Tony Romo out 4 weeks w/ broken right pinkie

Lemme ask this, what happens if Johnson comes in and wins game ala Kerry Collins.
It's possible. It's the same situation, too; he will be asked to make the easy passes and not turn the ball over like Collins was. I guessyou could say that for most backup quarterbacks, though.

There's a reason Brad Johnson is still in the NFL and has been for over a decade; he can still play the position.

That's too bad for Cowboys "fans"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by potus2028

*DaJoka*
Jeff Garcia is not better than Donovan McNabb...
You're absolutely right.

We turned things around that year because arrogant Andy gave the playcalling duties to MM who actually gave the ball to Westbrook.

It could be a situation like the Skins had last season when Campbell went down. Collins played some lights-out football. Brad Johnson has a noodle arm, but hewon't make some of the same mental errors that Romo does. I am in NO WAY saying that Johnson > Romo, cause that would be idiotic...however, I do thinkJohnson has the ability to manage a game a little "cooler" than Romo. There is no reason they shouldn't go 4-0 while Romo is out. I think thereare bigger issues on this team other than QB play.

Originally Posted by ENVIED247365

Originally Posted by jmause3

we can still go 2-1..beat the Rams,Bucs..Giants ehhh..then hopefully he can be back for the ********

this injury makes the loss yesterday that much worse. i think we can beat the Rams but the Bucs and Giants are gonna be tough. our o-line looked horrible and both of them will be more focused on stopping the run. Garrett will earn his money if we go 2-1. Not to mention Newman is out and we dont know the status of Pac yet. if we go 2-1 i will be happy and shocked
From reading the article on Espn and NFl.com they say Romo is out UP TO 4 weeks..which means he can be back sooner then 4 weeks..i would say its possible for him to play in the Giants game
grin.gif

but i agree..even though the Giants are undefeated they dont look unbeatable..TO, Witten, and Barber are really going to have to pick it up..their three of the best players in the league so their capable of doing it..Brad Johnson needs to just make sure he doesnt turn the ball over, dont do too much and let the other skill players do the rest..

and on Defense at least in the secondary its not looking good..If Felix is out that really hurts our special teams..

is the realistic goal. the injury to felix is a bummer without a doubt but our big 3 are just going to have to step up. the injuries hurt us but its no excuse,we still can make things happen. its going to be tough but not season ending. this just means that other players have to step up

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by BattsLM

Originally Posted by CP1708

Lemme ask this, what happens if Johnson comes in and wins game ala Kerry Collins.

Romo comes back healthy but boys are 4- 0 without him.

Do they automatically hand spot back to Romo?

What if TO falls in love with Johnson?

That's dicey if they pile up wins.
Then Romo will need to sit the bench and watch..
laugh.gif
Yeah right.
If Johnson leads this team to 4-0 against good competition...then I see no reason why they should give the spot back to Romo right away.. Just myopinion..

laugh.gif
Yeah right.
If Johnson leads this team to 4-0 against good competition...then I see no reason why they should give the spot back to Romo right away.. Just my opinion..
So Brad Johnson is your long term QB then? You can't bench Tony Romo because Brad Johnson wins some games.

Gotta love our fans...we went from the sky is falling 2 a hypothetical QB controversy induced by ball control and reduced turnovers...in the space of 12 hours.
laugh.gif
The Cowboys are Tony Romo's team. I dig the optimism tho. I really do. I hope we even still havin this conversation Monday.

laugh.gif
Yeah right.
If Johnson leads this team to 4-0 against good competition...then I see no reason why they should give the spot back to Romo right away.. Just my opinion..
So Brad Johnson is your long term QB then? You can't bench Tony Romo because Brad Johnson wins some games.
Exactly... If this team goes 3-0 in this stretch before the Bye Week, you chalk it up as everybody finally realizing they haven't provenanything and it's time to get their act together...

Tony Romo gets his job back when he's healthy, regardless of how Brad Johnson is playing... This isn't a Vince Young situation where he was already onshaky ground with his job before the injury...

Yo...you know some $#!+ done happened when your team gets its own little section across the bottom of ESPN News.

WR Sam Hurd- It's prolly a wrap, he needs ankle surgery...
P Mat McBriar- Curtains 4 him 2, fractured foot...
RB El Gato- Partially torn hammy, 2-4 weeks...
WR Patrick Crayton- Sprained tongue, no interviews 4 3-6 weeks (I wish...)

That's just so far...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Yeah right.
Exactly... If this team goes 3-0 in this stretch before the Bye Week, you chalk it up as everybody finally realizing they haven't proven anything and it's time to get their act together...

Tony Romo gets his job back when he's healthy, regardless of how Brad Johnson is playing... This isn't a Vince Young situation where he was already on shaky ground with his job before the injury...

Didn't the Eagles have this prob a while back? My point was more of, let's say you go 3 and 0, then give the spot back to Romo and they start to loseor at least, play less then they are capable of. Aren't they then setting themselves up to have players question why did we switch what was working?

It's all debate, I know Romo is their guy and all, just wondering what you guys think is all.

^ This the 3rd time you came in here 2 say nothin. Aint nobody payin you no mind, and that clearly bothers you. Now, either you Carrie Underwood, or you need alife asap. Make your choice, cuzzo.

we can still go 2-1..beat the Rams,Bucs..Giants ehhh..then hopefully he can be back for the ********

this injury makes the loss yesterday that much worse. i think we can beat the Rams but the Bucs and Giants are gonna be tough. our o-line looked horrible and both of them will be more focused on stopping the run. Garrett will earn his money if we go 2-1. Not to mention Newman is out and we dont know the status of Pac yet. if we go 2-1 i will be happy and shocked
From reading the article on Espn and NFl.com they say Romo is out UP TO 4 weeks..which means he can be back sooner then 4 weeks..i would say its possible for him to play in the Giants game
grin.gif

but i agree..even though the Giants are undefeated they dont look unbeatable..TO, Witten, and Barber are really going to have to pick it up..their three of the best players in the league so their capable of doing it..Brad Johnson needs to just make sure he doesnt turn the ball over, dont do too much and let the other skill players do the rest..

and on Defense at least in the secondary its not looking good..If Felix is out that really hurts our special teams..

is the realistic goal. the injury to felix is a bummer without a doubt but our big 3 are just going to have to step up. the injuries hurt us but its no excuse, we still can make things happen. its going to be tough but not season ending. this just means that other players have to step up
its time for these other guys to start earning their paychecks..and its really time for Jason Garret to earn all that money he is getting andstart calling a better gameplan..for 3 mil/year that Garret is getting i expect alot more out of the offense..

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

laugh.gif

The cowboys season slowly gonna go down the drain.

1st goes Romo next will be Owens
a) our season isnt going "down the drain" ... we have to deal with some injuries, ok ... so be it

b) at least our season wasnt over when our front office shipped out a hall of fame qb for some mullet wearing pansy
Lol when will people stop bringing up Favre like us Packers fans are mad about it. We enjoyed his presence for 15 years and we are still rootingfor him. You wish Romo was anything like Favre. Favre woulda played through a broken pinky and win.

Its also very funny how all you Cowboys fans were hating on the Packers when they lost 3 games while half their team was demolished with injuries and theystill are! Hmm sames happening to you and im happy. Also i hope TO gets hurt next.

For real you cowboy fans are a funny bunch.

Back
Top Bottom