Top 5 War Movies

das-boot.jpg

Full-Metal-Jacket-DVD.jpg

filmography_163.jpg

3159819-Poster_of_The_Great_Escape-Zagan.jpg

schindlers-list-DVDcover.jpg

Saving Private Ryan has got to be my favorite of all time.

Jarhead
Full Metal Jacket

No one mentioned The Patriot with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger

That movie is great.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by infamousod

And especially for Band of Brothers fans, there is a "Iraq war version" if you will done by the creators of the Wire, also on HBO. Aired last year
around this time actually.

GK.jpg

must watch, 7 part miniseries.

btw Jarhead is awful. Platoon is also good and if you like submarine films watch Das Boot (I have the uncut 5 hour long German version with English subtitles),
it's the film all other submarine films steal form
yep, generation kill was very well done. What else would you expect from the makers of the wire?

I don't think jarhead is an awful war movie. I think it did a great job at portraying a war that was hardly fought. wasn't there one casualty in the entire gulf war? I feel like the movie was boring because the war itself was boring to those who were fighting

I can't stand Jake Gyllenhal to begin with, the moviee had "meh" themes and Marines don't even approve of it. All it establishes is that SamMendes thinks Marines are @@+$-erotic war crazed psychos. Not even Jamie Foxx's performance could save this movie for me.

Apocalypse Now
Glory<<<Underrated
Saving Private Ryan
Black Hawk Down<<Probably my fav modern warfare movie
Platoon

The Pianist and Shindler's list are among my fav movies ever but I wouldn't call them "war" movies. Defiance was good too, defiance is moreof a "war movie" than The Pianist and Shindler's list.

thanx for the response guys, so Im about to rent

black hawk down
shniders list
saving private ryan
and gladiator (i know its not a war but I havent seen it)

I plan to watch them within a week am I good?

I need some help identifying this war movie.

I saw it a few month ago on bootleg and it was pretty dope, but i dont know the name of it.

I dont know if it was Vienam or what.........but it was a gang of soldiers and the people there were looking for and were trading lives with were goingunderground in these tunnels.

During the movie they would follow them through the tunnel, and one time when the dude peeped his head out the hole, a chic from the other side stuck a bigstick through his neck and left him like that.

At the end of the movie, of girl that stuck it through his neck and one of the soldies suffocated because a bomb went off and they got stuck underground.

Anyone recognize this??

Originally Posted by cOlorWay

Saving Private Ryan has got to be my favorite of all time.

Jarhead

Full Metal Jacket

No one mentioned The Patriot with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger

That movie is great.

I was just going to mention the Patriot. Great movie.

Blackhawk Down
Saving Private Ryan
Full Metal Jacket
The Hurt Locker
Red Dawn

we know Band of Brothers...btw they are making a Pacific theater version too aptly named "The Pacific"

it stars the kid who played Tim in Jurassic Park (he's 25 now), it's already done filming and is expected in early 2010 it looks like.

Originally Posted by KAM WINSTON

Originally Posted by NJstress03

Just caught this for the first time last week On Demand.
It's one of my faves NOW.

I have it on Blu Ray and it is amazing
pimp.gif

Saving Private Ryan
Full Metal Jacket
Thin Red Line
Blackhawk Down

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I need some help identifying this war movie.

I saw it a few month ago on bootleg and it was pretty dope, but i dont know the name of it.

I dont know if it was Vienam or what.........but it was a gang of soldiers and the people there were looking for and were trading lives with were going underground in these tunnels.

During the movie they would follow them through the tunnel, and one time when the dude peeped his head out the hole, a chic from the other side stuck a big stick through his neck and left him like that.

At the end of the movie, of girl that stuck it through his neck and one of the soldies suffocated because a bomb went off and they got stuck underground.

Anyone recognize this??
Anybody???? I actually wanna buy this movie but i never knew the name of it

agree with most listed but born on the 4th of july is classic one of my fav movies of all time

2 underrated:
-casualties of war with mike j. fox
-tigerland

not rly a war movie but jacobs ladder is crazy as %$!% about a vietnam vet

Back
Top Bottom