Tyler Hansborough in NBA: David Lee or Mark Madsen?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY way he sees any type of success is if he keeps working on that jumper (which I'll admit he has)

Cause he is NOT scoring in the post.

He's going to either..

- Get his shot blocked
- Get called for a travel
- Throw up some mess and prays it goes in.

1 and 2 don't happen on the college level, but they will in the NBA.

And let's not get into his defensive ability...that is going to really hinder him.

there is no such thing as a travel in the nba.

im convinced most people who comment on these topics dont really watch all that much basketball.

matt bonner? really? matt bonner, the guy who is most effective as a set 3 point shooter? that matt bonner?

hansbrough = nick collison (although collison himself doesnt play with the same style of game he did in college)

nba_g_lscola_260.jpg

If he ever becomes as good as Luis Scola, I'd say that's a success right there.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

If he gets drafted into the right situation I think he will fare well. He definitely won't be an NBA superstar, but I believe he won't be a scrub either.

Doggie, i could succeed in the NBA in the right situation, and i'm a 5'11" hispanic that's never played basketball.

Leon Powe is much more physically gifted and plays different to me.

At the very best case, I can see him being like a Haslem-type player.

Eric Montross, Greg Foster, Greg Ostertag, Tom Gugliotta, Bill Wellington, Chris Dudley, along with a bunch of other +$**$* big men I can think of - hybrid.

My goodness....a lot of you guys were ready to throw Kevin Love under the bus, but here here he is averaging close to a double-double in his rookie year. You get TH on the right team, he's going to contribute. He's far from a bum.
The difference there is, as unathletic and chubby as Kevin Love looked at times, the kid has the ability to play and score with his back to thebasket... There's a definitive skill-set that Kevin Love brings to the table that Tyler Hansbrough doesn't have...

Tyler has no post moves. Tyler really doesn't have great touch or a great feel for the game around the rim... You see those kinds of things from Love...

There is a big difference in how he travels compared to NBA players..

and it will/does get called

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ Don't ever disrespect Ryan Gomes like that again...

IDK, I think it's a fairly good comparison. Both guys give 100% at all times and have ways of getting there shot off even though it doesn't always lookpretty.

I think the Leon Powe comparison is spot on. They're both about the same height, not terribly athletic, pretty solid rebounders, and are both toughphysical players. I think Hansbrough will surprise some people.

I said David Lee because he seems to get his numbers on hustle plays, garbage points, being set up by teammates and finishing, and once in a while a jumper.Hansborough should be able to do the same thing. Although Lee's numbers are probably inflated slightly this year with the system they are running.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Eric Montross, Greg Foster, Greg Ostertag, Tom Gugliotta, Bill Wellington, Chris Dudley, along with a bunch of other +$**$* big men I can think of - hybrid.
Please please please shut the *%$% up.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Please please please shut the *%$% up.

u tyler's personal @$%$# doggie?

i think the Tom Gugliotta comparison is dead on...Hansborough is just more physical....but both guys' games are similar. Won't thrill you with theirathleticism or their jumpers but get things done regardless.....motivated players who win on hustle, scrapping, and heart mostly

Lotta people forget how much Gugliotta contributed to his teams he got paid for a long time for a good reason

Originally Posted by splyt lickety07

i think the Tom Gugliotta comparison is dead on...Hansborough is just more physical....but both guys' games are similar. Won't thrill you with their athleticism or their jumpers but get things done regardless.....motivated players who win on hustle, scrapping, and heart mostly

Lotta people forget how much Gugliotta contributed to his teams he got paid for a long time for a good reason
uhhh no you need to watch googs play.

It often amazes me about how little people actually know.

The comparisons go from "head scratcher", to "you must be kidding", and all the way up to, "you're obviously ******ed"...

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

If he gets drafted into the right situation I think he will fare well. He definitely won't be an NBA superstar, but I believe he won't be a scrub either.

Doggie, i could succeed in the NBA in the right situation, and i'm a 5'11" hispanic that's never played basketball.

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom