To those who say 'Ye can't rap...

did yall actually listen to College Dropout?!?

just found the cd of CD lol.  the *+*# is timeless.  can still listen from front to back...and he spits for days.

People actually say this? I mean yea you(not you) may not like dudes music but he can def rap..

When they say he can't rap they mean he isn't that good at being super lyrical with the metaphors, double and triple entendres, and elite word play like Andre 3000, Nas, Jay-Z, Lupe, etc. frequently display throughout their careers.

Ye's briefly shown those capabilities and the truth is most ppl who are fans like him for his other strengths as a rapper and artist.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

When they say he can't rap they mean he isn't that good at being super lyrical with the metaphors, double and triple entendres, and elite word play like Andre 3000, Nas, Jay-Z, Lupe, etc. frequently display throughout their careers.

Ye's briefly shown those capabilities and the truth is most ppl who are fans like him for his other strengths as a rapper and artist.
Agreed. And personally I think College Dropout contains Kanye's best RAPPING so OP your not wrong for pointing the album out

I remember listening to college drop out, and just thinking to myself. He had this whole %!*! master mind, he laid out his plan for the stars right in-front of our eyes. Dude was spitting for real on college drop out.

Late Regristration>*
Gone had one of his best verses

I'mmmm
Ah-head of my time, sometimes years out
So the powers that be won't let me get my ideas out
And that make me wanna get my advance out
And move to Oklahoma and just live at my Aunt's house
Yeah, I romance the thought of leavin it all behind
Kanye step away from the lime-
-light, like, when I was on the grind
In the "One, Nine, Nine, Nine"
Before, model chicks was bendin over or
Dealerships asked me Benz or Rover, man
If I could just get one beat on Hova
We could get up off this cheap-@$* sofa
What the summer of the Chi got to offer an 18-year-old
Sell drugs or get a job, you gotta play gyro
My dawg worked at Taco Bell, hooked us up plural
Fired a week later the manager count the churros
Sometimes I can't believe it when I look up in the mirrow
How we out in Europe, spendin Euros
They claim you never know what you got 'til it's GONE
I know I got it, I don't know what y'all on
I'ma open up a store for aspiring MC's
Won't sell 'em no dream, but the inspiration is free
But if they ever flip sides like Anakin
You'll sell everything includin the mannequin
They got a new %%#** now you Jennifer Aniston
Hold on I'll handle it, don't start panickin, stay calm
Shorty's at the door cause they need more
Inspiration for they life, they souls, and they songs
They said sorry Mr. West is gone!

Ye low-key has bars

Ye can spit, but is that the reason why he's one of my favorite artists? Dude has so many other strengths

Late Registration made me realize Kanye was really mean wit da mic. I mean the beats were crazy too but dude has BARSSS

Throw your diamonds up like you bulimic, yeah the beat cold but the flow is anemic 
smokin.gif

He is an artist that knows how to rap. Not a lyricist. His rap has more emotion than meaning. Kinda hard to explain.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Not rapping like Nas and Jay doesn't mean you can't rap though.His voice doesn't appeal to some people and he doesn't rap with the interesting rhythms/cadences as some other MCs. But Ye can spit, and he works to his strengths. People don't listen to him just to hear some nice beats.

Its insane to say Ye can't rap, people kill me with that.  He aint a Jay-Z or Nas, but he's clearly better than any mainstream artists not named Lupe...

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

He is an artist that knows how to rap. Not a lyricist. His rap has more emotion than meaning. Kinda hard to explain.

naw. shouldn't be hard to explain at all...

She said ye can we get married at that mallllllll

I will give you college drop out.  That album was his best lyrically.  But saying his rap has meaning and emotion is true....but the art of putting words together that rhyme he sucks at.  Every single bar is super basic one syllable rap. 

Now i love Ye's music.  He is still to me top 5 producer in hip-hop.  But he can not rap.

Ye is good he does have occasional average bars though. But Ye has excelled beyond many other rap artists.

IMO without slurping My dark twisted fantasy was a classic album regardless of rap everything was done perfect from beats, to skits, to intros, everything.

he's lyrical as %*+%#. doesn't mean he's pushing fabolous punch lines but he is definitely heavy on content.

Back
Top Bottom