TROPHY KIDS... Parents living vicariously through their children

i think theres a fine line between crazy parents and parents that want their kid to suceed. if my kid tells me they want to play in the nba, cussing out third grade refs seems almost ok, imo

but when parents try to make decisions for their kids and force them to do certain things, then thats a little tooo much. ive personally never seen these kind of parents, but watching that vid is like 
eek.gif

Bruh if I saw some **** like this I'd...I'd throw a bottle of sum **** at the parent

That's foul

If I ever had kids I'd never be talkin to them reckless like that

Saw this all the time when I played football in HS. Even at practice some of the parents would yell and scream at coach to get their kids in. And once they got in, yelled at their children the entire time. It was embarrassing to say the least.

One of my teammates dad yelled at me one time for being too rough on my coverage of a route. Dude berated me until I flipped him off and yelled back. I had to run like 25 stadiums because of that :smh:

Yeah I've seen some pretty bad **** w/ parents and sports. I'm a bit indifferent about it.

If the kid WANTS it...I have no problem with parents being tough on their kids about sports.

KD's mom used to cuss him out during and after bad games when he was like 13 
laugh.gif

She was very tough on him but look at the result. 

that don't make it right though… who knows how KD is when the cameras ain't in his face.

that don't make it right though… who knows how KD is when the cameras ain't in his face.
I do. 

And Kevin wanted every bit of it.
Making KD wake up at 3 in the morning to do pushups. 
laugh.gif

Honestly, I wish my parents were like this when I was coming up. My parents didn't even come to my games and just let me quit **** when I got tired of it...I wanted it but I never fully grasped how far it could have taken me until after it was too late. I'll always support my lil girl and any future seeds with whatever they wanna do and push them to get them to the next level.

I just finished watching this doc.

Few things...the golf child, she has potential, I don't think the dad is wrong with her...he says she's playing with kids older then her and clearly her game is improving, his attitude is a little off but she's the type that has potential.

The boy who played basketball, his dad is psychotic. That's a horrible parent. He is overbearing. The kid can shoot and he can play, but his dad is gonna make the kid lose his mind.

The boy who played football, he's just a soft, weak, emotional kid. He has no desire to play, he has no desire to try and no desire to fight. His dad is tough on him, but it's clear that the boy has no backbone. That kid doesn't have a mindset to succeed. I don't feel bad for him, nor do I think the father is wrong. The kid doesn't have it in him, he just needs to tell his dad and stop wasting his time. He's coddled and it's clear his mom gives him sunshine and rainbows and his father is on the opposite end.

The tennis kids, the parent is a wacko hippie...you can see everytime they showed the kids with the mom, they laughed at her. They know she's a wack job. This god mindset is the stupidest you can have with sport PERIOD. Not to mention to try and instill that in your kids for their sports.

Last edited:
I wish this was a longer documentary that spanned the behavior of the parents for 6 months to a year. I want to see how these parents are over a period of time...through good or bad

Of all the parents, the golf dad was hands down the worst.

He called his little girl a *****. :stoneface:

Not only that, it's "strange" that the girl was born on December 30th to a black father, and an Asian mother.

I just finished watching this doc.

Few things...the golf child, she has potential, I don't think the dad is wrong with her...he says she's playing with kids older then her and clearly her game is improving, his attitude is a little off but she's the type that has potential.

The boy who played basketball, his dad is psychotic. That's a horrible parent. He is overbearing. The kid can shoot and he can play, but his dad is gonna make the kid lose his mind.

The boy who played football, he's just a soft, weak, emotional kid. He has no desire to play, he has no desire to try and no desire to fight. His dad is tough on him, but it's clear that the boy has no backbone. That kid doesn't have a mindset to succeed. I don't feel bad for him, nor do I think the father is wrong. The kid doesn't have it in him, he just needs to tell his dad and stop wasting his time. He's coddled and it's clear his mom gives him sunshine and rainbows and his father is on the opposite end.

The tennis kids, the parent is a wacko hippie...you can see everytime they showed the kids with the mom, they laughed at her. They know she's a wack job. This god mindset is the stupidest you can have with sport PERIOD. Not to mention to try and instill that in your kids for their sports.
He just seemed like a kid that wanted to play football and have fun, not one with professional aspirations.  His father seemed to take all of that away from him,  I think the fact that he went back to his mother and still played football showed that  

but as soon as some parents see their child has an interest in a sport or acting or whatever

they start seeing it as their second chance instead of their childs opportunity to do something that pleases them

Of all the parents, the golf dad was hands down the worst.

He called his little girl a *****. :stoneface:

Not only that, it's "strange" that the girl was born on December 30th to a black father, and an Asian mother.

:wow: :smh: I didn't notice that the first time watching. Some people try too damn hard.

I wish this was a longer documentary that spanned the behavior of the parents for 6 months to a year. I want to see how these parents are over a period of time...through good or bad

I think for the most part there are peaks and valleys over time where there are good times and bad times. However, I think it gets worse the closer the athletes are to high school graduation because of college aspirations, wether it's from the parent or the athlete.

I was hoping that at the end the little girl swings one of her clubs at that sorry excuse for a man. You calling your daughter a B sets a great standard as to how men should treat her. Good job idiot.

it sucks but this is so on point, at my parents house its a little different from the documentary.

my step pops lets my lil brother get away with everything.

he basically runs their house, he had a cellphone a ps3 and a laptop by age 12..

i wasnt allowed to have a tv in my room until i was 20, my lil brother even got a call from one of his lil friends at 11:30 at night, when he was 12..

i wasnt allowed to have phone calls after 9pm, i was 21 and renting a house with them.

he is 15 now and is a great athlete, but i have a feeling he is only passing his classes because he plays sports.

my step pops coached wrestling tennis football softball basketball pretty much every sport.

he also played football for OK STATE.

i also passed my classes because he led my school to a bunch of championships.

this documentary shows how things are different nowadays, the dad from compton..

i was scared as hell watching his part just waiting for him to slap the ish out of his bryant gumble looking son.

the kid is soft and would rather be taking photos of himself, he is a different breed than that of his father.

the mom obviously still lets him suckle on her teet, the golf dad was funny but i think he is doing all he can for his daughter, theres hope for her.

the basketball kid will not want to play ball because anything associated with that will remind him that his annoying dad will show up.

tennis kids are just having fun, the mom is a dingbat.

Last edited:
I watched this on netflix a month ago or so. I don't see the issue with the tennis mom other than she is a little odd. Those boys seemed to be having fun
The basketball father's were losers, kids like 6'3'' and struggling to dunk a tennis ball :lol: the football dad was trying to live his own dreams through his son when the boy would of clearly rather just have fun
The golf dad idk about. She seemed to enjoy golf alot just hated him being so attached to her winning and being perfect

Back
Top Bottom