To everyone 19 years or younger with a car...

But I wanted to know, especially to the people who bought it themselves, how they went about saving and such. i need some tips.
Basically, just get money. Simple as that. Also it's very important that you factor in insurance costs, maintenance, registration, etc. etc.

Happy hustlin'
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

just realize even if you save up 2k to buy a car, who's gonna pay insurance? if you are paying insurance, even if you are under ur parents name it will still cost a fortune at 19. and i'm not even counting gas and maintenance.
It's called getting a job.

"Inherited" my sister's 97 Accord. She went from like 75k miles to 160k in about 5 years and I went from 160 to 190 in 3 years. That bad boy isstill running strong
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

just realize even if you save up 2k to buy a car, who's gonna pay insurance? if you are paying insurance, even if you are under ur parents name it will still cost a fortune at 19. and i'm not even counting gas and maintenance.
obviously even with the job the OP has it might not be the best idea to get a car if he's gonna be making 500$ a month. insurance is going tobe at least $200, gas maybe $50-100, then right there is already more than 1/2 of the month's paycheck. if something breaks...dude's not gonna beeating the whole month
grin.gif

obviously even with the job the OP has it might not be the best idea to get a car if he's gonna be making 500$ a month. insurance is going to be at least $200, gas maybe $50-100, then right there is already more than 1/2 of the month's paycheck. if something breaks...dude's not gonna be eating the whole month
grin.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Buzz kill at its finest. Ahhh well Im hoping to have a better paying job by the time I do get a car, and Ill probably (hopefully) get some help with theinsurance from my mom until I get better situated

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

obviously even with the job the OP has it might not be the best idea to get a car if he's gonna be making 500$ a month. insurance is going to be at least $200, gas maybe $50-100, then right there is already more than 1/2 of the month's paycheck. if something breaks...dude's not gonna be eating the whole month
grin.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Buzz kill at its finest. Ahhh well Im hoping to have a better paying job by the time I do get a car, and Ill probably (hopefully) get some help with the insurance from my mom until I get better situated

dont worry man im 17 and my insurance is $138

Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

my parents paid like 2000 and i paid like 3000 which i saved from b-days and under table jobs for my 2001 ford taurus which i got when i was 16 1/2
just about a month ago after busting my %%$ working 5 somtimes 7 days a week i was able to by this (im 19 now)
2b81631cab0453fc2bb010d48f863aace3d11eb1.jpg

2008 Altima which i bought with all my own money.. now im working my %%$ off to get a lil house hopefully
You must got a karmaloop type discount on insurence
grin.gif

my dad held me down with money for a '04 BMW 540i when it first dropped..to this day my mom never knew i had it
roll.gif

Got a Silverado at 16 with help from my parents and at 19 I'm about to get a 5 year lease on an 09 M3 in my name.

On some corny but real stuff you don't have to work a minimum wage job ever. You are better than that. Read the book "The Power of Now" byEckhart Tolle no bs its inspiring.

For a grad present I got an 07 Hyundai Sonata for the low, because my aunt works for Hyundai down in its LA headquarters.
Me, my mom, and my dad each chipped in $1000.
I'm working to pay off the rest of it right now.

I got it when I was 16. Got it has a hand me down because my sister was becoming a nun.
To bad I got in a wreck the other week cause some dude rear ended the car and now its totaled.
Its been a great 4 years =(

Went to every car lot in the dmv and got told no because of the economy found one place that made it happen with a decent monthly payment so i have a 2005jetta its nice for my first car and it will build my credit so im good

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by joshhassolex

damn, dude how much you getting paid?
anyways, i'm getting mines as a graduation gift
$7.20 an hour and only making about 260 every other week. I was planning on putting 50 in savings to save up but thats gunna take too long
smh.gif

But I wanted to know, especially to the people who bought it themselves, how they went about saving and such. i need some tips.
im 17, make like 110 a week (not much) but i save like 70% of it, and put my money in a CD for a while, etc. right now Ive saved up about 4 grandfrom my job, and I got some other money too

Im gonna be buying a car when I turn 18 and my dads probably helping me pay for it

im currently 19, momma dukes gave me her old '99 camry after copping a TL because she wanted me to come home from school more often

pops held me down with 10g and i made the rest of the payments until i paid off the car which was about 7,000

Back
Top Bottom