from wildin in the 1st place and that goes past “accountability” and “blaming the man” talking points yall on

Throw em all in jail is the same old play that hasn’t worked before and won’t work again …There will always be a fresh class of youngins to lock up if root causes aren't seriously addressed, and that’s what that powers at be are counting on and it’s working just the way it should

There’s lots of programs to try and help prevent people from Wildin and sometimes it works, but you can’t help people who don’t want to be helped. I worked with a lot of local youths in my previous job and it’s wild how some of them truly want to do better and some want to be about the streets :smh:

The challenge is getting through to them and showing them there are alternatives to that life even without a college degree. But I’ve seen it from lower class youths and upper middle class youths

i see kids wildin. You wanna throw young blk youth in jail.
“Kids wildin” huh……….

Don’t worry champ I’ll give you time to edit your post out thinking that these teens were just “WILDIN”.

All stories within the last month champ….with more articles that I could have posted and unfortunately with many more articles on the way in the nearby future. Again, if you aren’t from the city, don’t know the streets in general or don’t know what you are talking about just say that. I would appreciate that a lot more.

“Kids wildin” huh……….

Don’t worry champ I’ll give you time to edit your post out thinking that these teens were just “WILDIN”.

All stories within the last month champ….with more articles that I could have posted and unfortunately with many more articles on the way in the nearby future. Again, if you aren’t from the city, don’t know the streets in general or don’t know what you are talking about just say that. I would appreciate that a lot more.
miss me with your bs.
like i said before. u wouldn't last here in the bay. straight get your whip bipped for being a straight up weirdo

there's programs here in Cali. Currently working in the wrap around services (https://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/cdss-programs/foster-care/wraparound). it ain't perfect but it's something..
We help provide mentors for the kiddos and family partners for caregivers.

Cali may be the toughest because of the gang culture. Y'all have no idea about the politics!

It's more beneficial to hit problem homes when kids are younger though. like 5-10. Getting referrals when youth are 15-17 is tough. Most are far gone with deviant ambition. But, it's doable. Harder though

most of these homes maybe 90% are single parents. There's a huge problem with men not taking accountability!

Back
Top Bottom