Tyler Hansborough in NBA: David Lee or Mark Madsen?

=

200001Ultra138TravisKnight.jpg

1396524.jpg

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Apparently you all didn't watch Leon Powe at Cal....
Apparently you didn't comprehend the question. It was about who he best compares to in the NBA. And even now Leon is more athletic than Hansborough but they do have a similar game.
ohwell.gif
Leon Powe isn't playing any different than he was atCal...he's just less explosive. Hansborough does not have the upper body strength or the craftiness around the basket that Powe has ALWAYS had.

While hansborough is a fantastic college player i SERIOUSLY doubt that he'll be more than a marginal player, that i'm gonna just body undersized acccenters/forwards is not going to work in the nba, and unlike david lee he's not terribly nimble, his athleticism is a result of hours in the gym and is notnatural, that's terribly clear when he plays. He's definitely not mark madsen but i bet the house that he's doesnt get as good in the leauge asdavid lee is now,

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Apparently you all didn't watch Leon Powe at Cal....

i dont think anyone did since he was always hurt
laugh.gif

i dont see how comparing him to madsen is a slap in the face when he was like a 13 and 10 guy his last year at stanford

there is nothing about handjob that says Udonis Haslem NOTHING at all
So Madsen's career #'s of 10/7 = TH's CAREER numbers of 20/8???

Tyler Hansborough will leave college as one of the BEST to ever play in the ACC. He's immortalized as a tar heel, but he's on the same plane as markmadsen, right??
sick.gif

Who knows what he's going to turn out to be in the NBA, but offensively he COULD at some point put up #'s like Haslem. I don't see why that'ssuch a big stretch.

*Question...for those of you who watched Udonis Haslem at UF, did you HONESTLY think he would be this productive/good in the NBA? So, why underestimateHansborough? I mean, the kid has put up ridiculous #'s and some of you think he's the 2nd coming of Mike Penberthy. My goodness....a lot of you guyswere ready to throw Kevin Love under the bus, but here here he is averaging close to a double-double in his rookie year. You get TH on the right team,he's going to contribute. He's far from a bum.

this post reeks if you're going to compare David Lee!

more Mark Madsen,

He'll probably have a below avg career in the NBA like Eric Montross.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY way he sees any type of success is if he keeps working on that jumper (which I'll admit he has)

Cause he is NOT scoring in the post.

He's going to either..

- Get his shot blocked
- Get called for a travel
- Throw up some mess and prays it goes in.

1 and 2 don't happen on the college level, but they will in the NBA.

And let's not get into his defensive ability...that is going to really hinder him.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY way he sees any type of success is if he keeps working on that jumper (which I'll admit he has)

He's going to either..

- Get his shot blocked

And let's not get into his defensive ability...that is going to really hinder him.
They call travels in the NBA?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He's going to either..

- Get his shot blocked

Nail on the head

If I were an NBA GM, I would want someone like him on my team.

If he gets drafted into the right situation I think he will fare well. He definitely won't be an NBA superstar, but I believe he won't be a scrubeither.

I can see him averaging like 10-14 Pts and 7-8 Boards over the course of his career.

His J has gotten considerably better throughout his college career and he has the work ethic to continue to improve it. Like allen said, a lot of his BS shotattempts will probably get blocked, but so far in his career at UNC he has found a way to make the shot-put heave prayer shot go in.

I am kinda interested to see how his body will hold up playing an 82 game season though. He plays extremely hard and with high intensity, but will thattranslate into a full NBA season? Only time will tell...

Back
Top Bottom