Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

You guys thought you did. Same with me before I 
actually received spiritual birth.

Like you I grew up in church, and read scripture.
I believed and thought I knew God, but in reality I didn't 
know squat about God, just his Word.

I didn't have my actual trust in Christ nor did I turn from my sins,
I just liked the idea of forgiveness, love, and heaven.

What you believe to be religion is
actually greater than you can grasp.

So you're projecting your past self onto us? Your ignorant responses about me make more sense now.

How do you know that you don't just think you know Christ like we thought we knew him?

So you're projecting your past self onto us? Your ignorant responses about me make more sense now.

How do you know that you don't just think you know Christ like we thought we knew him?
Are you not doing the same.

Because you didn't know, anyone one who knows Him doesn't know?

I know my friend.

Last edited:
Bruh....the irony....do you even know what that scripture means?

Peter sunk because he took his eyes off of Jesus and his natural mind took over which says what a lot of people say, "Wait a minute....I can't do this!" While already doing it.

And where did you get this explanation about lot's wife from? Where does it say that she turned into Christ?

Jesus even talks about Lot's wife and to remember her demise.

What was salts relevance at the time? Don't just hint at something, explain it to show that you know what you're talking about.

And I said this before in here:
Any answer you get from a believer about God will have a biblically rooted answer because we believe that the bible is His word. You cannot separate God from His word. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, AND THE WORD WAS GOD.

To us that's like saying, give me an answer about God that doesn't include a reference to God.

And this is my point exactly. You're asking an outsider what your bible means. For something that you take as the gospel and runs your life you should know what it means front to back.

Why did god chose salt as the pillar she turned into?

What does Lots name mean?

What does Abraham's name?

Why was it a serpent in the garden and not a mongoose?

Is revelations to be took literally or symbolically?

For an omnipotent god surely he doesn't spare the words he chooses and everything has meaning.

Simple questions that one should probably ask before they condemn someone to hell and say they know that to be a fact.

Again "gods word" has been rewritten and changed by men for hundreds of years. So who's word is it? Some of those men didn't even believe in your god :lol:

"Gods word" contradicts other translations of the same "word".

Last edited:
 Oh yes.

A kid that is telling you the key
to life.

you aint telling me a damn thing but a bunch of drivel out of a book that you don't know the author to, that's a rip off of an older story, has been rewritten countless times and used to spread hate and fear for centuries

if thats the key to life I'm good

you should live life, research history and other cultures before you start finger wagging based on a book written by people who thought the world was flat

Dudes in here spewing verses they've got no idea what they really mean. Then backtracking trying to connect the dots or citing faith when there's no answer. For a god that's supposed to be simple to love he's sure made it complicated for his followers

John 14:12

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
Dudes spewing verses and have no idea what they mean, then you just....post a verse. No explanation. Nothing, and has nothing to do with your post.

I asked you if you knew what it meant. There's nothing in my reply or previous responses in this thread that could give you the impression that I don't know.
Why did god chose salt as the pillar she turned into?

What does Lots name mean?

What does Abraham's name?

Why was it a serpent in the garden and not a mongoose?

Is revelations to be took literally or symbolically?

For an omnipotent god surely he doesn't spare the words he chooses and everything has meaning.

Simple questions that one should probably ask before they condemn someone to hell and say they know that to be a fact.
Ok...from your earlier post, referenced below:
This is why some people need to step out of the bible, and have some additional research. What was salts relevance at the time frame and how would the author be implementing it in this passage.
You're insinuating that you've already researched this and have an answer. Please tell us so that we can further talk about them. You posted a lot of thoughts on Lot's wife but no reference or idea of WHERE you got this from.
Again "gods word" has been rewritten and changed by man for hundreds of years. So who's word is it?

"Gods word" contradicts other translations of the same "word".
Again @BLASTERCOMBO, post the contradictions and we'll talk about them. This keeps getting brought up but none are listed.

If they don't contradict then why do you choose one translation and only one? What's the difference? The fact that there are different translations IS PROOF they don't agree. There isn't even 1 universal bible. That's sad

Hallywood how do you think the origins of humans came to be. People of the book say God. Some people say big bang + billions of years of evolution, and others say I don't know and it doesn't really impact me. What's your gut feeling? Even if you say you don't know, whats your gut feeling on this. Others chime in too if you would like.

I don't know, but the big bang+evolution theory has my vote. The 7days creation thing never made sense to me,and sounded down right lazy IMO.

I don't want to make this a race thread at all. So I'll try and speak about this objectively as possible.

@retroJ23

I'm assuming you're african American based off your Avy. By you electing to accept Christianity as your denomination of faith you're basically saying that your ancestors had no knowledge of spiritual wisdom and weren't liberated until Europeans introduced them to it. Mind you the believers of this religion who found it appropriate to introduce it to you, also found it appropriate to kill you, rape your wife, kill your children and strip you completely of everything that makes you human.

If that alone isn't enough to get your mind going I don't know what is.

I'd gladly explain all the stuff you quoted if you're really interested. But first and foremost id like to challenge you to think about what I really just said if my assumption is true.

View media item 1128744

Hallywood how do you think the origins of humans came to be. People of the book say God. Some people say big bang + billions of years of evolution, and others say I don't know and it doesn't really impact me. What's your gut feeling? Even if you say you don't know, whats your gut feeling on this. Others chime in too if you would like.

I honestly believe we always have been and we always will be. We didn't come from monkeys. There's people who lie about history because they have an agenda to push. At our essence our soul is just energy. Can't be created or destroyed.

I don't want to make this a race thread at all. So I'll try and speak about this objectively as possible.

@retroJ23

I'm assuming you're african American based off your Avy. By you electing to accept Christianity as your denomination of faith you're basically saying that your ancestors had no knowledge of spiritual wisdom and weren't liberated until Europeans introduced them to it. Mind you the believers of this religion who found it appropriate to introduce it to you, also found it appropriate to kill you, rape your wife, kill your children and strip you completely of everything that makes you human.

If that alone isn't enough to get your mind going I don't know what is.

I'd gladly explain all the stuff you quoted if you're really interested. But first and foremost id like to challenge you to think about what I really just said if my assumption is true.

View media item 1128744

This does get me too at times. Blacks who are Christians are Christians for a reason. If it weren't for this reason they probably would be something else. It's just not Christianity though. Wasn't Islam passed to people forcefully as well. Religions spread through violence as well as non violently as well.

However, people could argue and I find it a reasonable argument that it wasn't god's intention. That's how the people misinterpreted texts or it was people's doings. But still you're Christian or Muslim or something in most cases by previous force or incentives.

I honestly believe we always have been and we always will be. We didn't come from monkeys. There's people who lie about history because they have an agenda to push. At our essence our soul is just energy. Can't be created or destroyed.

So you believe what exactly the earth was always present with people? And what agenda are you speaking of? What's the agenda regarding evolving from common ancestors?

Last edited:
Can you show me some of the evil he's responsible for in the world today and just the correlation with the bible ?
Iniquity: idolatry, pirating, homosexuality, drunkenness, sexual immorality etc.

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

Unbelievers

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Conrinth 4:4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom